• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A pvp ruleset server

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
oh so there are two different things happening in this thread then? Thats kind of confusing lol
I called dibs but it's easy to get confused. Ima blame Church & Kainzo on that one.

Reborn is still being developed and is coming along steadily. We're on track for some teamfight / balance testing soon (TM).

New Map on Friday? Sick. But nobody is starting fresh?
Big patch out on friday featuring

- Level increase to 55
- New Gear, including set-items, soulbound items, and more!
- Global PVP Enable
- Class Balance Adjustments
- Fixed Armor mitigation
- New Primary Map
- New Tutorial (Active now!)
- New Skills!
- NO MAP OR DATA RESETS.

So things are happening.

This is unrelated to what this thread is/was about. Unfortunately the current HC staff decided to make some big changes related to PvP and announce them right around the time that I made a post here discussing the upcoming "Heroes Reborn" server and there is now a bit of confusion.

Quite frankly, nothing the current HC server does is going to get the people that are posting in this thread interested. It's a completely different experience than what we have been/were/are looking for.

Heroes Reborn is a new server, with old ideals.

Last edited:

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
I called dibs but it's easy to get confused. Ima blame Church & Kainzo on that one.

Reborn is still being developed and is coming along steadily. We're on track for some teamfight / balance testing soon (TM).

This is unrelated to what was recently discussed in this thread. Unfortunately the current HC staff decided to make some big changes related to PvP and there is now a bit of confusion.

Quite frankly, nothing the current HC server does is going to get the people posting in this thread interested. It's a completely different experience than what we have been/were/are looking for.

Oh, my bad! Didn't mean to cause confusion

SamdamanXX

Iron
So, I wager most people that were interested and willing to contribute to this whole thing have moved on to other things. Can't blame them, The idea was initially promising but ultimately it very clearly looked to be a typical "Herocraft Plan".

That is to say, it offered vague concepts and ideas, with no follow-through.

But I am here to say that that is no longer the situation, and hasn't been for about two months. Give or take.

I have returned.

I'm back, and arguably much later than some others that were far more dedicated to this idea than I. A makeshift team has come together around Kainzo's original call to arms, and we're trying to get the ball rolling. It has been a slow start (technically it really got up and running around November last year), and with Hytale being announced, the whole air is a bit fuzzy, but I can say that actual progress is being made.

Additionally, I've put forth enough time and effort that I'm committed to the act. Unless I run into something that I think will completely destroy the perspective of this "new server" being something that will cater to "us", I'm going to follow this through to the end.

So what's in store? In short, I (we) want to bring back the glory days (Zeal/DG/Bastion) but with a fresh coat of paint.

No attributes.
No "prepared skills".
No left click stamina bullshit.
No Global "Auction House" Trading.
Bring the Player Economy Back.
Re-enabling PvP Globally.
Item drop on death.
Graveyards.
Oldschool Mob Arenas.
Oldschool PvP Arenas.
Actual Group PvP focused gameplay.
No more Legendary Classes.
No more "crafting item clutter" from the custom item plugin.
New and Revamped classes featuring skills your mom has never even heard of before.
...and much more.

As with everything "Game Development" related, nothing is set in stone yet. I'm not determining the rules alone, and even among us oldschool players, not everyone agrees. Kainzo also has a hard "No absolutes" stance on these sort of statements, but rest assured we'll fight to the death for the truly important stuff. Kainzo is much more willing to let us drive than in the past, but he's still the server 'owner'. We all know what that means, but take this statement from someone that left on less than pleasant terms with him though--"the outlook is good. We can do this."

---

For those of you that know me, I hope that you can trust I know what's up (within a certain degree of error, of course). Ultimately we are trying to look at what has been done in the 5-ish years since Bastion, and determine what part of the server has actually changed for the better, and undo what has changed for the worse.

There's been a few pings to people who still float around the old HC community, but to be frank, the number of actual worthwhile contributors on the team isn't super high. We've got me on coding most of the Heroes related content (new skills, class designs, fixing/removing all the dumb stuff) @MysticMight and @werwew19 helping on that front as well, @Jrr_ on that architect thing, and a few other dedicated individuals working to provide input on the big picture / "Vision" stuff. But unsurprisingly, there's a lot more that needs doing.

I want this shit done, and I want it done fast.

I wager most of you wanted this a year ago, if not two. Well tough luck, it didn't happen. But it can happen now. Ideally we will have something that is playable and complete by the middle of this year at the latest. The only thing stopping that from happening, or preventing it from happening even sooner than that, is a lack of people that can actually get work done. Coding work is a big time sink, but there's a lot more in play here.

If you read this and think that you or somebody you know might be able to provide actual, tangible work to the team, we'd love to talk to them. This could range from doing a lot of nitty gritty plugin config files, architecture stuff, advanced plugin setup (Mythic mobs / custom items will be in, in a very different way than the current server), actual plugin development, or god knows what else. Later in the game a sort of "PvP Beta Balance Team" might make sense, but not right now, not yet. If you've got a usable skill, let me or Werwew know directly, or just write it out in this thread.

Ideas are all fine and well, but let's be real. We're pretty good on ideas. This thread and the other one where Sam made an absolute ass out of himself have more or less filled the quota on ideas. Obviously the current team has their own, and we have a limited amount of skillsets and time to implement everything that everyone can think of. The important part is filtering out which ideas have the cheapest time / effort cost, but give the highest benefit to the server quality as a whole, and I think our current team has that covered.

