• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A new take on towns

_AMPLiFY

Legacy Supporter 4
I know this topic comes up way too much for its own good, but I feel with a new map around the corner it is something the admins should consider.

I personally feel that the best way to keep a strong community filled with frequent players is to have less towns. With less towns there will be more citizens in each town allowing them to act more as a nation with infrastructure, a working government, so on and so forth.

I know some players won't like this but I have an idea to please people from the other side. Each town (depending on size) will be allowed X amount of outposts. An outpost will essentially be a much, much smaller region within a reasonable distance of the main town run by. This will allow for more players to have control over their own territory while still keeping the 'nation' feel.

With this proposal I will suggest a hard cap of 5-6 towns (not including outposts). This will force players to broaden their scope and get to know more people on the server while forging new alliances among existing towns.

Anyway, that is my opinion!

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments (I love reading what you think about this)
_AMPLiFY

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree. I also think it would be cool if each town had a unique feature about it. Such as a town who focused on cutting wood or a town focused on mining. I think that would bring an RPG feel to the server but it would be a pain to organize and actually go live on the server.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I know right, so maybe my idea of 5-6 is too high?
1 Kingdom = 2-3 towns, so 8-9 towns cap would be fine (If these towns go together and make a Kingdom of course) The township cost should be sky high (So more people needs to band together). If the towns would settle down the main roads, it would make more activity down the roads aswell (Which is a good thing)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I like the idea of less townships, outposts too. A limit of 5-6, however, is a little too extreme. Kainzo is going to make a limit of 25 or so in the next map, allowing both independant and joined towns (maybe we'll see a kingdom? :p).

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
4 Corners of the map
4 allowed Kingdoms
8 allowed Towns

I know I kinda fucked up running Moria, but getting a job with 50 hour weeks wasn't part of my plan, this time I will just join another town and be the best I can be in their town.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
4 Corners of the map
4 allowed Kingdoms
8 allowed Towns

I know I kinda fucked up running Moria, but getting a job with 50 hour weeks wasn't part of my plan, this time I will just join another town and be the best I can be in their town.
Need at least 3 towns for 1 kingdom and one being a capital.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I only know of 2 kingdoms re-appearing on the next map, RoT and XD. Any others planned yet? Raubtier, FE guys?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
RoT was called KO last map, derp. The RoT members was spread all over different HC towns in Dragon, but it seems like they're making a comeback from Zeal.

TwoWattWaffle

Legacy Supporter 3
I really like where this is going. Maybe make the outposts 25 radius regions that can be assigned to 3-5 players who are apart of your town. The only downside is I have plans to rebuild an old city I was mayor of, so this will mean I have to rush to it. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Personally I think that a town cap of around 20 is enough. With the automation of town taxes and soon if not already un-regioning when towns fail to meet their requirements I think that townships will be a lot more prominent and larger communities should form.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
RoT was called KO last map, derp. The RoT members was spread all over different HC towns in Dragon, but it seems like they're making a comeback from Zeal.

KO = Continuation of RoT - But NOT a Realm. RoV (The new one) is a Realm.

RoT= Realm of Truth, that was Spire and some other towns, @pandaman7 was one of the mayors I believe.

Yep =) moi/madsplatter/pandaman7/heylookitskyle/leeness/dils1/(At one point Player_189 and Whiteninja) were the leaders of the RoT, though dils will probably argue that he wasn't.. :p

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
A cap of 15-20 would be enough. Its a nice idea to have 2-3 kingdoms going at each other the whole map but that removes a good deal of the creativity from the map and it would push away players who want to form their own little communities. This map if you think about it, if there was a cap of like 3 kingdoms, the only kingdoms that would have existed were XD, lorien and probably whatever kingdom Erebos was going to make. As much as I dislike the numerous dead towns on Dragongarde, I feel like a horribly constricting cap isn't the answer but rather a looser cap with more strict taxes and citizen audits.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
looser cap with more strict taxes and citizen audits.
The point in the town cap is not to help with inactive towns. It's there to group people up more so we don't end up with 50+ 5 man towns like we did this map.

We the taxes are already automated in Herotowns so you better keep up with them ;D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The point in the town cap is not to help with inactive towns. It's there to group people up more so we don't end up with 50+ 5 man towns like we did this map.

We the taxes are already automated in Herotowns so you better keep up with them ;D
Will it be possible to pay taxes some weeks beforehand in the new system? Also, will Managers be able to pay taxes aswell?