• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Battlegrounds and the public

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
First off, I'm sure certain individuals who dislike me will post on here how bad I am, and my ideas etc., getting that out of the way. :) Battlegrounds center is located at 1700, 1300. You can get here withing a minute of your time by going through the Southwest portal. This area is completely PvP based, and welcomes solo play and group vs group play. Over the past three nights, we've had plenty of 1v1's, and have had multiple large scale group fights. Some feel like complaining that this is near NCH and we're asking you to come to us. Yes it is near, however the point of this is for the entire server to have a hot spot when they are looking for PvP action. There is multiple buildings that are built completely around PvP, and the terrain has been altered to support PvP as well. The battlegrounds is still being built daily, and plenty of ideas are in the works. I may have admin assistance in the coming days, but will not comment saying we will for sure. Feel free to spread the word about this zone, and bring your friends. Let the negative posters commence. ;)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Sounds awesome, the new North road? :3 Will head over and have a look sometime ;)

Also, don't care about them haters. They're just bored of life and have a need to hurt someone else. Keep on rocking in pvp Coal Harbour ;)

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
I'll be working on putting timed pressure plate triggered LWC dispensers that we can fill with things like gold and diamonds before battles to create objective points with incentive. We are considering other "game types" as well but it's difficult to create emergent gameplay opportunities via natural incentive.

Another idea was having a "vault" that we fill and use multiple defend points with levers that must all be actove for a certain amount of time before you can move to the next defend point. This game type could use a few defend points but would require some interesting engineering to allow defenders to get back. Most ideas will require personal regions as well so our townies will hopefully have enough since we have a good amount of donors.

Also, in the coming weeks I'll have a massive arena on the border of the Battlegrounds for sport as well as practicing for the Arena Tourny or just arena combat in general since it's a lot different than open world pvp. I'm planning to work some redstone magic and use various terrain elements to create a truly unique and dynamic environment for combat including incorporating mob battles for the future using only what is available to normal players.

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Thank you guys so much for the support, incredibly appreciated. Contact me on the forums or in game if you need anything from me!