• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ask Me Anything:gabizou

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Hello people of Herocraft! As some of you know, Reddit has this thing called an AmA or Ask Me Anything. So, the rules are:
1) I will reply to the questions I choose
2) Asking a question that has already been asked will be ignored.
3) Asking a question to find out personal information that could be used to stalk me or harass me will be ignored and/or replied with a question on your sanity
4) I'll leave this thread open for people to ask me questions until I find it unnecessary to keep it open.

Commence!

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

On a Serious note - Whats one thing you like and dislike about being an Admin on HeroCraft? How different is it from when you were a Moderator?

Myaras

Gold
How much time do you spend on HeroCraft-related activities (game, development, forum) per day?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
On a Serious note - Whats one thing you like and dislike about being an Admin on HeroCraft?
One thing I like being an Admin? Definitely the thought that what I'm doing is directing the future of the server. I'm not talking about punishing players and such, I'm talking about helping define the future features that Herocraft's community will see in both the near and foreseeable future. Features such as the Adventure map, HeroLobby, and some others.

One thing I dislike about being an Administrator, well, this isn't exactly about being Admin, but just being upper staff in general. Sometimes, I feel as though some of the members of the community are out to see us [The Staff of Herocraft] do a wrong that is so erroneous that a staff member could loose their position. Other times, some community members just want to play fire with fire, and I don't like that. I don't like the idea that someone is just out there to see if one of us cracks. That is something that I don't like about being a Staff member in general; however, that is something that can't be avoided.

How different is it from when you were a Moderator?
When I was a Moderator, I believed I was still a player, and because of that, I would never be able to help meld the entire future of the server. I wouldn't be able to test, fix, and rewrite things that need fixing, testing and rewriting without having to go through an Admin. I wouldn't be able to have near autonomy when it came to handling a petition involving griefing or title granting or even mayor changes. This is because a Moderator is still a player in most aspects. Are all Moderators the same in this regard? Not quite. Are all Moderators potential to break that barrier of the player and bear full responsibility in all of their actions? I don't know, I'm not the one to ask that question as I'm not the one to handle Staff Promotions (except of course, Architects and possible candidates for Moderator, but that's more of a communal effort between other Administrators). The mentality change from a Moderator constantly requesting approval from an Administrator is something that I feel I have yet to shake off even being an Administrator for almost 4 months? Being a Moderator definitely is different from being an Administrator.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
How much time do you spend on HeroCraft-related activities (game, development, forum) per day?
An average towards 12-16 hours per day, depending. During the academic schedule, I spend less of course, but during the summer without anything to do, there's nothing to do other than program and design. The more I program, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I can apply that knowledge to my career.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Can you put my 2 objective-based games on the test server and turn ICs on? :)
Delfofthebla can get a schematic and paste into Test server. If I remember correctly however, we're moving away from Craftbook IC's at some point in favour of a better system.

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo suggested there may be more than 2 gods but wasnt sure. Did you implement more than 2 gods around spawn?

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
  1. can you tell me to get good?
  2. why wont you love me
  3. favorite food
plz respond gabi u cant hide from me

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Do you wish sometimes you could just go back to being a player and just play HC instead of always being Staff ? Do admins sometimes make dummy accounts to roam the world in search of player fun instead of always being an Admin ?

And now the MOST important question ever... Pie ? or Cake ?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Would you question my sanity if I asked your personal information?
Yes.
What's your favorite COLOR
Blue.
  1. can you tell me to get good?
  2. why wont you love me
  3. favorite food
plz respond gabi u cant hide from me
1. You're bad.
2. You're bad.
3. Steak.
Why is your username gabizou?
It was a name my grandmother called me when I was a child, so it stuck. It's a very unique nick name.
Do you wish sometimes you could just go back to being a player and just play HC instead of always being Staff ?
Nope. Too much drama being a player. I'd rather play with heavily modded clients and create a full adventure rpg with mystcraft and such. I think that would be cool. I like building, but I hate the need to obtain better armor etc. Minecraft reaches late game very easily.
Do admins sometimes make dummy accounts to roam the world in search of player fun instead of always being an Admin ?
Nope. And even if we did, I wouldn't name names.
And now the MOST important question ever... Pie ? or Cake ?
Blueberry Crumble Tart or a good Triple Chocolate Cake.