• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Battleground Idea

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
So I've been getting opinions from multiple active towns, and just the general population what they think would be neat to improve PvP. All suggestions pretty much mentioned some sort of PvP hotspot. After I had mentioned in off-topic that I may build a battleground that people can roam solo or with groups in an easy to get to location, I was flooded with messages from the public. Everyone seemed to absolutely love this idea. Here's my thought of what I may do as long as no admins deny me the option.

From the southwest portal you will see a sign pointing towards the battleground. This will be a fairly decent size flat ground area in which people can roam on easy to PvP terrain. In this battleground area I will have four towers that people can fight over and defend. In the center of the battleground I will have a miniature castle with a courtyard, and inner structure that people can fight over and use as a center focus point. This requires no admin help in any way, however if admins took to the idea, plenty of fun things could be implemented. Towers could be claimable by towns and taken over by other towns in a scheduled defense, same with the castle. This could also be claimed as a war-zone to avoid griefers, and labeled as "the spot for PvP action".

I feel this battleground idea will save towns a lot of annoying trouble of having groups PK them while their working on stuff. From what I've heard from multiple bigger PvP players, they go to towns to look for a fight, not to get into chests. I'm completely open to suggestions to improve the battlegrounds, and I hope I can get support from higher ranking individuals to see this goal reached.

Rach1991

Wood
This sounds super solid, for sure support the idea. I think this really benefits both builders and pvpers. Always hit towns just to find a fight. A battleground would be an easy way to find active pvp. +1

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Right now it's just myself working on the project, getting the terrain adjusted for the project and all that good stuff. The link I provide is a simple, quick paint map of the general area. Keep in mind the bridges will be detailed and built at an arch. It will be around 6-8 wide and have 4 tiny towers at each corner of the bridge. The hope of this is that bridge fighting will be a fun element to fight in. The towers will be three levels high with a gate front door, and side wooden door. Haven't quite decided on how to make the castle look. Making it fairly small, and only three levels high, yet still the appeal of fighting in a castle. Will have a front main gate, then courtyard, followed by another gate which leads into the inner parts of the castle in which you will take stairs to different levels. Should be fun to fight in and offer melee a chance in the battlegrounds.

http://i44.tinypic.com/3515oxl.png

B

Bingy1218

Looks great the idea is very good as some people krave pvp on the server including myself :D If you do ever need a hand i'm here to help :)

Aetosion

Obsidian
As long as I can still PK everyone, the idea sounds sweet. I'm certainly not going to stop killing people and raiding just because there's some castle to capture. Perhaps give 50c income to whichever town controls it at the end of each day.

There's already the super convenient are a at spawn, but people still go around raiding. I wouldn't expect a Castle Siege game to change that.

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Not asking people to stop raiding in any form. This is simply a hotspot for people who are looking for PvP. It's a decent size area to roam that is good terrain instead of just an arena. Simply offering the server a few hundred block area that is designed for PvP whether it be looking for 1v1s or group vs group scenarios. I like the suggestion of the whole 50c income thing a lot, but no clue how that could get implemented. I'm down to give coords of the area, but I know people are going to make it difficult for me to build the towers/castles/etc haha. Essentially you log on, don't really feel like running to a bunch of towns to look for PvP, can just port to the battleground and roam the area. If things go as planned, it will be a popular area that still offers the thrill of randomly running into individuals open field. For coords to get a feel of the size, shoot me a message on either here or ingame. Karuu91.

brancher

Obsidian
As long as I can still PK everyone, the idea sounds sweet. I'm certainly not going to stop killing people and raiding just because there's some castle to capture. Perhaps give 50c income to whichever town controls it at the end of each day.

There's already the super convenient are a at spawn, but people still go around raiding. I wouldn't expect a Castle Siege game to change that.
Don't understand how that arena in spawn can be considered fun.. people just run to no-pvp once they're low, its quite annoying.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
This area could be huge. It could also turn out to be somewhat like those World v World maps on GW2 :D

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
On sanctum there was an area called the battlegrounds, with CTF and TDM game types. It was pretty awesome and have always wanted it back and I think it will be much improved with heroes.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
This area could be huge. It could also turn out to be somewhat like those World v World maps on GW2 :D

In that case, do a entire new world for a GW2 map, and make it so that it has above ground, ungriefable strongholds and whatnot. Perhaps inside the stronghold, you can have regenerating chests of TNT, Flint and Steel, Bow and Arrows, Iron armor
... ect (that can only be used in the WvWvW map.) This map would have a seperate inventory, obviously.

My idea would be something like a DDO, where you would jump down into a pit...

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
In that case, do a entire new world for a GW2 map, and make it so that it has above ground, ungriefable strongholds and whatnot.

My idea would be something like a DDO, where you would jump down into a pit...
That would be pretty awesome... but it seems like a lot of work

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
Yea. Would this be coded in a special way so you can actually "capture" the towers.. or would it just be a free for all?

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
So confused if people are asking about my idea or about the gw2 map or w/e lol. For my idea, the towers/castle are just for looks and terrain to fight in. Holding the castle/tower will make outnumbered fights more reasonable and easier, along with holding bridges. If the admins decided that this idea was solid, and wanted to help then I'm sure some type of CTF type ordeal could be slowly worked in for events and whatnot.

Most of the bone of the battlegrounds is complete. We have the bridges just about finished, the water is in, and the general castle is built. As of midnight, towers were being started on soo give us a day since the tourny is today. After we finish everything up, we'll be going back through and adding detail to make things look better. I'd say by Monday everything should be good to go. People can roam the area, then let us know what they would like to see whether it to be more buildings or a larger area in general.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
So confused if people are asking about my idea or about the gw2 map or w/e lol. For my idea, the towers/castle are just for looks and terrain to fight in. Holding the castle/tower will make outnumbered fights more reasonable and easier, along with holding bridges. If the admins decided that this idea was solid, and wanted to help then I'm sure some type of CTF type ordeal could be slowly worked in for events and whatnot.

CTF would be amazing for a castle based landscape...

Again, I would love to see Castles get 'supplied' every once in a while and people can use the supplies (Various weapons, armor, food, TNT perhaps if it doesn't do damage to terrain...

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Aw man, you beat me to it lol. Anyways, I love the idea BUT little problem, GY would fair distance away. So mabby make a GY just for the area. And mabby only that you respawn if die in the BG. Also, there should be a reward system. Every 5-10 kills mabby? Something you can only get through PVP. Can't believe some one beat me too this... Really hope this gets noticed by all. I will be pvping here. aetosion had a point though. So, heres what you do, make a timer, every 1/2 hrs give 25c per tower controlled, and a bonus for castle. Thanks for reading.