• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ban Appeal

IGN: FrostyFeces
Banned by: Server? (I was not banned while I was online.)
Time of ban: No time limit was posted
Reason for ban: Griefing
Your story:

I don't understand why I was banned as I haven't "griefed" anything that I can recall. Every building I broke into I've replaced blocks before leaving. I expected to be warned after my first infraction of any kind, as stated on the wiki:

Warnings will be given for any infringement as follows.
  • First warning: Player receives a warning.
  • Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension.
  • Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension.
  • Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension.
  • Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban.
Yet, I received no warning, and instead tried logging in a few moments ago, only to see a notice that I was banned. If I griefed someone's structure, I'd like to know when and where.

My brother and his wife also play with me in the same household on the same router, and would like to make sure it wasn't one of them. Although we do not account share, we do all show up as the same outgoing IP.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm fairly certain this was a mistake.

Thank you,
FrostyFeces

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Your story:

I don't understand why I was banned as I haven't "griefed" anything that I can recall. Every building I broke into I've replaced blocks before leaving. I expected to be warned after my first infraction of any kind, as stated on the wiki:

Yet, I received no warning, and instead tried logging in a few moments ago, only to see a notice that I was banned. If I griefed someone's structure, I'd like to know when and where.

My brother and his wife also play with me in the same household on the same router, and would like to make sure it wasn't one of them. Although we do not account share, we do all show up as the same outgoing IP.

Thank you,
FrostyFeces
@xexorian

And also since you like to quote stuff on the rules, If you look at the top of that page it says in bold "Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online Services at any time"

I did indeed see that on the rules, but I had still expected that you at least explain the situation to me via a message on the forum or in-game before or right after my ban. I have received no such thing and am still confused as to what I've griefed, where, and when. And, I don't mean any disrespect, but why would you reply to my post telling me that you had the right to ban and kick me, which I did understand, and not give me the details of my offense. Isn't that not the reason we have these forums? I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I am a little annoyed at your post.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I did indeed see that on the rules, but I had still expected that you at least explain the situation to me via a message on the forum or in-game before or right after my ban. I have received no such thing and am still confused as to what I've griefed, where, and when. And, I don't mean any disrespect, but why would you reply to my post telling me that you had the right to ban and kick me, which I did understand, and not give me the details of my offense. Isn't that not the reason we have these forums? I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I am a little annoyed at your post.
Well the fact of the matter is you most likely did grief. We ban new players if they do not have a forum account. But it looks like you do. He probably looked up your actual IGN and found nothing. But @xexorian was the one to ban you. Not me. He will explain

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Your story:

Thank you,
FrostyFeces
Lately we've changed our banning policies to incorporate permanent bans on anyone not using our forums to whom we cannot issue infraction notices. This encourages users who break the rules mindlessly to review our website and our rules and server policies.

Your account could not be found because it did not match your IGN.

Please take some time to review the rules, as well as read over the guide if you are needing help.

Your ban will expire shortly, be warned this counts as your first infraction notice. Check the rules for how further moderation might affect you. Thank you and I hope to see you around on the server! :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, you left pillaring behind at a town and did not take it down.. It was andesite IIRC.