• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

August Notes - 6.02

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
- Township creation changed from 350 to 300 for distance-between checks.

- Players no longer need to carry a chest to drop items into a chest.
- Tombstones are destroyed after the time out time has been met.

does this mean if you don't make it in time he items just drop???

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Will need to test this... either the items pop or get destroyed
Need to make sure the lock time is realistic for a player to get back to their chest.

PvE has a lengthy timer, but does PvP allow enough time for a player to travel maybe 750 blocks over all sorts of terrain at night with mobs in their way?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Need to make sure the lock time is realistic for a player to get back to their chest.

PvE has a lengthy timer, but does PvP allow enough time for a player to travel maybe 750 blocks over all sorts of terrain at night with mobs in their way?

removeTime: 2400 <<< this is the remove time on the chest - it is global on all servers. Lock time is higher on PVE (2400) than PVP (400)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
removeTime: 2400 <<< this is the remove time on the chest - it is global on all servers. Lock time is higher on PVE (2400) than PVP (400)
Thanks, I didn't understand this before.

So is 6.5 minutes enough time to make the lock worthwhile, ie players have a reasonable chance of getting back to their chest from various graveyards before the chest unlocks?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks, I didn't understand this before.

So is 6.5 minutes enough time to make the lock worthwhile, ie players have a reasonable chance of getting back to their chest from various graveyards before the chest unlocks?
Generally speaking thats up to the PVPers. Its enough time to have a shot at whats in the chest, imo.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Will people who can automatically drop a double, or will they need to carry a single chest to add with the given one?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
6.5 minutes is often not enough when you die somewhere underground and need to get to your chest.

I don't understand why chests have to disappear at all, even more annoying would be the items getting destroyed.

Nightgf

Legacy Supporter 1

YAY! no more bringing a chest around.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
6.5 minutes is often not enough when you die somewhere underground and need to get to your chest.

I don't understand why chests have to disappear at all, even more annoying would be the items getting destroyed.
2400 seconds = 40 minutes to chest to decay. If you can't get it then, when would you? heh

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Checking my understanding here:

Will need to test this... either the items pop or get destroyed
  1. Has this been determined? When the chest despawns, do the items pop or disappear with the chest?
  2. When you collect your items, is the chest collectible too?
  3. So double death chests can be removed as a T4+ donor perk?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
- Added /bookrules get 1 (or /bookrules get WelcomeBook) - to get the welcome book.

This could perhaps do with a little more work.

-----

Firstly, it's easy to get confused between the /book command and this /bookrules command. Well, I did. :rolleyes:

For the record, /book get 1 and /book get welcomebook both granted me my Book of Heroes.

Could all book summoning commands use the same format, please? The simple /book would be preferable.

-----

Secondly, /bookrules get welcomebook doesn't work, although WelcomeBook does. This case sensitivity will cause endless woes! Please make the commands case independent.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This could perhaps do with a little more work.

-----

Firstly, it's easy to get confused between the /book command and this /bookrules command. Well, I did. :rolleyes:

For the record, /book get 1 and /book get welcomebook both granted me my Book of Heroes.

Could all book summoning commands use the same format, please? The simple /book would be preferable.

-----

Secondly, /bookrules get welcomebook doesn't work, although WelcomeBook does. This case sensitivity will cause endless woes! Please make the commands case independent.
known issues - it wont be /book, it'll be /bookrules -- I've asked the dev to make it case insensitive but not sure when that will be.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- /roll - added for those who wish to battle players to see who can get the highest number, range = 25 from player. (Central only)