• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Beginner Guide to Herocraft!(2014-June-01)

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Ask most rich players on the server and you will no doubt here about them Mining for gold. It's where the money is at! If it isn't easy, what is an easy way?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, but he said it's an easy way to get money, but it's not really easy to find gold.

It's not that easy to kill 60-120 creepers either. Unless you are a class that has root or web.(web is what we saw on weynards HC trailer, coolest skill none of you ever knew existed :p)

So I think it's a good compromise. Sure it's rare, but it's still there. It's definitely the fastest way to get rich.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
It's not that easy to kill 60-120 creepers either. Unless you are a class that has root or web.(web is what we saw on weynards HC trailer, coolest skill none of you ever knew existed :p)

So I think it's a good compromise. Sure it's rare, but it's still there. It's definitely the fastest way to get rich.
What is the promo video called? I cannot find it...

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I've already PM'd @Domitius my summary of Heroes. I tried to keep it as in laymans terms as possible so it will be easily understood by all!

Edit: No sign of Domi online to update his post, so I will give you all a preview! If it looks familar its because I took one of my previous summaries of heroes and made it more detailed. Still very similar though!

(note there is no intro, I left that for Domi :) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warrior (likes to hit stuff and get hit)
The Warrior path gains more HP than the other paths. They don't do as much damage as the Caster or Rogue paths do, but they tend to make up for it with their higher HP and permissions to use armor. They get two skills, Taunt and Shield. Shield reduces damage when you are holding a wooden or iron door. Taunt aggros all nearby mobs to you.

Rogue (likes to hit things and kill them, and doesn't like to get hit)
The Rogue class doesn't get as much HP as the some of the other paths. However they do the most damage per hit with melee weapons(Iron Swords). They get a skill called sneak, which immitates the name hiding effect you get from crouching. So you name can't be seen through blocks, and you can move at full speed.

Caster (likes to kill things in one hit using magic, will die if they get hit)
The Caster gets a few more skills than the Warrior and the Rogue, such as Consume, Telekinesis, and Fireball. The Caster's bread and butter is fireball, for it can be bound to their melee weapon(Iron Hoe) and used to fight at a distance, before going in for the kill. The fireball causes a slight damage over time effect, and can be the winning factor in a PVP or PVE fight. Consume trades one cookie from your inventory for a mana restore, and Telekinesis activates levers, switches, and buttons from a distance.

Healer (loves to heal people who like to get hit (like warriors))
The Healer class is unique because after minecraft 1.8, food no longer directly restores HP. In minecraft 1.9 people will have to rely on Potions to restore health quickly to gain an edge in a fight. With the Healer path, you can aid your comrades in battle by providing the instant health restoration that food used to provide using bandage. Like Casters they also get consume, and they get a unique skill called Antidote, where they can remove poison, again without the use of 1.9's potions.

Crafter (for people who want to make alot of money, and want to get killed by monsters and people)
The Crafter is a special class that when at max level, can specialize into classes that get exclusive access to many powerful utility mods and restricted vanilla features, such as Falsebook, Pistons, Shears, weapon Smithing, and the almighty Diamond Pickaxe. Currently there are rumors of changing the way you play a crafter class, so this section will be expanded later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMPORTANT: When you get a path to level 50, and you have some cash(500 coins). You can then "specialize" (or spec for short) into a new class. It's these classes that have all the cool skills.

Warrior Classes:
Dragoon - The hunters of the Warrior path, there is no escape
Dreadknight - The anti-mage. Destroyer of the arcane, and pretty well rounded.
Paladin - Holy warriors bosting the highest HP of all Heroes, and can wear Diamond chestplates, and Diamond leggins, more diamond than any other class can.
Samurai - Masters of the blade. The Samurai do the most damage out of all the Warrior specs.

