• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ask Me Anything: Danda

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well since gabizou posted his AMA thread I've had a few people approach me asking if I was going to start one as well. So I figured now wouldn't be a bad time to post one.

So the rules are pretty much the same as Gabi's
  1. I will reply to the questions I choose
  2. Asking a question that has already been asked will be ignored.
  3. Asking a question to find out personal information will be ignored.
  4. I'll leave this thread open for people to ask me questions until I find it unnecessary to keep it open.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Where did Dandacon/Danda come from? ( I can't remember XD)

Back in my first year of secondary school a friend introduced me to a game called Tibia. Being 13 I thought it was a great idea to name DanDaDestroyer, Dan being my first name. So after a few months the friend that introduced me to the game suggested that my name would sound better if I just removed Destroyer from my name leaving Danda. So after that the name has pretty much stuck with me throughout my time gaming.

Dandacion is just a random addition I came up with for my Eve-Online character as Danda was taken already.

Then I'll ask you the same i asked gab;

I always quite liked the idea of Teleportation as it would allow me to visit and explore the world with relative ease. Just to be able to pick up and go to another place with the click of my fingers has just always entrigued me.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Who's the best pvper out of the mods/admins?

Not to toot my own horn or anything but Gabizou, Bearcat & Alator are builders. They almost never went into combat with the exception of Alator who I remember fighting alongside occasionally during Zeal. As for the moderators Angy doesn't really play, Thunderjolt I don't know enough about to judge well and I've never seen Shadow in a fight. So from what I know I would have to say me.

This is based off of the current Mod/Admin team from memory so I may have missed a couple people and if I have I apologise :< my memory is like a sieve with large holes in it

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Not to toot my own horn or anything but Gabizou, Bearcat & Alator are builders. They almost never went into combat with the exception of Alator who I remember fighting alongside occasionally during Zeal. As for the moderators Angy doesn't really play, Thunderjolt I don't know enough about to judge well and I've never seen Shadow in a fight. So from what I know I would have to say me.

This is based off of the current Mod/Admin team from memory so I may have missed a couple people and if I have I apologise :< my memory is like a sieve with large holes in it

Shadow fought well as a ninja back in DG :p

Q: How much do you miss HellRiders

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Shadow fought well as a ninja back in DG :p

Q: How much do you miss HellRiders

I miss the concept but as a whole the project was a complete failure as by the time other people started reaching the nether we only had around 3 active members which was not enough to control the flow of nether materials. We made a nuisance of ourselves and did amass a ridiculous amount of nether materials in the two weeks we had to ourselves there. I miss Weynard and a few of the other members but do I miss the HellRiders as a whole?
not really

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Will horses and Ancient Runestones be souldboun so that on dieing you don't lose them?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We haven't fully decided how Horses will be implemented so I can't say for sure. But as for a soulbound runestone it is something we want added at some point in the future.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Since we aren't going to do a restart of bastion has there been any consideration of leaving towns, and allowing everyone 1 double chest of stuff and then doing a level / item wipe ?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Since we aren't going to do a restart of bastion has there been any consideration of leaving towns, and allowing everyone 1 double chest of stuff and then doing a level / item wipe ?

This isn't something we have discussed as it's the first time I have heard the idea.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Will horses and Ancient Runestones be souldboun so that on dieing you don't lose them?
You guys suck at AMAs!

Q: Outside of Zo and lost soul what's your favorite class?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Ugh, Danda, why are you so near-uncontrollably awesome~ (Like myself)

Ahaha.... no.
Lets see, well what do you do for fun on the interwhebs other then Minecraft. What games, any other communities, or do you blog your feelings, anything?! XD

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Where is your avatar from, what is it and did you find it from the Internet or did someone make it for you?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Do you often have a good time laughing at people (you follow in vanish?) who do stupid things and/or ask overwhelmingly stupid questions (like this one), or in other ways fail to understand the HCO system in a terribly funny way?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Lets see, well what do you do for fun on the interwhebs other then Minecraft. What games, any other communities, or do you blog your feelings, anything?! XD

I just play whatever game takes my fancy at the time. I don't play any specific game frequently at the moment. But mostly I just hang around with Angy, Gabi and my old friends from LeachLan & my old Eve corp.
Whats your cat look like? I've always wondered...

This is Solo

4HQ8M.jpg

Where is your avatar from, what is it and did you find it from the Internet or did someone make it for you?

My avatar on the forums is a high res render of the Guristas pirate corp logo from Eve-Online.
Do you often have a good time laughing at people (you follow in vanish?) who do stupid things and/or ask overwhelmingly stupid questions (like this one), or in other ways fail to understand the HCO system in a terribly funny way?

Not so much watching people more following friends and people I know who're mining and chasing them down with a cave spider pet or spawning ghasts inside walls to make them scream.

The overly stupid questions get old very quickly due to how frequently they appear in tour chat.

Mostly I tend to laugh at Gabi or other staff members silly mistakes and we poke fun at each other a lot when the other derps.

How did it feel to be the first to die in the Zo hunt event? lol

Pretty good cause unlike Gabi I was diving into the middle of the group with an Iron sword instead of flying around spamming Jump.

Last edited: