• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Astralist

ye?

• ye

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • na

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I have not modified this in the slightest from its original documentation. This was not originally a suggestion but instead a class I planned on coding for another server. There is no balance involved and the only numbers listed are relative (percentages), ranges/radii, and durations/periods.

Astralist
A disciple of the deep magic of the ancient universe.

Weapon: Staff?

Level 1: Celestial
Passive, toggled. You may channel the glacial void of space or the volatile flame of the stars. Affects certain skills.

Level 1: Starshine
Void: Cold light beams down upon enemies within 8 blocks of you, chilling them. Affected targets are slowed for 5 seconds and have their weapon damage reduced by 40%.
Flame: Your party (within 10 blocks) is bathed in warm starlight, cleansing them of negative effects.

Level 5: Meteor
Calls down a meteor from the atmosphere. Upon impact with the environment or an entity, the meteor explodes, dealing x damage to targets within 2 blocks of the impact site. The force of the blast dazes players (nausea effect).

Level 10: Solunis
Void: You channel lunar energy into an aura. This aura lasts 5 seconds, pulsing each second, and drains x mana from enemies within 10 blocks, giving all mana stolen to your party.
Flame: You channel the heat of the sun into an aura. This aura lasts 10 seconds, pulsing each second, and deals x damage to enemies within 6 blocks while healing party members within its radius for x health.

Level 15: PlanetaryBarrier
You utilise mana from nearby planets to create an absorption shield around your party. The shield lasts until it has absorbed damage equal to 20% of your max health or until 15 seconds have elapsed.

Level 20: Starfire
Combining the heat and cold of the universe, you call down bolts of starfire upon a target location within 20 blocks. Up to 50 bolts rain down within a 6 block radius, each one dealing x damage to enemies within 1 block of the impact site and restoring x health and x mana to any party members within 0.5 blocks of the bolt.

Level 25: Eclipsus
Void: Lunar eclipse. You drown the last rays of moonlight and plunge enemies within 10 blocks into a cold darkness, inflicting a blind and slow effect on them for 7 seconds.
Flame: Solar eclipse. A ring of flame 5 blocks around you rains down from the heavens, dealing x damage to and blasting back enemies that try to run through it. Enemies within the ring are plunged into darkness.

Level 30: Singularity

Using the four fundamental forces of the universe, you create a singularity field that roots enemies within 5 blocks of you for 3 seconds or until damaged.

Level 50: Cataclysm
Void: You rupture the very fabric of space, causing it to collapse in on itself and form a black hole that lasts 5 seconds. The black hole will pull in enemies within 10 blocks and deal continuous damage to them, totaling x damage per second. At the end of its duration, the black hole will collapse inwardly, crushing any of its victims, dealing x damage and stunning them.
Flame: You cause a localised supernova with a radius of 10 blocks, unleashing a series of 6 explosions, one each second.. On the initial blast, enemies hit are dealt x damage and stunned for x seconds. Each subsequent explosion has a reduced radius from the previous, down to a minimum of 4 blocks, and deals x damage without the stun effect.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
Seems pretty cool. I think it could be even better if the skills were toggled from void to stars depending on the time of day.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
I would absolutely love to see this added to Herocraft. But, I do agree with Skaahr, it would be pretty cool if the void / flame was toggle depending on the time of day. Having this as a part of the class would require immense strategy for both PvE and PvP, and would make the class very fun to use. Also, I'm down with having a staff as it's main weapon, buy maybe depending on whether void or stars are being channeled the favored weapons could be nether star and blaze rod for flame, and ice or something for void? Just an idea.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Seems pretty cool. I think it could be even better if the skills were toggled from void to stars depending on the time of day.

This was the original plan, but I changed it at some point.

I would absolutely love to see this added to Herocraft. But, I do agree with Skaahr, it would be pretty cool if the void / flame was toggle depending on the time of day. Having this as a part of the class would require immense strategy for both PvE and PvP, and would make the class very fun to use. Also, I'm down with having a staff as it's main weapon, buy maybe depending on whether void or stars are being channeled the favored weapons could be nether star and blaze rod for flame, and ice or something for void? Just an idea.

