• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Wider variety of skills.

Algsa777

TNT
I know I'm a new player and everything, but when I was looking at all the classes I saw the skills options seemed a BIT dry. My idea would be just add alot more skills and have where you could use 1 or another skill so that one Paladin/Merchant doesnt have to have the same skills as another Paladin/Merchant. Maybe even have it where some new skills inflict potion effect like this example: Rouge ability: Eye Gouge; deals little dmg lets say 50-75 and inflicts a long blinded status but have to hit the front of the player's head/face.
Another idea that would be nice with this is a third sub class which you can choose from all the pathes and professions but have to already mastered it and can get only hlaf way through on the Second Tier just to add up some more variety and make a bit more interesting gameplay like having a more passive player have Bard/Merchant/Smith then get skills that assist passively or over a long time or maybe a more active class made for dmg like Dreadknight/Enchanter/Necromancer.
Please Critic and add more suggestion and PLEASE dont flame or completely bash this thread. Its just a suggestion and can easily stay that.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe everyone wishes for there to be more skills, classes, etc. however the coding team is always working really hard. Just give them time. They are already trying to program new classes, quests and things like automated town banks. Also it's not easy to program new skills. Many skills and additions have bugs which they have to patch.

Algsa777

TNT
I know they are actively trying to improve classes but from the looks of it, its mostly just nerf this, tweak this, or boost this. Also I think it would be nice if we the players could just toss out/give idea for decent skills and ideas to make a more indepth class system.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The two things you suggested seem to be in the general direction of A. a talent system and B. unlockable legendary classes. The latter is feasible and planned (as far as I know) for the next map, but A... A talent system seems like an ABSURD amount of work that could be spent on doing other things. While, in the long run, it may be worth it, it's most likely too complex to incorporate into heroes at the moment. I like your suggestions, though!

Algsa777

TNT
Thanks Leftovers. Also you could say the third class is like legendary class also my choice which skill isnt a talent systems its which skill you want, heres an example: you reached lv30 Artic Mystic (Not a class I know, its just a simple example) You can either choose Freezing Pillar which produces a tall pillar of ice to trap and dmg enemies with that cost ice blocks OR Winter Fortress which creates 4 connected 3 deep walls made of snow to protect yourself that cost snow blocks. You cant get the other skill unless you spend coin and lose other skill. It would allow for variety inside a single class. So still on topic. Any idea for skills for certain classes?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think there are plans for races later on, so there's your talents, probably.

Sort of sideways to the heart of your topic, but block-summoning skills are few and far between... I would really like to see a lot of skills affect the terrain, new and old, but it's pretty tough to integrate especially considering towns and whatnot.

As for either-or skills, I would be good with that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Much further down the line (or on our own game being released) I could see doing a talent tree system. Heroes in it's current state doesn't support picking / mixing skills.

Algsa777

TNT
Much further down the line (or on our own game being released) I could see doing a talent tree system. Heroes in it's current state doesn't support picking / mixing skills.
Woot! I can c herocraft making a custom luancher like what RUNE is doing. Alot less restrictions and easy acess for all players. Personally i love all the moves to have custom particle effects. Well back on topic i c herocraf not being able to currently support choosable skill since it doesnt have enough skills and to amount bool/true falses would be unbearable! XD
@Dazureus
They where just examples, i already know they would be hard to implement due to regions, if said skills where added they would probably have a tick/timer for them to despawn.

Algsa777

TNT
What's "i c herocraft' ?
We have over 180 skills and counting - this 'isnt enough' ?
Srry i was on my phone which is buggy. Its I see herocraft. Its just easier to type c instead of see. Also arent most of the skills just the same carried over to the second tier and some second tier classes have some of the same skills?
edit; i cant look at classes and list custom skills so if there are 180 skills in all great! It just that all the skills are dispersed so much across 28 tier 2 classes that it seems less then it is

Algsa777

TNT
Wow *jaw drop and mineblown* cant wait to see these in action. I really want to beta test now! Also cant wait to learn javascript for myself and attempt something like this!
edit; im guessing alot of the just becauses are for legendary like chainlightning and masspigify
edit 2: oh lord! Now I have a Grammar Nazi on my trail!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Wow *jaw drop and mineblown* cant wait to see these in action. I really want to beta test now! Also cant wait to learn javascript for myself and attempt something like this!
edit; im guessing alot of the just becauses are for legendary like chainlightning and masspigify
edit 2: oh lord! Now I have a Grammar Nazi on my trail!
Beta test? Just play on the server..? Masspiggify was the level 60/max beguiler skill, and chainlightning is probably a Zo skill or a WIP