• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A new take on towns

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The point in the town cap is not to help with inactive towns. It's there to group people up more so we don't end up with 50+ 5 man towns like we did this map.

We the taxes are already automated in Herotowns so you better keep up with them ;D
By looser cap I meant like 15-20 not 50 lol. I understand its going to be there to group people up, but I don't like the idea of forcing people to only have 2-3 choices as to the group they want to be in. I feel like every town has to pay its taxes on time (plugin will help with that a ton) or lose its regions and that they would need at least 10 active citizens audited every week or two. A strict cap isn't entirely necessary, but restrictions are. I just feel like the restrictions should be set in a place other than a massively constricting cap like 10 towns only.

With a double restriction in place, one being a loose town cap, the other being a strict audit/tax system I feel it will either force players to work really hard to keep their silly 10 man town or create larger groups. I know most people don't like the whole "if you work hard enough you can keep your small town" but I personally feel that it is reasonable to allow it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I guess I just miss understood your wording :p
But ye a 20ish cap is exactly what we have in mind atm and I'm pretty sure I mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
20-25 cap is perfect, it'd be pretty meh if only a few kingdoms existed in the entire map because people who weren't in these extremely organised kingdoms wouldn't be able to give town-making a shot themselves, and towns would never really lift off after earlygame.

While I support outposts, which are a nice idea, Herocraft has never been about a select few towns but rather a broad spectrum of them. Yes, this went too far in Dragongarde with a huge number of townships inactive, but I feel that rather than restricting towns we should be encouraging active ones as the automated tax system will now do. Capping at 5-6 towns kills any potential empires and leaves all of the fun just for the main Kingdoms, meaning independent factions would pretty much cease to exist. Large communities are great, but people like having their own smaller communities too.

Small towns need love too. If they're paying the tax, they're active and expanding - and they are the seeds for future large communities. We need them, and they deserve a chance.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Will it be possible to pay taxes some weeks beforehand in the new system? Also, will Managers be able to pay taxes aswell?
There is a town bank. It automatically pulls from the bank once a week. Anyone can drop money into the bank.