Weapon changes could probably be coded into the passive skill so that they will deal extra damage depending on your current state.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
This was the original plan, but I changed it at some point.

Weapon changes could probably be coded into the passive skill so that they will deal extra damage depending on your current state.
Still think it would be cooler to have it based on time of day =P

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
It could go either way; putting skills out of your control is a neat idea.
Agreed. And the good thing is, you would get a variety of skills without needing to bind more than one. Variety meaning the skills have different effecfts.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Agreed. And the good thing is, you would get a variety of skills without needing to bind more than one. Variety meaning the skills have different effecfts.

Yeah, that's mostly what I wanted out of the class.

If it was time of day-based, the passive could notify you of the change in skills as well.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Hmm this is actually a cool class I could see myself playing it.

I got a question though, if implemented, how often could you toggle the passive, in combat?

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I have not modified this in the slightest from its original documentation. This was not originally a suggestion but instead a class I planned on coding for another server. There is no balance involved and the only numbers listed are relative (percentages), ranges/radii, and durations/periods.

Astralist
A disciple of the deep magic of the ancient universe.

Weapon: Staff?

Level 1: Celestial
Passive, toggled. You may channel the glacial void of space or the volatile flame of the stars. Affects certain skills.

Level 1: Starshine
Void: Cold light beams down upon enemies within 8 blocks of you, chilling them. Affected targets are slowed for 5 seconds and have their weapon damage reduced by 40%.
Flame: Your party (within 10 blocks) is bathed in warm starlight, cleansing them of negative effects.

Level 5: Meteor
Calls down a meteor from the atmosphere. Upon impact with the environment or an entity, the meteor explodes, dealing x damage to targets within 2 blocks of the impact site. The force of the blast dazes players (nausea effect).

Level 10: Solunis
Void: You channel lunar energy into an aura. This aura lasts 5 seconds, pulsing each second, and drains x mana from enemies within 10 blocks, giving all mana stolen to your party.
Flame: You channel the heat of the sun into an aura. This aura lasts 10 seconds, pulsing each second, and deals x damage to enemies within 6 blocks while healing party members within its radius for x health.

Level 15: PlanetaryBarrier
You utilise mana from nearby planets to create an absorption shield around your party. The shield lasts until it has absorbed damage equal to 20% of your max health or until 15 seconds have elapsed.

Level 20: Starfire
Combining the heat and cold of the universe, you call down bolts of starfire upon a target location within 20 blocks. Up to 50 bolts rain down within a 6 block radius, each one dealing x damage to enemies within 1 block of the impact site and restoring x health and x mana to any party members within 0.5 blocks of the bolt.

Level 25: Eclipsus
Void: Lunar eclipse. You drown the last rays of moonlight and plunge enemies within 10 blocks into a cold darkness, inflicting a blind and slow effect on them for 7 seconds.
Flame: Solar eclipse. A ring of flame 5 blocks around you rains down from the heavens, dealing x damage to and blasting back enemies that try to run through it. Enemies within the ring are plunged into darkness.

Level 30: Singularity

Using the four fundamental forces of the universe, you create a singularity field that roots enemies within 5 blocks of you for 3 seconds or until damaged.

Level 50: Cataclysm
Void: You rupture the very fabric of space, causing it to collapse in on itself and form a black hole that lasts 5 seconds. The black hole will pull in enemies within 10 blocks and deal continuous damage to them, totaling x damage per second. At the end of its duration, the black hole will collapse inwardly, crushing any of its victims, dealing x damage and stunning them.
Flame: You cause a localised supernova with a radius of 10 blocks, unleashing a series of 6 explosions, one each second.. On the initial blast, enemies hit are dealt x damage and stunned for x seconds. Each subsequent explosion has a reduced radius from the previous, down to a minimum of 4 blocks, and deals x damage without the stun effect.
Not to knock this wonderful idea, but I doubt any new classes are going to become part of the gameplay for a while...and I further doubt that it's going to be a player suggested class (even as amazing as this one is.)

