• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

All healers should have some sort of revive

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
Currently, the only two classes that have revive are Cleric and Paladin - Paladin is not even a healing class. All healers should be able to revive, it would make them more appealing to level and would be much more beneficial for groups, especially with the nether and dungeons coming soon.

I don't propose them to all have equal revives, but at least something so that while you're in the nether and a groupmate dies, you MUST have a cleric or paladin in the group (and the max is currently 6 in a group) in order to get you back. That really limits the amount of fun a group can have if someone dies early or due to lag, etc.

I'd be happy if clerics and paladins keep strong revives, and the other healers maybe get a weaker revive. Something that restores maybe 10% of their HP when they revive, not the full health bar, so they can at least make it back to the group.

Herocraft is extremely group oriented, so let's reward players more for forming groups.

Completely agree. I really don't understand why Paladin gets a revive while 3 of the other healers classes dont. Being any of the healing classes specs is a feat in itself because its not easy to level them. Kainzo has mentioned that he wants healers to be so essential but then he denies them of an ability that helps make healers essential.

I agree, they dont have to be equal revives. The monk could have one that only bring them back with a low amount of health for all mana and the bloodmage could have one that sacrifices most of their health to resurect their party member with full health or something like that.

Druid should get revive without a doubt. No question about it. That is about it lol.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Makes sense for all healers to get revive. Revive is a HEALER skill. Dont know why paladins have revive. They are a tank, not a healing class. Tanks dont need to revive people, healers do.

TechNinja

Coal
Makes sense for all healers to get revive. Revive is a HEALER skill. Dont know why paladins have revive. They are a tank, not a healing class. Tanks dont need to revive people, healers do.

In nearly every RPG i know of, Paladins always play the role of heavy support, tank and healer.
Also, only the higher tier healers in any RPG get revive.

Though I can agree that one of the other healer classes should gain revive, but not all.

I agree, they dont have to be equal revives. The monk could have one that only bring them back with a low amount of health for all mana and the bloodmage could have one that sacrifices most of their health to resurect their party member with full health or something like that.

Druid should get revive without a doubt. No question about it. That is about it lol.

I can agree with this ^

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
But Cleric is the tank healer of the caster specs. The real healers like druid should have revive, because druids pretty much are only healers and cant do much else. Revive should go to them because they have no real offense.

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4

Yes, and since there are not thousands of people playing on the server at once, all healers being able to revive would mean it would be so much easier for groups to form and head out to the nether or dungeons.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I'll be honest... (Don't kill me) I think Monk's should get the other revive... I usually envision monks being friendly people, who if they see you half-dead on the side of the street, they would help "revive" you. While Druids are more solitary and are one with nature, not just humans... Just sayin'

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Let me make a real post now that im not in the middle of a party.

I do agree that Paladins should have revive. I think that 1 Warrior Spec, and 1 Mage spec (and if rogues ever got a bard spec). Should have a revive. I belive ALL healer specs should get some sort of revive. Cleric getting the basic revive.

IF the coding of diffrent revive skills isnt plausible atm then everyone would get it. but I had the idea of a Bloodmage party revive that would sacrifice 20hp per person revived (which if too many people in your party died it could kill you but still revive everyone)

The problem with reviving people not at max health is the fact that it doenst actually revive the person. just TP them to the location they recently died at.

Well i had more to add, but currently im brain dead because its 10:42 AM, so i'll post the other suggestions later

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I forgot to mention it... But I am STRONGLY against alot of classes getting revive.... Honestly I fell revive is more of a cleric's *signature spell* than chant will ever be. This took 20 minutes to type on my phon. Will elaborate later.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Druids are scheduled to get revive in 2.6.7 and Bloodmages are to get revive at a cost for HP in 2.6.7 as well

EDIT: Thank you Kainzo for listening to the players and helping us out.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
So, again, Is Herocraft no longer a Hardcore Server? "I want revive! It's not fair! They have it, why don't I have it! Mommy, tell him to give it to me!" If you want revive, be a cleric. If you want to do some combat and Heal, be a monk. If you want to use hp as a reagent, by a bloodmage. If you want to having cool support spells, not cool COMBAT support spells, be a druid. If you want to be a COMBAT SUPPORT. BE. A. CLERIC. Not all classes may be the same on some things, but in the end, they will all end up with 100% Usefulness. Cleric's do 5 damage with their diamond hoe, but we can revive. Dreadknights can do 40 damage with their harmtouch, but they have a 10 minute cool down. EVERYTHING (In Theory) Balances Out. If you want the benefits of TWO classes, then that's just someone being a greedy little bastard. You choose a class, and you receive It's PROS and it's CONS. Nothing in life is FREE. The only way I see of balancing out a SECOND revive to another healer class, is giving a revive to bloodmage, because if you use it, then you should probably get the FUCK out of combat unless you want to get killed, because you are causing yourself to lose health, as opposed to gain it like a conventional Healer. Bloodmage's are like the Backwards Healer that still works.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Incoming Wall of Text, much like the one on the "Heroes we need to talk" Thread. Will Edit when it's done. This is just a headsup. I will not be editing the post above, as this will elaborate for you. Get Ready. I should probably check my blood pressure.

You're opposed to healers having something they usually do?