• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A new policy

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, here the deal for this suggestion some people I'm not going to name names for sheer fact of avoiding trolling or flaming but they have been using personal regions to cover someones death chest. This completly defeats the purpose of the death chest its to encourage more pvp but when you have no chance at getting your gear back for another fight it kills off most of the pvp. I've noticed there is currently no rule or policy about using personal regions on this matter but I believe there should be for the pvp sake of the server and for pve as well just because you dont die to another player doesn't mean you can't be affected by this. I personally think it should be the region removed and possibly a fine after so many infractions.

And as a side note is there is any policy on the lwc plugin glitch with iron doors as to what happens if its done. Thank you for your time.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly I disagree, several times I've killed someone and not regioned their death chest and then they use the 7 minutes to gather a 10 man army to come and kill me. Regioning it means that even if they come back with 10 people then you still get the items that you have won.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I see where your coming from judge but for a lot of people they enjoy more pvp more than items so the regioning kind of kills the feeling of pvp if there is no chance to try and get your stuff back. And on the 10 man army thing some towns like to help their members more than others I know here lately LO has been out and about more

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
What themeoff said in the original post, regioning the chest entirely defeats the purpose of the deathchest in the first place. It is dumb how people do it, (not going to be specific with who). It just seems like a poor sport move, to make it impossible to obtain the chest.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
People do this? Lame.

The smallest personal region should cost a minimum of 250c to lay down. That way you at least have to take a gamble on your victim having 250c worth of stuff when they die.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, this is a really dick move.
If someone feels like using money and powers to do this they should be allowed.
In my eyes deathchest shouldn't even apply to PVP deaths.
It should be for PVE/terrain death.

When you win a PVP fight you should not wait 300 secounds to get the reward.
As it is now when you win, you have to wait 300sec, then if you get attacked by someone and not win again you never even earned your reward, but lost since you had to camp a chest.

(I know this was a little off topic)

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
The way I have managed to get around this is to LWC the death chest perma to force them to remove the personal region but this isn't ideal unless you have free donor LWC's.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
In my opinion, there shouldn't be death chests to begin with. If I kill someone, I should get their stuff. Simple as that. Why should someone have the chance of getting their stuff back when they lost the fight? I region death chests partly to troll the person, but also to make sure I get the loot that I deserve.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Panda and everyone else complaining about death chests this isn't about them it about the ability to use regioning to both kill off most pvp and exploit some areas I could careless about death chests being in game but the regioning needs to addressed. I both do over and pvp I could careless that I lose items its more about the sheer disregard of trying to play fairly just because you have personal regions shouldn't allow you to insta secure a chest. I love fight more over chests just for the fact its fun but regioning gives the feeling of (pardon language) fuck it.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I feel as though deathchests should be brought back to being T7 or whatever tier they were only, to limit the amount of them and cut this problem off at the neck.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I feel as though deathchests should be brought back to being T7 or whatever tier they were only, to limit the amount of them and cut this problem off at the neck.
Was like T3 for a single chest.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Really not sure how or why death chests started being LWC'd by everyone that died. Check test permissions - Danda, i dont think its set wrongly.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
This seems like the age-old argument of 'I just want to pvp' vs. 'I just want to get loot'. My death chest has been regioned before. I know I didn't have 250c worth of stuff, so it was really just to be a dick that it was done. But at least the guy stayed with the chest until I managed to get a towny to come and help me chase/kill him. If he was after loot he sure was going for the wrong person. I will give him the respect though for actually wanted to pvp and not just acquire loot. (After it was all said and done this player truly did give me back my stuff.)

Nothing's wrong with death chest. True pvpers will be glad to get another crack at the person that killed them. If not, they know that person is still around and should bring a friend or townmate for help. Another good reason to be in a town. If anything, death chest increases the chances of pvp happening. Now if you just want loot and not pvp, than death chest should go. As stated at the beginning, a clear argument of 'I want pvp' vs 'I want loot'.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Is the issue that you can lwc a deathchest, or is it that you can lwc a dirt lock on the deathchest? If its the former, it HAS to be a glitch.

If it is the latter, please make the LWC for any block that is not a Door (or entryway block like gate, trapdoor etc) or a Chest NON-REFUNDABLE when broken. That will stop dirt lock regioning unless they think/know that the chest will be worth it!

EDIT: if tools are running around using Residences to do this, increase additional residence cost to include a high blanket fee, regardless of the number of blocks regioned, and that fee would be paid each time a region was created.

thoughts?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
It is my understanding the person dies and then someone puts dirt around the chest and regions that. Then can then go in and open the chest and remove the regions.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion, there shouldn't be death chests to begin with. If I kill someone, I should get their stuff. Simple as that. Why should someone have the chance of getting their stuff back when they lost the fight? I region death chests partly to troll the person, but also to make sure I get the loot that I deserve.

Do you DESERVE the loot if you can not hold and defend the deathchest? Especially from a player who starts naked however far away at the GY? How about if you have to use a plugin to hold on to it, deserve it then?

lol Im just wondering. Edit: -1 for removing deathchests, solely based on PvE utility, they are great!

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
Do you DESERVE the loot if you can not hold and defend the deathchest? Especially from a player who starts naked however far away at the GY? How about if you have to use a plugin to hold on to it, deserve it then?

lol Im just wondering. Edit: -1 for removing deathchests, solely based on PvE utility, they are great!

Honestly I disagree, several times I've killed someone and not regioned their death chest and then they use the 7 minutes to gather a 10 man army to come and kill me. Regioning it means that even if they come back with 10 people then you still get the items that you have won.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that if they raise an army in 7 minutes, you have only won the battle not the war, and the war is what decides who gets loot.

Edit: seeing a stronger army spring to life should be an indication of lots of valuables in the chest, and you could always do the same! Or they hate you for killing their friend, and you shouldnt be alone right now.

Edit2: <3 Panda

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
IMHO, death chests make a lot of sense for PvE deaths, but less so for PvP. If I get killed by a player, they should be able to loot my sad corpse immediately. But I also fall to my death a lot... And get whacked by ninja creepers... A lot... And in those cases, it is nice to have my stuff stored in a chest until I get back. It doesn't really need to be LWC'ed.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I would love to see the minimum cost of personal regions go up to 100c. I think 250c is to much and if someone is willing to put forth 100c they they are at least serious about getting the loot. ;)

On the derail of death chests, I personally like the fact that EVERYONE gets them. I would say donors get +1 min per tier perhaps but everyone should get at least 5 minutes of time to recover their gear.