• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balancing Ninja In 2 Steps

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Also: Ninjas have 1 damage ability - Eviscerate -

Kick, Envenom, Blitz, and Blackjack are all abilities that deal damage. I'm not sure why you went on to say 3 times that Eviscerate is a Ninja's only damage dealing spell. That is absurd, you're not a Cleric.

STDs you need to realize you chose a class with insanely low base equipment weight and are getting ripped by physical damage because of it.

Not that it is completely relevant, but before attributes were introduced, 7 out of 16 classes were wearing 'full leather' while 2 were wearing full leather aside from a chain helmet. That makes 9 out of 16 classes being 'squishy'. Aside from the fact that Delf really shit the bed when deciding exactly how many points into Endurance would be needed to significantly improve your 'Bastion' armor, you can surely understand that the majority of classes in Herocraft are in fact 'squishy' in terms of armor. If you're insinuating that Ninjas SHOULD be able to take away 80%-100% of a squishy's health during the duration of a blackjack, then I'm afraid we'll just never agree on some things.

Frozen_Panda

Stone
envenom, blitz, and eviscerate - none of these are reduced in damage by armor. I know alot of people seem to hate blitz, but at just 10 int score it does 170 dmg with relatively low stam cost. And against a target with high armor it is almost always worth using over just left clicking non-backstab.
It has a 6 block range with a cast time. Envenom isn't worth the stamina unless all your other spells are on cooldown.

Frozen_Panda

Stone
Kick, Envenom, Blitz, and Blackjack are all abilities that deal damage. I'm not sure why you went on to say 3 times that Eviscerate is a Ninja's only damage dealing spell. That is absurd, you're not a Cleric.

Not that it is completely relevant, but before attributes were introduced, 7 out of 16 classes were wearing 'full leather' while 2 were wearing full leather aside from a chain helmet. That makes 9 out of 16 classes being 'squishy'. Aside from the fact that Delf really shit the bed when deciding exactly how many points into Endurance would be needed to significantly improve your 'Bastion' armor, you can surely understand that the majority of classes in Herocraft are in fact 'squishy' in terms of armor. If you're insinuating that Ninjas SHOULD be able to take away 80%-100% of a squishy's health during the duration of a blackjack, then I'm afraid we'll just never agree on some things.
Kick does basically the damage of a basic attack, envenom isn't worth the stamina cost and does 8 dmg per hit, and blitz has a cast time with a 6 block range, making it very unrealistic to use. Also, I never said that ninjas are supposed to do 80% of someones health in a blackjack.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Kick does basically the damage of a basic attack, envenom isn't worth the stamina cost and does 8 dmg per hit, and blitz has a cast time with a 6 block range, making it very unrealistic to use. Also, I never said that ninjas are supposed to do 80% of someones health in a blackjack.

Damage is damage. Disciple's Forcepull does a putrid 20-something HP damage, but its a damage skill nonetheless. Envenom is fucking amazing. It gives your sword an extra 8HP of true damage per left click for 14 seconds. It scales off of intellect as well.

Finally, surely you can't be saying Blitz isn't a good skill. It does 150HP of damage (scales off intellect) on a 20 second cooldown with ONLY a 1 second warmup. You can use this skill in most scenarios. It goes through armor as well... 150HP through armor... How the fuck isn't that considered a 'damage skill'. You want harmtouch?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I can't believe people still think that ninja is "Balanced." The question isn't if we should nerf ninja or not. The question is, how hard is Big-Al going to clobber it with his Nerf Bat™

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I can't believe people still think that ninja is "Balanced." The question isn't if we should nerf ninja or not. The question is, how hard is Big-Al going to clobber it with his Nerf Bat™
No, the real question is when/if ever. It's been 2 months of this Ninja rape scene and no changes. Someone needs to rise up and be Delf-like to get shit done.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
No, the real question is when/if ever. It's been 2 months of this Ninja rape scene and no changes. Someone needs to rise up and be Delf-like to get shit done.
The problem is that there isn't a defined patch schedule. Kainzo just makes adjustments whenever he wishes. Delf can make a change and have it up on test in an hour, but it doesn't get to live til who knows when. I'd be nice if there was bi-monthly (Twice a Month) balance patches.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is that there isn't a defined patch schedule. Kainzo just makes adjustments whenever he wishes. Delf can make a change and have it up on test in an hour, but it doesn't get to live til who knows when. I'd be nice if there was bi-monthly (Twice a Month) balance patches.

