• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bandage Skill Reagent

Do you think the skill Bandage should Require a Reagent.

• Total voters

teddytazer

Soulsand
I think Bandage skill should require something simple like paper in order to be effective. I believe as healer you should be required to carry something other then just a weapon. Normal doctors are near useless without medical supplies yet our healers dance around bandaging wounds with nothing more then air and some magic. Last map I mastered bloodmage and I pretty gave up on even carrying food on me cause I had bandage and chant.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think Bandage skill should require something simple like paper in order to be effective. I believe as healer you should be required to carry something other then just a weapon. Normal doctors are near useless without medical supplies yet our healers dance around bandaging wounds with nothing more then air and some magic. Last map I mastered bloodmage and I pretty gave up on even carrying food on me cause I had bandage and chant.
Yes! Healing needs reagents in general imo.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
And yes to the paper and paper are not that difficult to get too.
Just carry some around and start healing your party, great suggestion.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
In exchange for really low damage per second, Healers can heal themselves or others instead of gathering and carrying food. I'd say that is a pretty fair trade. Having to farm sugarcane or something else effectively removes the no food perk.

Bandage is also the healer "bread and butter" skill. As a cleric, I used it far more than any other, except maybe smite. Also keep in mind that no other base path has a skill with a reagent (other than potion), so this would hit healers too hard. This would have as much of an impact as adding reagents to strike, envenom, or fireblast. Most of the time only very powerful skills require reagents, and bandage isn't a powerful skill.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
What would adding paper really change in the game overall?
When I res at the graveyard I can no longer bandage? Anyone with a town can make 500 paper in 2 minutes. I don't see how making a player create more "useless" items benefits anyone.

teddytazer

Soulsand
By making paper a reagent, it would add value to the paper and sugarcane. So Caster spec dies at graveyard, no reagents are granted to him yet healers just walk out naked ready to use most every skill they have. I think adding reagents to healer skills like bandage would add to the overall game experience and to the economy.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe if cane was hard to get, but since the only players without easy access to cane are the absolute new players it will only serve as an annoyance.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
By making paper a reagent, it would add value to the paper and sugarcane. So Caster spec dies at graveyard, no reagents are granted to him yet healers just walk out naked ready to use most every skill they have. I think adding reagents to healer skills like bandage would add to the overall game experience and to the economy.
If you supply me with paper every 2nd second, I could perhaps see this as a possibility. On another heroes server I played on, that got shut down, it required paper. It sucked being a newbie and having nothing of the required reagents while all the other classes didn't need any.

Making bandage require paper would not really increase the value of sugarcane because anyone in a town can get 100 sugarcane in one minute.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Honestly I made this suggestion not to nerf healers but to make it require a little more effort/skill to play one. Its ok if you disagree cause bandaging wounds with air makes lots of sense.

RaepSoda

Iron
Honestly I made this suggestion not to nerf healers but to make it require a little more effort/skill to play one.

Except requiring paper for bandage doesn't make playing as a healer class more skillful. Though it does require a little bit more effort, it's really just more of an annoyance than anything.

Its ok if you disagree cause bandaging wounds with air makes lots of sense.

LOL. This arguing point is beyond silly. I'm pretty sure the staff and balance team aren't going for realism.

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
Lol, now seriusly i dont think its a good idea, also how will the noobs that join the server and choose healer get all that paper?

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
So you want to require a reagent for a measly skill that heals 100 on targets and 77 on self for the lowest dps class out there. Where would this actually fit in as far as balancing? And you said that a healer should require a reagent for a skill while a caster spec lets say wizard who has great burst damage still only has a few reagents. Healers are meant to be able to not use alot because they are expected to be targeted in team fights for thier ability to give others survivabilty. With this being said requiring even something trivial as paper would almost kill the use of healer in team fights. Mainly because I believe that if this was passed that soon you would want all heals to have some reagent it just wouldn't make any sense to hurt an already lacking class.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Lol, now seriusly i dont think its a good idea, also how will the noobs that join the server and choose healer get all that paper?

Lets say we have two nubs. they both die. one is a healer, the other a warrior class. both them leave the graveyard and start fighting. What do you think the chances are that the warrior would win a fistfight with healer? I am sure it might be inconvient that the healer would need to find paper but isnt it also a problem finding Iron, wood to make gear?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Lets say we have two nubs. they both die. one is a healer, the other a warrior class. both them leave the graveyard and start fighting. What do you think the chances are that the warrior would win a fistfight with healer? I am sure it might be inconvient that the healer would need to find paper but isnt it also a problem finding Iron, wood to make gear?
If I remember correctly, bandage breaks when you're being hurt. Also, bash/strike deals flat damage without the need for a weapon. If you actually use your skills, the warrior could easily win. If he let the healer flee to heal up, then no. Remember, you get slowed and you can't even jump one block while casting bandage.

Bandage isn't instant cast so during a fight I can't heal every second. Also it has a cool down so when I flee I can heal once, then I try to heal again but by the time I try I already got killed. Also it heals very little so healing in PVP would be pretty much useless. What I'm trying to say is bandage is only really affective after fights, so it's not going to save you when you PVP or PVE, it just helps you regain health after fights or heal a friend of yours.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Bandage required Paper on Zeal, I believe it was taken out either before or early into Dragonguard. I don't really think it will make much of a difference playstyle, this is more of a logic reasons (As far as Logic works in MC that is) for it being re-implimented. I for one don't see an issue with this being put back in.