I love the idea though, it might need some balance. Or a lot.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Hmm this is actually a cool class I could see myself playing it.

I got a question though, if implemented, how often could you toggle the passive, in combat?

Would probably need a cooldown. 10s maybe.

Not to knock this wonderful idea, but I doubt any new classes are going to become part of the gameplay for a while...and I further doubt that it's going to be a player suggested class (even as amazing as this one is.)

I love the idea though, it might need some balance. Or a lot.

Oh, trust me, I submitted this with absolutely no hope of implementation :p

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Would probably need a cooldown. 10s maybe.

Oh, trust me, I submitted this with absolutely no hope of implementation :p
The thing is if you made it, it could easily be implemented. One of the big reasons for the lack of new stuff is that the Dev's just don't care unless they are into the idea. Remember, the only way any new class comes in is if someone codes it.

Although you may want to change some things up so it matches how all classes will hopefully be in the future (<7 skills, a utility, passive, I don't know the very specifics)

Dewyn

Retired Staff
The thing is if you made it, it could easily be implemented. One of the big reasons for the lack of new stuff is that the Dev's just don't care unless they are into the idea. Remember, the only way any new class comes in is if someone codes it

Even if I coded all of my own ideas (each one running about 6-7 active skills and a passive) I doubt any would be implemented, they are simply languishing in google docs.

I do wish more classes would be added, HC has been operating with the same classes for a very long time and while changes have certainly been made to each, some new classes could be refreshing to older players who have mastered these classes over and over.

Current classes are fine for new players, but if we're looking at long-term players, something different might give them a reason to hang around besides building or looking for people to gank :p

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
I like this class a lot! You have put a lot of though into this. Really nice idea hope this class gets added!!

Super593

Glowstone
I like this class

I dont see WHY this wouldn't be accepted. Or atleast CONSIDERED.

I mean really, I get players aren't a part of the development team but shit, nothing is wrong with atleast considering ideas of the playerbase that actually seem not that bad at all. There's a reason this is called the suggestions forum.

Regardless I really hope maybe someone on dev considers this idea, or if it isn't being implemented atleast hey tell us no upfront.

I like this class

I dont see WHY this wouldn't be accepted. Or atleast CONSIDERED.

I mean really, I get players aren't a part of the development team but shit, nothing is wrong with atleast considering ideas of the playerbase that actually seem not that bad at all. There's a reason this is called the suggestions forum.

Regardless I really hope maybe someone on dev considers this idea, or if it isn't being implemented atleast hey tell us no upfront.
Active coders are doing more important things than adding classes. While it would be cool to have extra classes, the main concern is just having the plugins running properly, which is pretty damn time consuming. (But FYI, a class is getting added at some point in the relatively near future (pirate))

As far as the actual class, it's kinda impractical. Basically you are getting 2 classes for the price of one, but the changes between the two of them could be iffy. Unless you're 100% aware of what time it is in the MC day, combat could be rough if the abilities toggle day or night.

Other than that, the skills themselves seem kinda overpowered. The stuns, roots, and mana drains would make too killer of a combo.

As for a class concept itself, it seems interesting, but it seems like a wizard with a small slice of support. If you were to balance the sides into something more unique from a play standpoint, I would be more on board.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Active coders are doing more important things than adding classes. While it would be cool to have extra classes, the main concern is just having the plugins running properly, which is pretty damn time consuming. (But FYI, a class is getting added at some point in the relatively near future (pirate))

As far as the actual class, it's kinda impractical. Basically you are getting 2 classes for the price of one, but the changes between the two of them could be iffy. Unless you're 100% aware of what time it is in the MC day, combat could be rough if the abilities toggle day or night.

Other than that, the skills themselves seem kinda overpowered. The stuns, roots, and mana drains would make too killer of a combo.

As for a class concept itself, it seems interesting, but it seems like a wizard with a small slice of support. If you were to balance the sides into something more unique from a play standpoint, I would be more on board.
What are they working on then?