• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
*Updated Bmod to latest - massive performance improvements
*Smiths can now repair Shears!
*Use Flag for regions is now removed, use iron doors!
*Root Skill is now functioning properly!
*Beastmaster: -> Gills -> level 20
*Cleric: Smite -> 40% mana (from 100%)
*Bloodmage: Dispel -> level 40
*Recipe Changes -> http://pastie.org/private/i9qqzjcke2ezbh8pnkia

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Gills lets you breathe underwater for longer than the typical 10 air bubble you get...I think...

I think I've heard that it requires an empty bucket?
...but I agree that these "updates" always give far too little descriptive information. :( Cool if you're a programmer and have developed it, but for 99% of us, it's just like "Huh? What the heck does that do?"

R3xz

Glowstone
Anyone with an empty bucket could be underwater however long they want lol.
Every time you take out water there's an empty air pocket that reset your bubble meter.
Perhaps make it so that underwater travel is faster than normal :D

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I think I've heard that it requires an empty bucket?
...but I agree that these "updates" always give far too little descriptive information. :( Cool if you're a programmer and have developed it, but for 99% of us, it's just like "Huh? What the heck does that do?"
Don't you remember Notch's "Seekrit" updates? Finding out what's changed is half the fun!

R3xz

Glowstone
Alator is the first M.BM already, and ya can ask him when he's online i guess.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yup! Was on vacation this past week. Gills makes it so you take no damage when you run out of air.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Protip: type /hero who [class] to see all online players of that class. There's usually at least one of everything online!

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
@Kainzo

My fiancee Adarah just got to Alchemist today, and I was heartbroken when I saw the changes made. I think the materials required for such are not so good. When I think of alchemy, I think of irrational items mixed together like a witch's brew. However, the current set of recipes to me is boring and unimaginative, or downright wrong. As it stands now...

Grass (2) - 2 saplings, 3 dirt
Leaves (3) - 3 saplings, 3 grass
Clay (1) - 3 sand, 3 dirt, 1 diamond
Mossy (4) - 1 diamond, 3 grass, 3 cobblestone
Ice (2) - 4 water buckets, 4 snow blocks
Snow Dirt (2) - 4 snow blocks, 4 dirt
Sugar Cane (1) - 4 leaves, 4 dirt
Brown Mushroom (1) - 4 dirt, 4 redstone
Red Mushroom (1) - 4 grass, 4 redstone
Yellow Flower (1) - 1 wood log, 3 dirt, 4 torches
Red Rose (1) - 1 wood log, 3 dirt, 4 redstone
Lapis Lazuli Block (1) - 2 obsidian, 2 clay, 4 redstone
Slimeball (1) - 1 Lapis Lazuli Block, 1 diamond, 16 brown mushrooms, 16 red mushrooms, 1 leaves
Cocoa Beans (2) - 1 clay, 1 water bucket, 4 dirt
Iron Ingot (5) - 5 iron ore, 1 lava bucket
Gold Ingot (5) - 5 gold ore, 1 lava bucket
Smoothstone (5) - 5 cobblestone, 1 lava bucket
Brick (5) - 5 clay, 1 lava bucket
Glass (4) - 4 torches, 4 sand
Chainmail Chest (1) - 8 iron ingots, 1 lava bucket
Chainmail Legs (1) - 7 iron ingots, 1 lava bucket
Chainmail Boots (1) - 4 iron ingots, 1 lava bucket
Chainmail Helm (1) - 5 iron ingots, 1 lava bucket

A few things I would like to point out:

1. The recipes that call for diamonds instead of iron ingots (like before) severely limits the number of blocks that can be made, including: clay, mossy cobblestone, slimeballs, lapis lazuli blocks, cocoa beans and brick. Not only is this insanely expensive, it actually can discourage using any of the recipes...
- Clay is VERY rare on this map due to a bug in Notch's 1.6 map code, and no one should have to suffer so greatly for this.
- Mossy cobblestone is somewhat rare, but does not justify a diamond just to produce 4 blocks of it.
- Lapis Lazuli has been very easy for me to find, so spending clay (diamonds) and obby to get 1 block of it is not in my best interests.
- Cocoa Beans, while very rare (only found in dungeons), spending a diamond and a lava bucket just for 2 seems ridiculous.
2. Any recipe that uses a bucket should have the bucket returned afterwards. Consuming the bucket is not only expensive but illogical, especially when it comes to making things such as cocoa beans and ice. This adds an iron ingot cost to the item, thus making it expensive. Not many will want to shell out a lot of coin for such little product.
3.) Other recipes are simply unbalanced and therefore a waste of materials or time spent. These recipes are meant to serve the Alchemist in not only creating unique and rare items, but also providing the Alchemist with a source of income for the hard work spent in doing so.
4.) There is no recipe for pumpkins. While these are so rare that they are no longer available, Alchemists should be allowed to make these, as they are a requirement for town upgrades.

