• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Different Type of PvP

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
After some random conversations with @Plasma78 both of us came up with an idea for a new type of PvP. It pretty much gives your character Max Level in your class. This should obviously be in a controlled envoirment. My main idea was to have this implemented in a PvP Arena where is mainly 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3. Im sure theres a way to make it so when a player teleports into a area, he/she can gain maxium level. This allows you to show off how good you are against other people or show off to your friends how many kills you have in Max PvP. I got the idea off Guild Wars 2 where they talked about how they are going to implement a PvP enviorment where they can battle out with maxium armor, skills, Health, and weapons depending on your class.. That lead to the idea where when you do decide to enter and sign up, you wont have to bring anything but your food you ate to get here. You would be supplied with the items you need and the armor you need including 5 potions of your choice. This allows you to create a very crude version of a class "build." Not only does this allow you to see who would be the top PvPer in the class, but allows staff to monitor and watch the classes and help with the balancing of the classes. It also allows you to setup a duel where a level 3 caster can end a dispute against a level 55 dragoon. If its possible, Kainzo could setup a server wide scoreboard per season.

I'm not trying to make Minecraft into something that its not but the concept might be able to make its way into Herocraft.
Thanks for reading! :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
this would allow for a players skills to be shown off. Much like the class battles Kainzo was talking about.
This would level the playing field much like NASCAR, everyone has the same class as your opponent, same gear, same amount of goods for your skills.

The player would sign up for coins or something, like an event, and be given a basic class kit. His opponent would be given the same. same skills, same class, same level. After combat the kit and skills would be taken away and player returned to his level/class outside the battle area.

Might even be able to mix n match for the higher ranking stuff, like closer to end of season, top wizard takes on top beguiler, etc.

One player might even be able to be top dog so to speak.

I see this inside a large dome type field, with lots of room for spectators, which would get charged coin to spectate this battle of skills.

@FuturizeHandgun Woooot !!!!!

This may take an insane amount of coding, and might not be even possible, but the idea is there :)

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
Not to forget, it can also have the feature where your class is maxed and so is your opponent for example, a Geomancer agianst a Bloodmage, or a Dragoon against a Ninja. Like I said before, it also allows staff to monitor which class is the dominant to help tune down its power to make all 4 base classes at a equal level.;)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
After some random conversations with @Plasma78 both of us came up with an idea for a new type of PvP. It pretty much gives your character Max Level in your class. This should obviously be in a controlled envoirment. My main idea was to have this implemented in a PvP Arena where is mainly 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3. Im sure theres a way to make it so when a player teleports into a area, he/she can gain maxium level. This allows you to show off how good you are against other people or show off to your friends how many kills you have in Max PvP. I got the idea off Guild Wars 2 where they talked about how they are going to implement a PvP enviorment where they can battle out with maxium armor, skills, Health, and weapons depending on your class.. That lead to the idea where when you do decide to enter and sign up, you wont have to bring anything but your food you ate to get here. You would be supplied with the items you need and the armor you need including 5 potions of your choice. This allows you to create a very crude version of a class "build." Not only does this allow you to see who would be the top PvPer in the class, but allows staff to monitor and watch the classes and help with the balancing of the classes. It also allows you to setup a duel where a level 3 caster can end a dispute against a level 55 dragoon. If its possible, Kainzo could setup a server wide scoreboard per season.

I'm not trying to make Minecraft into something that its not but the concept might be able to make its way into Herocraft.
Thanks for reading! :)
I love this idea! But I'm pretty sure we made Minecraft into something it isn't when PvP was introduced :p

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
no thank you.
Dont like it? you dont have to engage in the combat. :) your free to choose.. those that want to do this will go do this.
those that don't like it, doesn't affect them in any form. they are free to dig, mine, or get their heads ripped clean off by the endermen.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I like this idea, reminds me of Guild Wars in which you could choose to make a PvP character and get max level right away but only partake in the PvP arenas.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
I dont like it, it caters to instant gratification and a general slacker mentality (for a game like this).

agentjwall

Godly
Isn't this what the balance team is for? I feel that If we give players access to max level skills any time they'll no longer want to level. Players will spend most of there time in this arena instead of in the actual world, and will get bored of their limited environment more quickly. Players will demand change or leave because of boredom...

It's a vicious cycle that only ends up hurting the server.

Enjoy what we have now, have a little faith in the balance team, and let the server take it's course.

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
My idea was to have it as a form of a event where every month or so one of the admins will anounce that they are opening up the Max Arena and people will start and sign up. Also i was thinking that every time you join it would cost a diamond or gold. Some form of item that has some value.