• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Team

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Good idea. New balance team needs protocol for guiding new members into their positions, along with a sterile and easy to use test environment.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Good idea. New balance team needs protocol for guiding new members into their positions, along with a sterile and easy to use test environment.
I 100% agree.

I think Alator making an easy to switch class area at the test spawn is a step in the right direction.

To be honest, I hate having all the cooldowns we have on our skills. I'd rather just let the mana / stam requires work themselves out while we increase the global cooldown to 1 or even 2 seconds.

So you can "spam" your abilities within 1-2 seconds of each other instead of waiting for the massive re-use times.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I 100% agree.

I think Alator making an easy to switch class area at the test spawn is a step in the right direction.

To be honest, I hate having all the cooldowns we have on our skills. I'd rather just let the mana / stam requires work themselves out while we increase the global cooldown to 1 or even 2 seconds.

So you can "spam" your abilities within 1-2 seconds of each other instead of waiting for the massive re-use times.

Eh.....cleric...spam group invuln, group wins?! The burst from each class with this change wouldn't make the fights epic. The CD's are what separates good players from bad, its all about timing your cool down's and spells correctly to maximize your output as a player in the current state....which makes the pvp more fun. Cooldown's keep powerful spells in check for balance, and are necessary, so please keep them in.

MrFly007

Portal
Eh.....cleric...spam group invuln, group wins?! The burst from each class with this change wouldn't make the fights epic. The CD's are what separates good players from bad, its all about timing your cool down's and spells correctly to maximize your output as a player in the current state....which makes the pvp more fun. Cooldown's keep powerful spells in check for balance, and are necessary, so please keep them in.
He's talking about for testing, not in the main server. I think...

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Although having massive mana AND stamina costs might lower the spamming.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
well - I was more thinkin along the lines that we have 1-2 skills with semi high cooldowns (things like Layhands, etc)

The bulk of the skill needs to come in from countering, reserving mana/stam and planning.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
well - I was more thinkin along the lines that we have 1-2 skills with semi high cooldowns (things like Layhands, etc)

The bulk of the skill needs to come in from countering, reserving mana/stam and planning.

So your aiming for a faster pace for pvp when it's already pretty fast? Well not like my input will make a difference, just hope the pvp won't be a burst-fest, love long epic fights. Good luck in any direction you choose though.

MrFly007

Portal

That just sparked a idea in me, what if we had like a counter skill? Had a small percent chance to counter a spell or whatever. Idk kinda off topic but yeah. Also what you said about mana/stamina do you mean that there would be a CD for the time in between used skills? So I use bash, then I would have to wait a minimum time before using the next skill instead of CD on the skill itself?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I need to finish making a new test shack still. It's only partially completed, heh. I'll try to get it done today.

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
I 100% agree.

Good idea.
Do all spells have a chance to fizzle? If not, it could be a balance to removing cooldowns.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
RNG of spells/skills not working doesn't sound like a good alternative to me. It should be something more solid, like adjusting skill costs or effects.

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
You guys have a good ideas.

Keep cool downs on some skills, not all, and make them a 1-5 sec. cool down depending on the skill and also increase the mana/stamina use depending on the skill. For instance I know Layhands takes around 800+ secs. to cool down, change it to a 5 sec. cool down and put it's cost at 82 mana instead of 18. This would give players the ability to choose when to use that big skill or save it for later. If they do decide to use it, they still have a little mana left to dish some skills out.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
You guys have a good ideas.

Keep cool downs on some skills, not all, and make them a 1-5 sec. cool down depending on the skill and also increase the mana/stamina use depending on the skill. For instance I know Layhands takes around 800+ secs. to cool down, change it to a 5 sec. cool down and put it's cost at 82 mana instead of 18. This would give players the ability to choose when to use that big skill or save it for later. If they do decide to use it, they still have a little mana left to dish some skills out.

What if the paladin has a bard and begiggler in the group? That mana regen and short CD...it'll be a Layhands fest. This goes for any class if the direction is taken this way.

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
I've seen this sort of thing before in some games. The Mana song would need countered by another class' skill. :)

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I've seen this sort of thing before in some games. The Mana song would need countered by another class' skill. :)

Well I think the game is already fast pace and the classes are nearly balanced. The current meta with cool downs would be the easiest to balance. I hope there will be a voting system on this new change, for as a pvper...and especially a healer...I worry about the capable burst classes will have if they can spam the most powerful spells. I like the skill involved with cooldowns....if you blow it too early yourself and your group could die, it's all about timing. Also if you make the mana costs high on spells to rid of cd's, casters will take the hardest hit of anyone....the current mana costs are already high as it is. Overall like I stated with all these issue it would be very difficult to balance, the current cool down option is doing well....and its easier to balance, why stray from it? Any who, guess I'm done here....great inputs though.

Piggify>PB>PB>PB>PB blow them all up, gg. Pick your best skill, forget the rest...spam 1 skill!

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
To be honest I like the way pvp is now, with cool downs on most skills, some relatively short and some long.

If cooldowns were reduced/gotten rid of, this would especially hurt classes with DoTs such as necro and bloodmage in a 1v1 assuming their skills don't stack.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It was a thought, not an implementation ;) is why we have play tests though. People do fear change and that's natural.