This is how I feel the recipes should work. Any recipe that requires a water/lava bucket will return empty buckets along with the finished item. I would appreciate you looking over them to see if they fit in the theme of Herocraft...

Alchemy Recipes
Grass (4) - 4 saplings, 4 dirt
Clay (4) - 8 sand, 8 dirt, 8 flint, 1 water bucket*
Mossy (4) - 4 grass, 4 cobblestone, 4 bonemeal, 1 water bucket*
Ice (qty. 4) - 8 snow blocks, 1 water bucket*
Snow Dirt (4) - 4 snow blocks, 1 dirt (NOTE: this recipe is for the snow that caps dirt/grass, not a full-sized block)
Sugar Cane (1) - 2 leaves, 2 dirt, 1 bonemeal
Brown Mushroom (1) - 4 dirt, 4 redstone torches
Red Mushroom (1) - 4 grass, 4 redstone torches
Yellow Flower (4) - 4 dirt, 4 seeds, 4 leaves
Red Rose (4) - 4 dirt, 4 seeds, 4 redstone
Lapis Lazuli Block (1) - 2 obsidian, 2 clay, 4 redstone, 1 lava bucket*
Slimeball (1) - 7 brown mushrooms, 5 red mushrooms, 5 raw fish, 3 bones, 4 sulphur, 1 water bucket*
Cocoa Beans (1) - 1 clay, 4 dirt, 4 seeds, 1 water bucket*
Pumpkin (1) - 1 diamond, 16 leaves, 64 brown mushrooms, 64 red mushrooms, 1 water bucket*

Smelting
Iron Ingot (5) - 5 iron ore, 1 lava bucket*
Gold Ingot (5) - 5 gold ore, 1 lava bucket*

Iron/Gold Recycling
Iron Ingot (2) - 5 iron swords, 3 redstone (alternative to repairing, melts down iron for reuse)
Iron Ingot (1) - 5 iron shovels, 3 redstone (alternative to repairing, melts down iron for reuse)
Iron Ingot (3) - 5 iron pickaxes, 3 redstone (alternative to repairing, melts down iron for reuse)
Iron Ingot (3) - 5 iron axes, 3 redstone (alternative to repairing, melts down iron for reuse)
Iron Ingot (2) - 5 iron hoes, 3 redstone (alternative to repairing, melts down iron for reuse)
Iron Ingot (3) - 1 minecart, 3 redstone
Iron Ingot (1) - 1 bucket, 3 redstone
Iron Ingot (2) - 1 iron door, 3 redstone
Iron Ingot (1) - 1 compass, 3 redstone
Gold Ingot (1) - 1 clock, 3 redstone

Transmutation (this was an idea I had, given the costs of materials vs. gold market value)
Gold Ingot (1) - 1 diamond, 16 iron ore, 16 redstone, 1 lava bucket*

Armor Creation
Chainmail Chest (1) - 8 iron ingots, 2 redstone, 1 lava bucket*
Chainmail Legs (1) - 7 iron ingots, 2 redstone, 1 lava bucket*
Chainmail Boots (1) - 4 iron ingots, 2 redstone, 1 lava bucket*
Chainmail Helm (1) - 5 iron ingots, 2 redstone, 1 lava bucket*
Chailmail Set (1) - 28 iron ingots, 10 redstone, 1 lava bucket*

Redundant Recipes
Leaves - REMOVED (due to Shears)
Smoothstone - REMOVED (furnaces are now fast and reliable)
Brick - REMOVED (furnaces are now fast and reliable)
Glass - REMOVED (furnaces are now fast and reliable)

I think this would greatly improve not only the quality of life here on Herocraft (making more blocks available for creativity's sake), but also give the Alchemist class something to look forward to.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked his post, though im not an alchemist, I agree diamond for these things is to much, but i dont see whats up with the price for slimeball, iv found 8 large slime in this map

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I liked his post, though im not an alchemist, I agree diamond for these things is to much, but i dont see whats up with the price for slimeball, iv found 8 large slime in this map
People have been saying since the new map that diamonds have very little use. These recipes will make diamonds more valuable! They can access other, even rarer blocks!