• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist Brewing Stand and Potions

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Over the maps Alchemist has not been much of a profession that is highly needed. Many use it only for Potions and then switch out once they have enough. The fact ANYONE can just switch to Alchemist and level it up to level 10(which is REALLY EASY to do) and then get the potions they want seems dumb to me. Since an Alchemist can make ANY potion at level 10 - it doesn't really push people to get the full experience and opinion on the class. If you say the Cauldron recipes should do that - they really don't since many cauldron items are obtainable without a cauldron.

I am suggesting that, just as you must be a certain level to use certain recipes and make certain items with a cauldron, an Alchemist should also be required to be a certain level to make certain types of potions and tiers of potions.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree, but to be honest I like the cauldron skills over the potions as a way of making some easy money on some hard to get novelties so who am I to say anything.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Over the maps Alchemist has not been much of a profession that is highly needed. Many use it only for Potions and then switch out once they have enough. The fact ANYONE can just switch to Alchemist and level it up to level 10(which is REALLY EASY to do) and then get the potions they want seems dumb to me. Since an Alchemist can make ANY potion at level 10 - it doesn't really push people to get the full experience and opinion on the class. If you say the Cauldron recipes should do that - they really don't since many cauldron items are obtainable without a cauldron.

I am suggesting that, just as you must be a certain level to use certain recipes and make certain items with a cauldron, an Alchemist should also be required to be a certain level to make certain types of potions and tiers of potions.
Moreso than ever now that yout get potion making at lvl 1.

I'd rather see more cauldron recipies and have say Insta-HP 2 & Fire-Resist pots locked off till later (Face it, the only pots people use are Fire resist, Insta HP and Speed. All others are essentially worthless)

Moreso than ever now that yout get potion making at lvl 1.

I'd rather see more cauldron recipies and have say Insta-HP 2 & Fire-Resist pots locked off till later (Face it, the only pots people use are Fire resist, Insta HP and Speed. All others are essentially worthless)
Worthless or removed, i would think with the potion cool down that i have been hearing about many of the removed potions could come back, maybe even if some were path specific, IE: only casters could use instant harming 1 and 2, only rouges could use invisibility, only warriors could use strength 1 (not 2), and only support could use regen 1 and 2. These are just examples

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
What you want is basically impossible "because Minecraft". Unfortunately anything that has a special interface is pretty much impossible to control. (Villagers, Anvils, Brewing) Now don't get me wrong, we can "kinda" do stuff with those, and I think Villagers might have actually gotten some fixes to allow people to mod it, but don't quote me on that. And I think we somehow found a way around a lot of the enchanting BS, but that's really the limit of what we can currently do.

But I totally remember we had an idea for this. We were gonna make a plugin that would overhaul crafting, forcing pretty much everything from brewing potions to crafting a pickaxe require a properly leveled profession. It was also going to add custom recipes and other crazy stuff to make it all snazzy and kewl. The only way to do it though would have required us to remove the default Brewing/Enchanting user interfaces and instead force everything to work as the default crafting bench does. We could then force our own reagents with our own "recipe" to make the default potions.

And it would have worked! Actually wait, it did work! I was totally there when Gabi tested the early versions of it. And then, we like, didn't do it.

Then I died.

Then Gabi died.

Then it died.

It's dead.

It's all dead.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What you want is basically impossible "because Minecraft". Unfortunately anything that has a custom interface is pretty much impossible to control. *Cough* Villagers, Anvils, Brewing, Enchanting. Now don't get me wrong, we can "kinda" do stuff with those, and I think Villagers might have actually gotten some fixes to allow people to mod it, but don't quote me on that.

But I totally remember we had an idea for this. We were gonna make a plugin that would overhaul crafting, forcing pretty much everything from brewing potions to crafting a pickaxe require a properly leveled profession. It was also going to add custom recipes and other crazy stuff to make it all snazzy and kewl. The only way to do it though would have required us to remove the default Brewing/Enchanting user interfaces and instead force everything to work as the default crafting bench does. We could then force our own reagents with our own "recipe" to make the default potions.

And it would have worked! Actually wait, it did work! I was totally there when Gabi tested the early versions of it. And then, we like, didn't do it.

Then I died.

Then Gabi died.

Then it died.

It's dead.

It's all dead.
Didn't we used to have custom recipies? Smelting wheat into bread and some crafting bench ones? I don't remember what map they were on..... Zeal? DG? Bastion? I can't remember, all these maps run together after 4 years XD

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Didn't we used to have custom recipies? Smelting wheat into bread and some crafting bench ones? I don't remember what map they were on..... Zeal? DG? Bastion? I can't remember, all these maps run together after 4 years XD
Dunno, wasn't around back then. :eek:

But yea, it's not a crazy new idea or anything. Overriding the crafting recipes has been done before. The main thing was how we were going to restrict certain recipes to certain classes, add entirely new recipes, change old ones, and add brewing/enchanting/repairing into the mix. It was more than just "force vanilla stuff to be more difficult to do".

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Dunno, wasn't around back then. :eek:

But yea, it's not a crazy new idea or anything. Overriding the crafting recipes has been done before. The main thing was how we were going to restrict certain recipes to certain classes, add entirely new recipes, change old ones, and add brewing/enchanting/repairing into the mix. It was more than just "force vanilla stuff to be more difficult to do".
Well it seems doable with the current system. Recipes are already class restricted and they had custom recipes.....