• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A pvp ruleset server

ZeroStormAI

Legacy Supporter 4
@Kainzo in an effort to bring back pvp.

ive tossed around a few ideas.
1. instead of having different areas i think we should have a pvp enable function
this can have a cooldown for when you dont want to pvp but i feel that we should be allowed to mine and not worry about pvp now this can have a 24 hour cooldown to prevent people from constantly abusing this feature.

currently my memory is failing me but this is just one idea i had

Eunwolf

Retired Staff
Make the current township plugin in New Atlas work as a pvp township plugin, include war mode where you could break into towns and things would regen after a time period. Maybe a grace mode after being raided for 24 hours. This can be changed depending on community feedback.

Slowly start adding pvp over time before or while advertisement goes on maybe we can look to balance things out. (Thats if we do not go all out with pvp at the start, but balancing custom weapons might take a bit of testing)

Maybe add some sort of pvp protection for new players in the pvp world, depending on if it becomes an issue like it seemed to in the past. Kind of like “Lost Soul” from the past.

Remove use of ender pearls for all classes, go back to wizards and pyro can use ender pearls only.

Recall needs to be on a longer cool down so people risk losing stuff, and Warp needs to be either removed or made a REALLY high cooldown

Remove any type of player housing in spawn. This defeats the whole purpose of playing with other people in towns, just adds protection that nobody can do anything about.

I think changes like these would be best at the start because we dont have much to work with on the PvP side of things, this would at least give us foundation sort of based on what the server used to be with some room to breathe and give us a starting point.

Anything here could be changed, just feel like these changes would get us started in thinking about this side of the server. I feel like the PvE side is in a pretty decent spot for the people who are looking for PvE sides of things. Once we get both sides up and running to an extent that feels good enough, we can start to think about adding new mechanics or removing old ones based on the feedback from the community.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
So, I wager most people that were interested and willing to contribute to this whole thing have moved on to other things. Can't blame them, The idea was initially promising but ultimately it very clearly looked to be a typical "Herocraft Plan".

That is to say, it offered vague concepts and ideas, with no follow-through.

But I am here to say that that is no longer the situation, and hasn't been for about two months. Give or take.

I have returned.

I'm back, and arguably much later than some others that were far more dedicated to this idea than I. A makeshift team has come together around Kainzo's original call to arms, and we're trying to get the ball rolling. It has been a slow start (technically it really got up and running around November last year), and with Hytale being announced, the whole air is a bit fuzzy, but I can say that actual progress is being made.

Additionally, I've put forth enough time and effort that I'm committed to the act. Unless I run into something that I think will completely destroy the perspective of this "new server" being something that will cater to "us", I'm going to follow this through to the end.

So what's in store? In short, I (we) want to bring back the glory days (Zeal/DG/Bastion) but with a fresh coat of paint.

No attributes.
No "prepared skills".
No left click stamina bullshit.
No Global "Auction House" Trading.
Bring the Player Economy Back.
Re-enabling PvP Globally.
Item drop on death.
Graveyards.
Oldschool Mob Arenas.
Oldschool PvP Arenas.
Actual Group PvP focused gameplay.
No more Legendary Classes.
No more "crafting item clutter" from the custom item plugin.
New and Revamped classes featuring skills your mom has never even heard of before.
...and much more.

As with everything "Game Development" related, nothing is set in stone yet. I'm not determining the rules alone, and even among us oldschool players, not everyone agrees. Kainzo also has a hard "No absolutes" stance on these sort of statements, but rest assured we'll fight to the death for the truly important stuff. Kainzo is much more willing to let us drive than in the past, but he's still the server 'owner'. We all know what that means, but take this statement from someone that left on less than pleasant terms with him though--"the outlook is good. We can do this."

---

For those of you that know me, I hope that you can trust I know what's up (within a certain degree of error, of course). Ultimately we are trying to look at what has been done in the 5-ish years since Bastion, and determine what part of the server has actually changed for the better, and undo what has changed for the worse.

There's been a few pings to people who still float around the old HC community, but to be frank, the number of actual worthwhile contributors on the team isn't super high. We've got me on coding most of the Heroes related content (new skills, class designs, fixing/removing all the dumb stuff) @MysticMight and @werwew19 helping on that front as well, @Jrr_ on that architect thing, and a few other dedicated individuals working to provide input on the big picture / "Vision" stuff. But unsurprisingly, there's a lot more that needs doing.

I want this shit done, and I want it done fast.

I wager most of you wanted this a year ago, if not two. Well tough luck, it didn't happen. But it can happen now. Ideally we will have something that is playable and complete by the middle of this year at the latest. The only thing stopping that from happening, or preventing it from happening even sooner than that, is a lack of people that can actually get work done. Coding work is a big time sink, but there's a lot more in play here.

If you read this and think that you or somebody you know might be able to provide actual, tangible work to the team, we'd love to talk to them. This could range from doing a lot of nitty gritty plugin config files, architecture stuff, advanced plugin setup (Mythic mobs / custom items will be in, in a very different way than the current server), actual plugin development, or god knows what else. Later in the game a sort of "PvP Beta Balance Team" might make sense, but not right now, not yet. If you've got a usable skill, let me or Werwew know directly, or just write it out in this thread.

Ideas are all fine and well, but let's be real. We're pretty good on ideas. This thread and the other one where Sam made an absolute ass out of himself have more or less filled the quota on ideas. Obviously the current team has their own, and we have a limited amount of skillsets and time to implement everything that everyone can think of. The important part is filtering out which ideas have the cheapest time / effort cost, but give the highest benefit to the server quality as a whole, and I think our current team has that covered.