So yeah, that's it. There's my Delf novel. Stay tuned for more info from Kainzo, Werwew, or myself in the coming weeks.
If I don't say it who will? Your post basically acknowledged and agreed with everything I said except that I'm an ass for saying things other people aren't willing to. I love herocraft, and it has a place deep in my heart. That's why I'm willing to throw myself to the fire, to send a message and spark the fire. I've tried being on the balance team, and I've talked to Kainzo before about concerns. I can't do it.
I can't be part of the inner workings because It won't work. Too many people with a control dynamic, checks and balances etc. But if Herocraft comes back, I'll reclaim my place as the Kanye of Herocraft and spark the fire in other peoples hearts that don't want me at the top. Bring groups together to be with me and against me.

Regardless,
I'll keep my mouth shut for now, and won't criticize, but I hope my regular account at some point gets unbanned. If not, whatever,
if you ban this account too I can't stop you, but I hope you remember I've tried to advertise this community, and give back to it by bringing new players into my towns, and building them up. I've done my part, have you?

Good luck bringing herocraft back. I promise I wont post when i'm on a substance anymore. If herocraft comes back, I'll post vids again, and get the hype back up. or not,
fuck bitches get money
bay life
stay swole
tc or die
og umbro- most of you niggas aint even og

Umbra Founder
TC Trailblazer
Herocraft's Kanye

Real Life Goon

See Lumont/Macura Interaction from when I joined TC in Bastion

Attachments

• 24ni8.png
    24ni8.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Oh sam, what would we do without you. It's good to see you haven't changed much in 5 years.

But to address you more directly, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Honestly, it probably doesn't matter anyways. Anything you said, whether it was diplomatically phrased or not, would likely not have made a difference. Kain wasn't willing to do what needed to be done back then, and now he is.

We've got multiple devs and an actual team now, so "Heroes Reborn" is shaping up to be something good. You should definitely be there, and you should feel free to say what you want to say. But I can't deny that there will be rules like any other server, so it might be worthwhile to curate your words a little bit before saying them.

I've done my part, have you?
:rolleyes:

If nothing else, I have always enjoyed having so many different people to fight in HC. See you then.

SamdamanXX

Iron
Oh sam, what would we do without you. It's good to see you haven't changed much in 5 years.

Honestly, it probably doesn't matter anyways. Anything you said, whether it was diplomatically phrased or not, would likely not have made a difference. Kain wasn't willing to do what needed to be done back then, and now he is.

We've got multiple devs and an actual team now, so "Heroes Reborn" is shaping up to be something good. You should definitely be there, and you should feel free to say what you want to say. But I can't deny that there will be rules like any other server, so it might be worthwhile to curate your words a little bit before saying them.

If nothing else, I have always enjoyed having so many different people to fight in HC. See you then.

i birthed you
220px-Ichangedalotdeluxe.jpg
good luck

Last edited:

Weikauno

Coder
I'd like to help out, don't know enough about plugins to help there yet but I could do promotion and work on a wiki and some architecture stuff. Is there a private test server up or some way I can get access to what all is going on? It'd be an honor to be a part of rebuilding the old HC experience

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd like to help out, don't know enough about plugins to help there yet but I could do promotion and work on a wiki and some architecture stuff. Is there a private test server up or some way I can get access to what all is going on? It'd be an honor to be a part of rebuilding the old HC experience
Join Discord.
hc.to/discord

ShizzGawdd

Dirt
If I don't say it who will? Your post basically acknowledged and agreed with everything I said except that I'm an ass for saying things other people aren't willing to. I love herocraft, and it has a place deep in my heart. That's why I'm willing to throw myself to the fire, to send a message and spark the fire. I've tried being on the balance team, and I've talked to Kainzo before about concerns. I can't do it.
I can't be part of the inner workings because It won't work. Too many people with a control dynamic, checks and balances etc. But if Herocraft comes back, I'll reclaim my place as the Kanye of Herocraft and spark the fire in other peoples hearts that don't want me at the top. Bring groups together to be with me and against me.

Regardless,
I'll keep my mouth shut for now, and won't criticize, but I hope my regular account at some point gets unbanned. If not, whatever,
if you ban this account too I can't stop you, but I hope you remember I've tried to advertise this community, and give back to it by bringing new players into my towns, and building them up. I've done my part, have you?

Good luck bringing herocraft back. I promise I wont post when i'm on a substance anymore. If herocraft comes back, I'll post vids again, and get the hype back up. or not,
fuck bitches get money
bay life
stay swole
tc or die
og umbro- most of you niggas aint even og

Umbra Founder
TC Trailblazer
Herocraft's Kanye

Real Life Goon

See Lumont/Macura Interaction from when I joined TC in Bastion

this might actually be the most imavirgin post in the history of herocraft. totes in awe atm

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
if by kanye of herocraft you mean, used to be good, but now just a drugged out megalomaniac who nobody cares about anymore. then ya, you kanye, dawg

SamdamanXX

Iron
the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
I'd be upset, but i'm just amazed i'm still able to trigger you guys. I'm honored
deflects to gay joke reference but also sent dick pics to most of TC ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh idk buddy
I don't recall this, but I think I know where this is coming from, and I hope you know those are pictures of a minor ya'll are jerking off to. Person who sent you what I think was sent, is playing with a heavy amount of fire. think guys. Glad you guys outed this person, thanks.

SamdamanXX

Iron

have you done your part, is not for you.