• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Armor detector IC

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
Hi, I was having a conversation in off-topic chat about player detection ICs not covering enough area. And I thought, player detection ICs can't be countered in any way (even using sneak i think).

This is why I don't want the player detection ICs to have a huge radius like last map, I was thinking of an Armor detector IC which could have a fairly large radius (50 blocks or more). The Armor detector IC only detects these types of armor: Iron, Diamond, Gold and Chainmail. (NOT leather)

The code would just be an extension of the player detection IC checking if the player has these types of armor, if it has armor the IC powers on. (If the API can detect that the player is using armor)

I think this would encourage more stealthier raids with leather armor, since everyone is running around in diamond armor at the moment. I know this wouldn't be good for the more tankier classes but they're not supposed to be stealthy. Rangers, Ninjas and those classes on the other hand is supposed to be the stealthy classes with sneak, leather armor and high damage.

The current player detection IC could be kept at the 10 radius or w/e it is. The only bad thing about this idea is that people might spam the player detection signs everywhere, this is why I would suggest limiting them since they are very powerful and boring for people wanting to raid towns.

TL;DR: Make armor detector ICs that only detects gold, diamond, chainmail and iron armor which has 50+ radius while keeping Player detection signs at a minimum with lower radius.

Thanks for reading!
Trizze

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
The ICs are from Craftbook I believe, which means that the Devs here have no control over how they work or making additions.

That's why township were never able to be added as a group type.
As far as I know the development teams wants to switch off of the current IC system into a new plugin that would be more configurable, but there is no ETA.

For the last few months of Bastion as well as currently, player detector ICs only range 10 blocks. I believe that a limit is good but 10 blocks is far to small. At the very least it should be 16 blocks if not slightly more.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Hi, I was having a conversation in off-topic chat about player detection ICs not covering enough area. And I thought, player detection ICs can't be countered in any way (even using sneak i think).

This is why I don't want the player detection ICs to have a huge radius like last map, I was thinking of an Armor detector IC which could have a fairly large radius (50 blocks or more). The Armor detector IC only detects these types of armor: Iron, Diamond, Gold and Chainmail. (NOT leather)

The code would just be an extension of the player detection IC checking if the player has these types of armor, if it has armor the IC powers on. (If the API can detect that the player is using armor)

I think this would encourage more stealthier raids with leather armor, since everyone is running around in diamond armor at the moment. I know this wouldn't be good for the more tankier classes but they're not supposed to be stealthy. Rangers, Ninjas and those classes on the other hand is supposed to be the stealthy classes with sneak, leather armor and high damage.

The current player detection IC could be kept at the 10 radius or w/e it is. The only bad thing about this idea is that people might spam the player detection signs everywhere, this is why I would suggest limiting them since they are very powerful and boring for people wanting to raid towns.

TL;DR: Make armor detector ICs that only detects gold, diamond, chainmail and iron armor which has 50+ radius while keeping Player detection signs at a minimum with lower radius.

Thanks for reading!
Trizze

Remember though that larger radius signs will also give a lot more false alerts, as you yourself will also set them off. I can only think of one town that had an extensive player detector system, and that was only at the size of a hamlet region. It becomes pretty difficult to implement at larger town sizes, and I don't think it deters raiders overmuch.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Ignoring that we prolly can't add ICs, this has an immediate counter: Just keep it in your inv. If it's in your hotbar you can just right click it to put it on, and checking the entire inventory for armor just would not work.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Thanks for reading!
Trizze
Player detectors have had a max radius of 15 blocks for both last map and this map...

Even if you make one where a larger radius is specified on the sign it'll still default to the max radius set in the config.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
There is nothing wrong with the current set-up of player detection ICs, at all. They have a 10 block radius and would require to place 4-5 of them so it covers a greater area. That said, this is not a difficult task. I was around when the radius was 50 blocks (which was great), but it was deemed that it was causing too much lag. I'd much rather compromise with a lowered radius than having the IC being taken away completely.

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
I just thought it would add an interesting element to the game, I've asked a HC coder if this was possible and he said it probably would if in fact the API detected the player using armor. I'm not saying we should increase the player detection IC's at all. They're very good as they are.

The thread isn't about the current player detection IC's.