• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8.1 Gltiches on test server

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
1. First glitch is with beds. If you have set your spawn in a bed (by sleeping) and then someone kills you and breaks your bed, it does stop you from spawning there, but as soon as they replace that bed, it becomes your spawn again. It's kind of hard to word that.

2. If you kill someone, and then they continue to kill themselves or continue to die, it usually awards you exp for killing them although you didn't.

3. If you inflict damage on someone, and then they get killed by another entity, you get exp for killing them.

4. There are sudden moments where I am stuck in one place and cannot move, it could have been lag but I don't think it was because everyone around me was moving just fine.

5. Sometimes when you log on, your mana stops regenerating. For example, if I log off with 10% mana and log back on, it stays at 10% and will not go up. Also, if you log off with 75% mana and the glitch occurs, you can't use any spells, even those that cost only 25 mana

6. Sometimes when I'm sprinting, the sprinting pulses on and off even though I'm consistently holding down the "w" key. (It does the zooming of the sprint animation rapidly(zooms in and out) )

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
1. First glitch is with beds. If you have set your spawn in a bed (by sleeping) and then someone kills you and breaks your bed, it does stop you from spawning there, but as soon as they replace that bed, it becomes your spawn again. It's kind of hard to word that.
Pretty sure that's supposed to happen. That's why you replace the bed somewhere else to keep the bed from reseting the player's spawn there

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Use redmine.com (I think thats the name). Just click the report bug link on the navigation bar. That will be easier on the coders.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
Pretty sure that's supposed to happen. That's why you replace the bed somewhere else to keep the bed from reseting the player's spawn there
Nope it's not supposed to happen, once the bed is broken the spawn is supposed to be permanently removed if i remember correctly.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
Also, while i was running around, i was unable to move at times, it felt as if someone used root on me (but they didnt)

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Do you know what an "Edit" button is? Also, I've run into invisible cacti before. I think it's a 1.8 problem.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
I split it up so that each message could be directed at its individual recipient, no need for insults are there? And you were the one telling me to calm down.... besides, i can't remove that post anyways, the one where i added another glitch that is...

Sleaker

Retired Staff
The redmine bug tracker should only be used if you're absolutely certain what you're experiencing is a Heroes Plugin specific bug, generally just post the bug on the forums so we can investigate it though.

The sneak issue has to do with NoCheat, I think Kainzo was looking at getting the settings set so it doesn't continually rubber-band you to the normal sneak speed.

#4 - we don't touch movement events, so this is probably lag.

#6 - is most like Minecraft being buggy.

#2 & #3 may be Bukkit not properly tracking damage events since the update.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm surprised at how well the heroes testing is going. I'm loving the server, and 1.8 I believe meshes really well with heroes. Can't wait for the main server to be updated, and I wish more people would come on the test server and help out! There is very little lag (although it may be due to the lack of people online) and leveling is easy and PvP is 10x more fun.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I've got some more bugs!

1: Shield. It tells me every time I sign on, and most times I gain a level, that "Aerokii has gained Shield!" It also doesn't seem to actually guard me from any damage, last time I tested it.

2: Layhands can still go off even when the target is at full health. This one might have been fixed, haven't had a chance to make it happen again.

All other paladin abilities seem to be working as intended.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
As far as the bed issue goes, I have destroyed my bed and then placed it down so I could respawn in zeal, yet after /kill I spawn next to the bed that I slept in. You do have to move your bed to get your spawn canceled.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I've got some more bugs!

1: Shield. It tells me every time I sign on, and most times I gain a level, that "Aerokii has gained Shield!" It also doesn't seem to actually guard me from any damage, last time I tested it.

That's cause shield is a passive ability that requires you to be holding a door. It notifies you that the effect is active whenever it re-applies the effect or adds it to your character. This isn't a bug, it's how the skill actually works.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
That's cause shield is a passive ability that requires you to be holding a door. It notifies you that the effect is active whenever it re-applies the effect or adds it to your character. This isn't a bug, it's how the skill actually works.

Even while holding a door it does nothing. Or it didn't for me.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8

yeah, holding a door does nothing, nor does it activate the notification message. It sends a message when I sign in/off, but otherwise doesn't bug me.

It still doesn't actually defend me from much though.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
yeah, holding a door does nothing, nor does it activate the notification message. It sends a message when I sign in/off, but otherwise doesn't bug me.

It still doesn't actually defend me from much though.

You guys realize it only REDUCES damage, it doesn't actually cancel it. you'll still take damage with shield, and a door in your hand.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Hm. I'll test it again when I can find a nice control to compare to. I know it's not supposed to cancel- I just can't remember the right percentage of reduction.