• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance report (Current HC) + Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I must have misunderstood this from your post on page 2 of this thread, can you clarify?
This would also take code change on how it functions... I believe the only thing needed here it to make it less appealing to jump away or stop it from happening so much.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Mounts: Is it time to let people ride Horses? With the combat restrictions, horses dismount you when you enter combat, and each horse would be equally available to each combat class (with the exception of Dreadknight and Paladin, who have Mount skills in addition to vanilla riding). They function like boats and minecarts and seem to be an addition that would increase the ease of travel. Any balance concerns about adding mounts?

I expect if we hold off on mounts still, it is because Kainzo has a different timeline for them.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This change would slightly change the function of the skill. You'd be able to use it in combat and out of combat but it would work different depending on which. @0xNaomi did say this was possible but seeing as how it involves new code it wont be added at this time I guess.
Looked more carefully, changing function based on combat state works, but CD can't really be done.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Mounts: Is it time to let people ride Horses? With the combat restrictions, horses dismount you when you enter combat, and each horse would be equally available to each combat class (with the exception of Dreadknight and Paladin, who have Mount skills in addition to vanilla riding). They function like boats and minecarts and seem to be an addition that would increase the ease of travel. Any balance concerns about adding mounts?

I expect if we hold off on mounts still, it is because Kainzo has a different timeline for them.
The issue is i dont want to add a mount-skill for each class.. I'd rather add in a riding skill (or just grant it to all)

We want to mimic things like EverQuest / WoW in regards to Mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.