• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Concerns

Moralsk

Gold
Cringe that I bring it up, but it frustrates me that Berserker has 2 basically dysfunctional skills and one that is completely broken.

Bladegrasp - Completely broken
Lunge - useless, why is the targeting dist shorter than the jump dist?
Rupture - Anyone who's actually tested it knows it doesn't do jack shit, someone can sprint around while ruptured and the'll take 1 - 2 hearts of damage

Last edited:

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Right now, the goon is weak as hell. Its mobility helps little in combat other then to run away. So as a melee class it is weak as hell.

Its lunar lance only drains 180 mana, which is barely a scratch considering a wizard can burst the goon to death 2 times over before he can use a third lunar lance.

All it is good at is running away, chasing down people who were raped already, or pissing people off. It is rare that its jump proves helpful it combat, other then running away.

I've played this class since September and often feel underpowered compared to every other class. To gimp it anymore would render it useless.

EDIT: I think it is fine as it is, perhaps raise its mana drain to 250. Its a class of opportunity. To stalk and pounce on weaker enemies, to reduce it further would be a mistake.

Kimsgrim you must be joking Dragoon is probably the best warrior class out there. I don't understand why you whine about it being weak and unable to kill. Honestly if you are a dragoon you have the best chance to kill a wizard then any other warrior. (It's harder to kite a class that is faster and has more mobility.) Just because its difficult to kill a class that counters it doesn't mean it's weak. Also lunar lance shouldn't be buffed because a wizard counters warrior, you shouldn't be able to drain all of a caster's mana then kill it with ease. Also goon isn't weak in melee at all. It does the most melee damage of any warrior and has skills like spear and impale that do 80+ damage with a decent amount of strength. Then it has piercing strike that ignores armor and does 50% weapon damage, this skill is also the most spamable skill I have ever seen. This is just a few of its good skills. A dragoon is also tanky.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I think the Fire Ticks on ExplosiveShot are fine, they add in a RP element, and the knockback the skill provides means that you can use the time the target is alight defensively.

You never played Ranger with FireArrow. You have no idea how long it took to change that skill. ExplosiveShot should be receiving adjustments, but I doubt it will have its Damage nerfed to the point that the Fire Tick removal would be justified.
Yes, I did play ranger with firearrow. The only practical use for firearrow was to set off TNT. It was cool on the face of it, but it isn't practical.

Like I said in my first post, it is more a complaint than a balance concern.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Unless you play shaman, you man not notice it, but there are times where firestrike totem doesn't hurt you. This is due to the fact that the fire damage makes it so that the fireball won't deal damage.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Another bug/balance thingy: Rangers are able to shoot arrows while aimedshot warms-up.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Right now, the goon is weak as hell. Its mobility helps little in combat other then to run away. So as a melee class it is weak as hell.

Its lunar lance only drains 180 mana, which is barely a scratch considering a wizard can burst the goon to death 2 times over before he can use a third lunar lance.

All it is good at is running away, chasing down people who were raped already, or pissing people off. It is rare that its jump proves helpful it combat, other then running away.

I've played this class since September and often feel underpowered compared to every other class. To gimp it anymore would render it useless.

EDIT: I think it is fine as it is, perhaps raise its mana drain to 250. Its a class of opportunity. To stalk and pounce on weaker enemies, to reduce it further would be a mistake.
I'm sorry but if you genuinely think this and have played the class since september, you are playing it wrong. Wizard and Goon are easily the strongest classes on the server right now and both need to be balanced in some way.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Kimsgrim you must be joking Dragoon is probably the best warrior class out there. I don't understand why you whine about it being weak and unable to kill. Honestly if you are a dragoon you have the best chance to kill a wizard then any other warrior. (It's harder to kite a class that is faster and has more mobility.) Just because its difficult to kill a class that counters it doesn't mean it's weak. Also lunar lance shouldn't be buffed because a wizard counters warrior, you shouldn't be able to drain all of a caster's mana then kill it with ease. Also goon isn't weak in melee at all. It does the most melee damage of any warrior and has skills like spear and impale that do 80+ damage with a decent amount of strength. Then it has piercing strike that ignores armor and does 50% weapon damage, this skill is also the most spamable skill I have ever seen. This is just a few of its good skills. A dragoon is also tanky.
paladins pretty sick too! I honestly love berserker and dk on test so idk what people are saying bout them being bad but ya know world pvp vs test pvp is a lot different
Btw disciple buff? :p
Druid Nerf?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kimsgrim you must either not know what you are doing or just let someone hit you because the class is not underpowered at all, if you ask me it is actually quite overpowered.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Disciple:

I think disciple really needs to have some attention put in it. 15 armour weight and then adding 20 to endurance gets it up to about 30. This is just shocking tbh. Also I think chakra really needs a buff, not really another heal. With 30 wisdom chakra restores 80hp. Renewal with 30 wisdom does 200 which is great but the cool down is annoying as hell. And usually doing force push and then renewal they hit you in the time to where you have to recast it.

Disciple has about 7 damage skills all of which have about a base damage around 40 beside quivering palm. I think they just need to scrap a new and give it 3-4 damage skills and increase the damage on them.

Thanks

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Cringe that I bring it up, but it frustrates me that Berserker has 2 basically dysfunctional skills and one that is completely broken.

Rupture - Anyone who's actually tested it knows it doesn't do jack shit, someone can sprint around while ruptured and the'll take 1 - 2 hearts of damage
Berserker would be fine if bladegrasp got fixed, I have no idea why someone changed it.

Disciple:

I think disciple really needs to have some attention put in it. 15 armour weight and then adding 20 to endurance gets it up to about 30. This is just shocking tbh. Also I think chakra really needs a buff, not really another heal. With 30 wisdom chakra restores 80hp. Renewal with 30 wisdom does 200 which is great but the cool down is annoying as hell. And usually doing force push and then renewal they hit you in the time to where you have to recast it.

Disciple has about 7 damage skills all of which have about a base damage around 40 beside quivering palm. I think they just need to scrap a new and give it 3-4 damage skills and increase the damage on them.

Thanks

I feel that armor weight should be the only thing buffed, other than that maybe give chakra a bit of a buff (Heal wise), but disciple does a lot of damage and can stick on any target it chooses so that doesn't need to be touched.

@Kimsgrim The mana drain is amazing for a class that has that much mobility. I don't think it needs to be touched.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Disciple:

Thanks
tbh the fact that ranger does more melee damage has more armor and has more hp then disciple is just sickening....... chakra isn't the best but tbh I think scraping fist of jin and re-adding mend might help disciple a lot

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
it seems everyone is thinking of disciple from a 1v1 point of view... there's a reason it's classified under the SUPPORT branch. chakra is an instant, group heal that removes debuffs which is amazing, it also can keep melee classes off your ranged dps such as wizards with forcepush/pull. it's melee damage with blaze rods and fish isn't too bad, doing more than DK or berserker's base damage. fistofjin isnt actually that bad, it's a very helpful passive heal, which rewards you for staying in combat. as said previously, disciple's damage is fair considering its not a dps class. support does not always mean healing, however healing is helpful which it can do.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

These issues have been resolved in patch 5.3. Bladegrasp now lasts base of 5 seconds. Lunge has a range increase of 2 blocks and Rupture is now doing 20 dmg per 2 blocks moved (base)