• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist Ideas

Do you want Alchemist to have a small rework?

• Yes, I want Alchemist to have a small rework

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No, Alchemist is good where it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Here's the main points of this:

-Brewing XP

-More useful cauldron recipes

-New potions

-minor suggestions

Part 1: Brewing XP

This, in my opinion, is a given. Why this hasn't been done is a mystery to me because of how useless mining is, to alchemists. There is only one reagent an alchemist collects from mining, which is redstone. Everything serves no purpose to the profession other than XP. To me, Alchemist do more farming than mining. My suggestion is one that actually makes sense, which is to make brewing give xp, or at least give farming xp to alchemists, other than mining xp.

Part 2: Better cauldron recipes

At the moment, some cauldron recipes have value, such as producing blaze powder,
Etc. But some recipes, have no value whatsoever such as leaves. Why should I make leaves with a cauldron when I could go get some shears and collect the leaves without spending all my saplings. Other recipes, such as Ice, are just as useless. This suggestion will come full circle in just a moment.

Part 3: New Potions

This is where it comes full circle. Remove transmute item. Replace transmute item with newer cauldron recipes, and add new potion effects such as haste, aabsorbtion, similar to the mcmmo alchemy skill.

Misc.

Buff some of these potions, seriously. Regen potions are worth next to nothing, they need to be buffed so they're worth something. Harming and Invis potions should remain removed, but potions of instant health should restore more HP, as should regen potions.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm not really for buffing instant health potions, or even adding regen potions. I already don't really like the impact potions plays in fights, and I don't think it should be increased.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not really for buffing instant health potions, or even adding regen potions. I already don't really like the impact potions plays in fights, and I don't think it should be increased.
Then why does the alchemist profession exist? Potions are meant to have a part in a fight. That's the point of them.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Then why does the alchemist profession exist? Potions are meant to have a part in a fight. That's the point of them.
3 potions are still viable in pretty much every fight. Night vision and water breathing can also be used pretty regularly.

Clawscript

Obsidian
I agree for the most part. I think potions are good except for regeneration and that mining can still be a source of XP, but it really bugs me that some of the core elements of the alchemist profession don't give XP (Brewing, mainly).
Yeah, I think it would balance our leveling overall. Maybe if you took away XP from logging and traded it for brewing it'd be perfect.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree for the most part. I think potions are good except for regeneration and that mining can still be a source of XP, but it really bugs me that some of the core elements of the alchemist profession don't give XP (Brewing, mainly).
Yeah, I think it would balance our leveling overall. Maybe if you took away XP from logging and traded it for brewing it'd be perfect.
Brewing really should be the main system for xp gain. I think mining should be removed, though. You'll get more of your potion ingredients from farming than mining.

Mining ingredients:
Redstone
Glowstone-requires nether access
Gold
Farming ingredients:
Sugar
Nether wart
Golden carrot
Mushrooms (to make fermented stuff)

And logging serves literally no purpose in terms of what the class does. Logs don't have any use in making potions whatsoever.

I think mining should be replaced with farming, and logging should be replaced with the actual process of making potions.

Clawscript

Obsidian
Brewing really should be the main system for xp gain. I think mining should be removed, though. You'll get more of your potion ingredients from farming than mining.

Mining ingredients:
Redstone
Glowstone-requires nether access
Gold
Farming ingredients:
Sugar
Nether wart
Golden carrot
Mushrooms (to make fermented stuff)

And logging serves literally no purpose in terms of what the class does. Logs don't have any use in making potions whatsoever.

I think mining should be replaced with farming, and logging should be replaced with the actual process of making potions.
Well, I think that would complicate the coding. Not the logging part, but rather the specification of what materials of which domain can give XP. It's much easier to select a leveling action as a whole and determine that it gives XP to a specific profession. I don't know if they'd accept to script it and make it that specific, but I think the brewing part, our main concern, can be fixed with a lot more ease.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, I think that would complicate the coding. Not the logging part, but rather the specification of what materials of which domain can give XP. It's much easier to select a leveling action as a whole and determine that it gives XP to a specific profession. I don't know if they'd accept to script it and make it that specific, but I think the brewing part, our main concern, can be fixed with a lot more ease.
I was not trying to imply that we specify certain items. I was trying to make a point that it makes more sense for an alchemist to recieve xp from farming. As in switch logging to brewing and remove mining all together. Make the whole farming group alchemist eligible.

Clawscript

Obsidian
I was not trying to imply that we specify certain items. I was trying to make a point that it makes more sense for an alchemist to recieve xp from farming. As in switch logging to brewing and remove mining all together. Make the whole farming group alchemist eligible.
Ah, so you mean that alchemist would become the second class to have farming as an XP source. Hmm, I'd appreciate that, but the entire domain of farming doesn't exactly apply to us... let's just take it up with the balance team!

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
Ah, so you mean that alchemist would become the second class to have farming as an XP source. Hmm, I'd appreciate that, but the entire domain of farming doesn't exactly apply to us... let's just take it up with the balance team!
farming netherwart?

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
That's what iAlchemist meant, yeah. Sugar can be important as well, to produce speed potions and craft certain ingredients
Personally, I think farming applies to alchemist more than mining does.

There's a reason that alchemist has a passive for more drops from farming.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We definitely want to give exp to alchemist for brewing. It's part of the class setup, though there's no realistic or easy way to grant exp JusT to the person who accessed and brewed since it uses a different screen.

I'm adding this to the to-do list. (hc.to/todo)