As you know there was a patch 2 days ago, but it didn't involve any balancing issues. Coincidently, there have been a few changes on test that I guess are 'ready to go' but nothing changed. The only notable changes being a Ninja HP nerf, an energise warm-up, and a warm-up/wisdom-dependant replenish.

It's a start

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
As you know there was a patch 2 days ago, but it didn't involve any balancing issues. Coincidently, there have been a few changes on test that I guess are 'ready to go' but nothing changed. The only notable changes being a Ninja HP nerf, an energise warm-up, and a warm-up/wisdom-dependant replenish.

It's a start
That's the point! There are changes ready, (I would know, I suggested them!) but they aren't implemented. Unless Kainzo is waiting for a big 'ol "Balance Patch," (Doubt it since he hasn't made any mention of one) why aren't these changes in?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

It's a start
A warmup on energize is actually pretty substantial. The majority of their burst requires an excessive amount of stamina, which can only be obtained via energize. Having to stop attacking for 1 second in the middle of a combo is going to severely inhibit their ability to "one shot" targets.

jst syn.

envenom, blitz, and eviscerate - none of these are reduced in damage by armor. I know alot of people seem to hate blitz, but at just 10 int score it does 170 dmg with relatively low stam cost. And against a target with high armor it is almost always worth using over just left clicking non-backstab.
why would u put 10 into int... you can put into str or agil and get more from the points

i hope u realize that kick and blackjack do less damage than a upfront melee hit...
why would u waste time on using envenom in the midst of the fight, wasting valuable "burst" time by scrolling
blitz is poop. warm up. low range. not worth the time, only usable in water where they cant get out of range or come rape you up close. just leftclicking totals more damage than the time blitz takes.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
i hope u realize that kick and blackjack do less damage than a upfront melee hit...
why would u waste time on using envenom in the midst of the fight, wasting valuable "burst" time by scrolling
blitz is poop. warm up. low range. not worth the time, only usable in water where they cant get out of range or come rape you up close. just leftclicking totals more damage than the time blitz takes.
No disrespect, but everything you have since wrote on every forum post has been stupidity. You're either a huge troll or just an idiot. I'm hoping for your sake its the former.

Envenom does extra TRUE damage per left click. You can Envenom WHILE you backstab, or eviscerate, or even front to front left click.

Blitz is great, so stop talking.

Kick and Blackjack's primary purpose is to silence and stun. Their secondary purpose is to deal damage. I don't care if Kick dealt 1 HP of damage, its a damage spell. Period. Don't argue something that isn't worth arguing about.

No disrespect, but everything you have since wrote on every forum post has been stupidity. You're either a huge troll or just an idiot. I'm hoping for your sake its the former.

Envenom does extra TRUE damage per left click. You can Envenom WHILE you backstab, or eviscerate, or even front to front left click.

Blitz is great, so stop talking.

Kick and Blackjack's primary purpose is to silence and stun. Their secondary purpose is to deal damage. I don't care if Kick dealt 1 HP of damage, its a damage spell. Period. Don't argue something that isn't worth arguing about.
hm... don't argue something that isn't worth arguing about? Then why are you arguing it. Hypocrite.
I think I have contributes mostly good ideas... Its just you don't like them.

hm... don't argue something that isn't worth arguing about? Then why are you arguing it. Hypocrite.
I think I have contributes mostly good ideas... Its just you don't like them.
Edit: I think they should require a logical statement on why they disagree before being able to give out a bad rating thing.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I've MADE posts on how to fix ninja. Delf has AGREED on changes to fix ninja. Now we just need Kainzo to implement them :(

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
Edit: I think they should require a logical statement on why they disagree before being able to give out a bad rating thing.

I agree most of your posts are well thought out and supported by the large amount of pvp experience you have.