Rogue Classes:
Beastmaster - The brutes of Heroes. They have the highest HP of all rouge classes and deal the same with their axe as Samurai's do with their swords. Best described by this video: http://youtu.be/J9hXyT3nRa8 (skip to 5 minutes in)
Thief - Thieves, and true example of freedom. Thieves come and go as they please, and have skills talored to getting them out of bad situations(getting into them is usually your fault)
Ninja - Ninjas are masters of stealth. They deal the highest damage in the game, however they cannot act as a tank. Use stealth, trickery, and sneaky moves to get an edge in battle!
Ranger - The Trackers of Heroes. The Ranger can use their bow to hunt down any foe. They can also get ppls coords.

Caster Classes:
Wizard - Masters of the arcane. They can teleport around like it's nothing and even call down lighting bolts from the skies above.
Geomancer - Masters of magic. Geomancers can use a variety of magical abilities to lay waste to multiple challengers all on his/her own.
Necromancer - Masters of the dead, and the Nether. Much like the Geomancer, but with different set of skills and can teleport into the Nether.
Enchanter - Masters of well...Enchantment! Enchanters bring many benefits to a party, with a variety of buffs and harmful effects. They don't stand up to well on their own, but can secure victory for a team easily.

Healer Classes:
Cleric - From hope comes power! The cleric is a must have for a good team. They can easily defend themselves, and heal their allies as much as needed with ease.
Bloodmage - Hope it's not claymidia. There's something in the blood of every Bloodmage, and it usually involves healing just yourself and killing everything in your way.
Druid - Even mother nature is on your side! Druids provide the best party based healing in Heroes, they also can teleport themselves to spwan whenever they wish!
Monk - Monks are diciplined fighters who can summon a force great enough to move their enemies with their minds. They also punch really hard.

note: Due to pending changes to the Crafter way of life, I'm leaving this at bare bones for now. Will expand later.
Crafter Classes:
Mason - Exclusive Falsebook use ( they get [GATE], [LIFT], [BRIDGE] )
Alchemist - Exclusive Cauldron use (they can make unattainable blocks like Ice and Mossy Cobble)
Engineer - Exclusive IC use and Piston use
Smith - Can repair weapons and armor

@TheMormon

@toadsworth29

You two know you wanna fix my grammar before Domi puts in my summary ;)

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
That's it, I'm taking the easy way. Also, only because you asked specifically! :D
*Copies and pastes Dielan's message*

***EDIT COMPLETE***

I've already PM'd @Domitius my summary of Heroes. I tried to keep it as in laymans terms as possible so it will be easily understood by all!
Edit: No sign of Domi online to update his post, so I will give you all a preview! If it looks familar it's because I took one of my previous summaries of Heroes and made it more detailed. Still very similar though!

(Note there is no intro, I left that for Domi :) )​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Warrior (likes to hit stuff and get hit):
The Warrior path gains more HP than the other paths. They don't do as much damage as the Caster or Rogue paths do, but they tend to make up for it with their higher HP and permissions to use armor. They get two skills, Taunt and Shield. Shield reduces damage when you are holding a wooden or iron door. Taunt aggros all nearby mobs to you.

Rogue (likes to hit things and kill them, and doesn't like to get hit):
The Rogue class doesn't get as much HP as the some of the other paths. However they do the most damage per hit with melee weapons (Iron Swords). They get a skill called sneak, which immitates the name hiding effect you get from crouching. So you name can't be seen through blocks, and you can move at full speed.

Caster (likes to kill things in one hit using magic, will die if they get hit):
The Caster gets a few more skills than the Warrior and the Rogue, such as Consume, Telekinesis, and Fireball. The Caster's bread and butter is fireball, for it can be bound to their melee weapon (Iron Hoe) and used to fight at a distance, before going in for the kill. The fireball causes a slight damage over time effect, and can be the winning factor in a PVP or PVE fight. Consume trades one cookie from your inventory for a mana restore, and Telekinesis activates levers, switches, and buttons from a distance.

Healer (loves to heal people who like to get hit {like warriors}):
The Healer class is unique because after minecraft 1.8, food no longer directly restores HP. In minecraft 1.9 people will have to rely on Potions to restore health quickly to gain an edge in a fight. With the Healer path, you can aid your comrades in battle by providing the instant health restoration that food used to provide using bandage. Like Casters, they also get consume, and they get a unique skill called Antidote, where they can remove poison, again without the use of 1.9's potions.

