• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A pvp ruleset server

AtomicTempest

Legacy Supporter 9
So we need help to get this type of thing off the ground. My time is extremely limited and a niche offshoot for a 8 year old game isnt what will pay my bills anymore.

I'll help with:
Guidance
Hardware hosting
E-mails
Framework for Developers
Framework for Scripters

But I don't have time to hand hold, implement, test or hire developers for these systems, this is something the community will need to do.
Looks promising anyone up for it?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So we need to script it ourselves basically?
Could be scripting. I'm just saying, I dont have the time and will gladly push it forward, but I cant dedicate 40+ hours a week like I used to to Herocraft. Which means it needs staff, scripters, coders and whatever else to push this, which also means close to full creative control to the pvp ruleset server

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Could be scripting. I'm just saying, I dont have the time and will gladly push it forward, but I cant dedicate 40+ hours a week like I used to to Herocraft. Which means it needs staff, scripters, coders and whatever else to push this, which also means close to full creative control to the pvp ruleset server
I don’t really know how to run a server, but I can gladly throw time into scripting and staffing.

I’m more interested in this than I expected originally.

AtomicTempest

Legacy Supporter 9
I can throw time into staffing maybe scripting if I find some more time my college is starting in few weeks so I will try to organize my time, however I'm definitely up for it ! Kain do you have any old herocraft scripted damage and skills so we can have a starting point ?

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
If there is ever an issue the scripting/coding team can’t figure out, they can feel free to pm me on the forums as I won’t have enough time to be a full member of the team, but would still love to make this server a reality.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I would love to do it - However - I'm working 6 days/Week every other week and also trying to manage a relationship + sleep. Moderation and lending a hand is on the table - but I cant organize this whole thing - how times change... lol

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don’t really know how to run a server, but I can gladly throw time into scripting and staffing.

I’m more interested in this than I expected originally.
I can throw time into staffing maybe scripting if I find some more time my college is starting in few weeks so I will try to organize my time, however I'm definitely up for it ! Kain do you have any old herocraft scripted damage and skills so we can have a starting point ?
Besides Kain tho - That means we need someone who can dedicate time and manage this project.
The hosting can be supplied, I dont even mind "running" it - but there needs to be someone that understands the day to day. The first step is agreeing on what the server should be and its goal/vision and then the next pieces fall into place.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
The hosting can be supplied, I dont even mind "running" it - but there needs to be someone that understands the day to day. The first step is agreeing on what the server should be and its goal/vision and then the next pieces fall into place.

Elaborate on "understands the day to day"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Elaborate on "understands the day to day"
  • How to restart server
  • How to document bugs, report to the devs (may be public devs)
  • How to read error reports and fix necessary scripting issues if scripters bork stuff
  • Be around for server restarts to push scripting changes and ensure it goes to dev > test > prod first.
  • Active in the community to hear issues and gather feedback on bug reports and point to the right person

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
  • How to restart server
  • How to read error reports and fix necessary scripting issues if scripters bork stuff
  • Be around for server restarts to push scripting changes and ensure it goes to dev > test > prod first.
  • Active in the community to hear issues and gather feedback on bug reports and point to the right person
I'm fine doing stuff like this, and I'm happy to work with balance stuff and other ideas. My concern is just that I don't want to throw a lot of my time into this and only like 10 people end up playing, you know?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
  • How to restart server
Ooo! I had to restart and push stuff to event and test. If it’s anything like that was I’d just need a quick refresh on what I was doing.

I actually seemed to do a lot of this on test so I’d imagine I could do it again.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm fine doing stuff like this, and I'm happy to work with balance stuff and other ideas. My concern is just that I don't want to throw a lot of my time into this and only like 10 people end up playing, you know?
Ooo! I had to restart and push stuff to event and test. If it’s anything like that was I’d just need a quick refresh on what I was doing.

I actually seemed to do a lot of this on test so I’d imagine I could do it again.
I.E We need to elect a Face for the server.
A singular face is bad... it was a mistaken not having 3 people involved in decision making.
Looks like we have at LEAST two that want to work behind the scenes... thats good.

I trust Rumble, LordZelkova and by a lesser extension Irish not to shaft everyones dreams...

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
No harm giving it a go. Don't have to spend 5 hours a day preparing for this, can take time with it.

Worth making some new changes for the fun of it, nothing exactly like the past.