• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Profession] Alchemist

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Problems;

+Not a lot of ways to obtain EXP that relates to the class (brewing)
+limited on granting EXP though the brewing NUI (I think?)
+Can automate potion production making alchemists useless in terms of brewing and no level requirements on potions

Suggestion;

+Take out the whole brewing system (just like anvils)
+Give alchemist a new skill setup for brewing, much like it's cauldron setup (certain level =/= better items)
+Have it so an alchemist has to use a skill with water bottles/ ingredents in their invent to create potions
+EXP is granted to player when they are successful at creating potions (you have 80% chance of failing at level 1, decreases by 1% per level)
+Batch size of potions is dependant on level (1 potion at level one, 8 potions at level 60)

Breakdown on new skill system;

+Each time you use a skill, it requires the ingredients of the potions you intend to make (example; sugar for swiftness) and uses up 1 blaze powder and 1 nether wart + x amount of water bottles
+would limit you on what you can make per level of alchemist (example; level 1 can make regen while level 30 can make fire resis)
+would limit you on what you can use in your potions (glowstone and redstone). Dependant on level
+depending on your level changes the batch size you can make (1 potion at level 1, 8 potions at level 60)
+You always have a chance of 'failing' a brew. This would create mundane potions (kinda useless but can be recycled)
+You get EXP when you successfully create a batch of potions

Very brief example;

Level 1 --- Every 7 levels, you can craft 1 additional potion per batch
Level 1 --- New skill very alike forage. Requires 1 fire charge to use. Returns 1-3 blaze powder on use.
Level 1 --- Skill that can create potions of regen and poison.
Level 5 --- Skill that can create potions of slowness
Level 10 --- Skill that enables you to craft splash potions
Level 15 --- skill that can create potions of swiftness
Level 20 --- Skill that can create potions of harming and health
Level 25 --- Can now use redstone in potions to extend their durations
Level 30 --- ect ect

Thoughts;

Well, with a system like this in place. It would address most of the problems I've seen people bringing up with alchemist being that you can create any potion at any level as well as there not being an advantage of max leveling it. Another point would be that it would breath some new life into a system that in my opinion, has been dead for a good while due to you being able to automate the whole process with an engineer. Would really appreciate some feedback on this as it would require a big change on how Alchemist is currently played. Thanks in advance.

Note;

It is currently possible to create custom potions that have more than a single affect attached to them. Example could be strength 2 and swiftness. This is all possible though normal minecraft ./give commands so no extra needed plugins would be required to add some diversity. --- http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Potion

Last edited:

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
Great idea IMO, it will make Alchemist worth leveling apart from the cauldron, you could add a double drop chance (You have a 5% chance, +0.5% per level to get two potions instead of one)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Why don't we just buff herbalism? Isn't that like their main skill?

On point: Good idea. I like the idea of alchemists having use besides cauldron and spitting out 700 potions at lvl 1.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Great idea IMO, it will make Alchemist worth leveling apart from the cauldron, you could add a double drop chance (You have a 5% chance, +0.5% per level to get two potions instead of one)

Thanks, I was intending to have it so you can craft x amount more potions per batch that is dependant on your level (1 extra potion per 7 levels, maxes out at 8 potions). But I would also like to see a passive something like this too :)

Beau_Nearh

Portal

On point: Good idea. I like the idea of alchemists having use besides cauldron and spitting out 700 potions at lvl 1.

I'm never been an alchemist personally as it really does offer very little use compared to other profs. I suppose increasing the EXP gain they get would help but it still wouldn't change the ability to create any potion at level 1.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm never been an alchemist personally as it really does offer very little use compared to other profs. I suppose increasing the EXP gain they get would help but it still wouldn't change the ability to create any potion at level 1.
It would limit the actually useful potions till later, whereas now you can go lvl 1 alchemist and pump out 700 speed, Healing 2, and Fire Res Pots and then change to whatever else they wanted to be.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
Alchemists should gain exp via Farming, since Nether Warts are constantly used in potions, the 2 most demanded potions require melons/sugar, and they already share two skills with the Farmer.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4

I have never used herbalism as an alchemist and the times I tried, it's given me a failed report.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
It's a passive ability but using it does nothing at all. Even looking up information for it, doesn't do anything.
It doesn't give me anything as being passive. Any other skill that benefits from it or with it, does nothing as well.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
It's a passive ability but using it does nothing at all. Even looking up information for it, doesn't do anything.
It doesn't give me anything as being passive. Any other skill that benefits from it or with it, does nothing as well.
It says you have a higher chance to get drops from plants, how does that not sound passive? Lol

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Alchemists should gain exp via Farming, since Nether Warts are constantly used in potions, the 2 most demanded potions require melons/sugar, and they already share two skills with the Farmer.

I do agree with you that these are two of the most sought for potions (fire resis being the 3rd) but even if this was to change. An alchemist would be left with double chests full of sugar cane and melons that won't be used as they won't have a need to create that many potions. This also goes for nether warts. I suppose for a short term fix, upping the exp would help a lot but in the long run. It wouldn't help the prof at all (players would just make a sugarcane farm and max level though that).