Crafter (for people who want to make alot of money, and want to get killed by monsters and people):
The Crafter is a special class that when at max level, can specialize into classes that get exclusive access to many powerful utility mods and restricted vanilla features, such as Falsebook, Pistons, Shears, weapon Smithing, and the almighty Diamond Pickaxe. Currently there are rumors of changing the way you play a crafter class, so this section will be expanded later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMPORTANT: When you get a path to level 50, and you have some cash (500 coins), you can then "specialize" (or spec for short) into a new class. It's these classes that have all the cool skills.

Warrior Classes:
Dragoon - The hunters of the Warrior path, there is no escape.
Dreadknight - The anti-mage. Destroyer of the arcane, and pretty well rounded.
Paladin - Holy warriors boasting the highest HP of all Heroes, and can wear Diamond chestplates, and Diamond leggings, more diamond than any other class can.
Samurai - Masters of the blade. The Samurai do the most damage out of all of the Warrior specs.

Rogue Classes:
Beastmaster - The brutes of Heroes. They have the highest HP of all rouge classes and deal the same with their axe as Samurai's do with their swords. Best described by this video: http://youtu.be/J9hXyT3nRa8 (skip to 5 minutes in).
Thief - Thieves, and a true example of freedom. Thieves come and go as they please, and have skills tailored to getting them out of bad situations (getting into them is usually your fault).
Ninja - Ninjas are masters of stealth. They deal the highest damage in the game, however they cannot act as a tank. Use stealth, trickery, and sneaky moves to get an edge in battle!
Ranger - The Trackers of Heroes. The Ranger can use their bow to hunt down any foe. They can also get peoples co-ords.

Caster Classes:
Wizard - Masters of the arcane. They can teleport around like it's nothing and even call down lighting bolts from the skies above.
Geomancer - Masters of magic. Geomancers can use a variety of magical abilities to lay waste to multiple challengers all on his/her own.
Necromancer - Masters of the dead, and the Nether. Much like the Geomancer, but with different set of skills and can teleport into the Nether.
Enchanter - Masters of well... Enchantment! Enchanters bring many benefits to a party, with a variety of buffs and harmful effects. They don't stand up to well on their own, but can secure victory for a team easily.

Healer Classes:
Cleric - From hope comes power! The cleric is a must have for a good team. They can easily defend themselves, and heal their allies as much as needed with ease.
Bloodmage - Hope it's not chlamydia. There's something in the blood of every Bloodmage, and it usually involves healing just yourself and killing everything in your way.
Druid - Even mother nature is on your side! Druids provide the best party based healing in Heroes, and they can also teleport themselves to spwan whenever they wish!
Monk - Monks are disciplined fighters who can summon a force great enough to move their enemies with their minds. They also punch really hard.

Crafter Classes:
Mason - Exclusive Falsebook use ( they get [GATE], [LIFT], [BRIDGE], etc., ).
Alchemist - Exclusive Cauldron use (they can make unattainable blocks like Ice and Mossy Cobble).
Engineer - Exclusive IC use and Piston use.
Smith - Can repair weapons and armor.
Note: Due to pending changes to the Crafter way of life, I'm leaving this at bare bones for now. Will expand later.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
You're smoking crack, there wasn't an extra
tag there.

Also HUGE thanks to @Dielan9999 for that detailed description of Heroes! Fucking A mang![/quote]

Haha thanks domi! Don't forget to but The Mormon's edits in there! My grammar is terrible. It's still my summary, he just made it look nice :)

As for the summary, what can I say? I was very bored at work yesterday!

EDIT: @Domitius @TheMormon

I will probably be bored at work today too. So I'll make edits in regards to the new Bard rogue class and the removal/merging of the Thief class into the Ninja class.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
This is starting to turn into Dielans Guide :p Chest shops might need to be a different thread though, beginners don't need chest shops off the bat.(Just saying, doesn't mean we can't throw it in)