So yeah, that's it. There's my Delf novel. Stay tuned for more info from Kainzo, Werwew, or myself in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Plum__

TNT
So, I wager most people that were interested and willing to contribute to this whole thing have moved on to other things. Can't blame them, The idea was initially promising but ultimately it very clearly looked to be a typical "Herocraft Plan".

That is to say, it offered vague concepts and ideas, with no follow-through.

But I am here to say that that is no longer the situation, and hasn't been for about two months. Give or take.

I have returned.

I'm back, and arguably much later than some others that were far more dedicated to this idea than I. A makeshift team has come together around Kainzo's original call to arms, and we're trying to get the ball rolling. It has been a slow start (technically it really got up and running around November last year), and with Hytale being announced, the whole air is a bit fuzzy, but I can say that actual progress is being made.

Additionally, I've put forth enough time and effort that I'm committed to the act. Unless I run into something that I think will completely destroy the perspective of this "new server" being something that will cater to "us", I'm going to follow this through to the end.

So what's in store? In short, I (we) want to bring back the glory days (Zeal/DG/Bastion) but with a fresh coat of paint.

No attributes.
No "prepared skills".
Item drop on death.
Graveyards.
Oldschool Mob Arenas.
Oldschool PvP Arenas.
New and Revamped classes featuring skills your mom has never even heard of before.
...and much more.

As with everything "Game Development" related, nothing is set in stone yet. I'm not determining the rules alone, and even among us oldschool players, not everyone agrees. Kainzo also has a hard "No absolutes" stance on these sort of statements, but rest assured we'll fight to the death for the truly important stuff. Kainzo is much more willing to let us drive than in the past, but he's still the server 'owner'. We all know what that means, but take this statement from someone that left on less than pleasant terms with him though--"the outlook is good. We can do this."

---

For those of you that know me, I hope that you can trust I know what's up (within a certain degree of error, of course). Ultimately we are trying to look at what has been done in the 5-ish years since Bastion, and determine what part of the server has actually changed for the better, and undo what has changed for the worse.

There's been a few pings to people who still float around the old HC community, but to be frank, the number of actual worthwhile contributors on the team isn't super high. We've got me on coding most of the Heroes related content (new skills, class designs, fixing/removing all the dumb stuff) @MysticMight and @werwew19 helping on that front as well, @Jrr_ on that architect thing, and a few other dedicated individuals working to provide input on the big picture / "Vision" stuff. But unsurprisingly, there's a lot more that needs doing.

I want this shit done, and I want it done fast.

I wager most of you wanted this a year ago, if not two. Well tough luck, it didn't happen. But it can happen now. Ideally we will have something that is playable and complete by the middle of this year at the latest. The only thing stopping that from happening, or preventing it from happening even sooner than that, is a lack of people that can actually get work done. Coding work is a big time sink, but there's a lot more in play here.

If you read this and think that you or somebody you know might be able to provide actual, tangible work to the team, we'd love to talk to them. This could range from doing a lot of nitty gritty plugin config files, architecture stuff, advanced plugin setup (Mythic mobs / custom items will be in, in a very different way than the current server), actual plugin development, or god knows what else. Later in the game a sort of "PvP Beta Balance Team" might make sense, but not right now, not yet. If you've got a usable skill, let me or Werwew know directly, or just write it out in this thread.

Ideas are all fine and well, but let's be real. We're pretty good on ideas. This thread and the other one where Sam made an absolute ass out of himself have more or less filled the quota on ideas. Obviously the current team has their own, and we have a limited amount of skillsets and time to implement everything that everyone can think of. The important part is filtering out which ideas have the cheapest time / effort cost, but give the highest benefit to the server quality as a whole, and I think our current team has that covered.

So yeah, that's it. There's my Delf novel. Stay tuned for more info from Kainzo, Werwew, or myself in the coming weeks.

Soo does that mean you are removing the nocheat exceptions from skills so that people can't hack? Cause that would be greatly beneficial, if not then good luck.

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm back playing as well, trying to get as many of my viewers to join from my stream.

macura

Diamond

No attributes.
No "prepared skills".
Item drop on death.
Graveyards.
Oldschool Mob Arenas.
Oldschool PvP Arenas.

...and much more.

---

I just about came in my pants reading this. Also sup yall

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
Any update on this? However small of an update it is, it would be nice to know how its going. lol

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
Any update on this? However small of an update it is, it would be nice to know how its going. lol
Big patch out on friday featuring

- Level increase to 55
- New Gear, including set-items, soulbound items, and more!
- Global PVP Enable
- Class Balance Adjustments
- Fixed Armor mitigation
- New Primary Map
- New Tutorial (Active now!)
- New Skills!
- NO MAP OR DATA RESETS.

So things are happening.

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
Big patch out on friday featuring

- Level increase to 55
- New Gear, including set-items, soulbound items, and more!
- Global PVP Enable
- Class Balance Adjustments
- Fixed Armor mitigation
- New Primary Map
- New Tutorial (Active now!)
- New Skills!
- NO MAP OR DATA RESETS.

So things are happening.
Can you maybe talk to people to push 1.7 melee system back into the game? The attack cool downs suck soo much.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Can you maybe talk to people to push 1.7 melee system back into the game? The attack cool downs suck soo much.
what trizze is referring to isnt the "heroes reborn" stuff delf mentioned earlier, thats another project