• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ARK: Survival Evolved

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff

OFFICIAL HEROCRAFT SERVER = "Ark Hero"
IP = 204.77.3.10
Pass = dhrocks

PVP = ON

Add the server to your favorites list in steam!

As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
I've been playing pretty religiously since I purchased it. It was just released June 2 for early access play, and so far I have been having an absolute blast! ARK has yet to be optimized for a lot of older and current gpu's, but the ground work in place is more than enough to have a lot of fun. Tons of updates and patches have been rolled out to further balance and smooth out game performance in the past few days alone. It's still early on, but I can definitely say that I've already got my money's worth and I do not regret my decision to try it out. This seems to be a winner in a crowded survival game market.

Shoot me a steam invite if you're interested in playing. Steam account name: Envader

Some of the planned core features to come include:
– Mac and Linux versions
– Procedurally Generated ARK’s
– 40+ more creatures to reach over 70, with essentially every major category of extinct animal represented in some way
– More saddle types including saddle armor tiers and saddles with powerful weapons mounted on them
– Gas-powered Vehicles
– Human/Dino Body-Paints
– Enhanced building mechanics to evolve ARK into one of the best straight-up builder games out there
– More underwater biome/ecosystem complexity, including support for vacuum-sealed underwater bases
– Lots more items, weapons, armors and further advanced tech tiers
– More item skins, limited run event skins
– More bosses and the end-game cycle including the Ultimate Life Form & Ascension
– More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more.
– Steam Economy Support for Statistical Items (Need some Steam API functionality for this from Valve!)
– Way more plants and more detailed plant biology systems/farming systems
– More statistical modelling of status illnesses/diseases (both player and creature)
– Better/More SFX, Music, UI’s, Gamepad support (i.e. UI button shortcut callouts), VR support (i.e. HMD gun-aim option)

Running an ARK server isn't cheap (compared to other games), but because the game is almost completely server side we should see FAR less hacking/cheating than we're used to in similar games!

Last edited by a moderator:

MajDeath

Portal
PS4 version can go to hell. All my friends have it on PC. Nobody wants to buy me it. :( First world problems

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
No mac version yet :(

When that is a thing I'll probably pick this one up. Looks cool.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I will probably get this soon, but I would need people to play it with

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I bought it the other day but haven't downloaded it yet, plenty friends playing but I'm still occupied with GTA Online.

MajDeath

Portal
Ahhh.. one of my friends bought me a copy, all it took was selling my soul and freetime.

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
I would love to give this game a run through. Seena few things about it and it looks fun. Though my internet is a bit to spotty right now to run it properly I am sure.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
It's been a ton of fun, a lot of hard lessons learned so far :oops: I'm playing on official server 366 with a few other HC faces. Finally tamed my first raptor last night, only to have it eaten by a carnataurus waiting at my house.... c'est la vie, c'est la va.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
I've been playing pretty religiously since I purchased it. It was just released June 2 for early access play, and so far I have been having an absolute blast! ARK has yet to be optimized for a lot of older and current gpu's, but the ground work in place is more than enough to have a lot of fun. Tons of updates and patches have been rolled out to further balance and smooth out game performance in the past few days alone. It's still early on, but I can definitely say that I've already got my money's worth and I do not regret my decision to try it out. This seems to be a winner in a crowded survival game market.

Shoot me a steam invite if you're interested in playing. Steam account name: Envader

Some of the planned core features to come include:
– Mac and Linux versions
– Procedurally Generated ARK’s
– 40+ more creatures to reach over 70, with essentially every major category of extinct animal represented in some way
– More saddle types including saddle armor tiers and saddles with powerful weapons mounted on them
– Gas-powered Vehicles
– Human/Dino Body-Paints
– Enhanced building mechanics to evolve ARK into one of the best straight-up builder games out there
– More underwater biome/ecosystem complexity, including support for vacuum-sealed underwater bases
– Lots more items, weapons, armors and further advanced tech tiers
– More item skins, limited run event skins
– More bosses and the end-game cycle including the Ultimate Life Form & Ascension
– More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more.
– Steam Economy Support for Statistical Items (Need some Steam API functionality for this from Valve!)
– Way more plants and more detailed plant biology systems/farming systems
– More statistical modelling of status illnesses/diseases (both player and creature)
– Better/More SFX, Music, UI’s, Gamepad support (i.e. UI button shortcut callouts), VR support (i.e. HMD gun-aim option)

Running an ARK server isn't cheap (compared to other games), but because the game is almost completely server side we should see FAR less hacking/cheating than we're used to in similar games!
Actually working on getting a server up and running, we're converting our test box to a windows box for this purpose.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Actually working on getting a server up and running, we're converting our test box to a windows box for this purpose.

I was hoping this would happen :D So stoked! Let me know if you guys want/need help with anything. I've been playing/reading/watching pretty religiously since it's release and was toying with the idea of opening a server myself. It's gotten off to a pretty insane start, and the dev's have been very involved and active thus far.

Last edited:

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Well its got its first optimization update, but its still got a ways to go. They added some more video quality options as well, so you can turn it way down to playable levels.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Now I'll really have to buy this game :p
Likewise x.....x Well yay for the steam daily deal!

Now I really have to play it. There is an incentive to buy the game right now... you can apply glasses to your dino mounts "only durring the steam summer sale"