• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Your most loved things on Herocraft

Jackrox256

Obsidian
What are the things you love about HeroCraft?
What drew you here, was it the PVP, the Hero Plugin or the people?
What made you choose this server from any other server out there?

My answer to this question is this:
I was drawn to this at first by the very plugin that makes this server appealing in the first place, the Hero Plugin. I eventually have grown to love townships, and the people in it. I also love the amount of organisation and dedication from the members of the server, whether it be Regular players or all the way up to Admins.

This is what I love about the server and what makes me keep logging in.
What's yours?

agentjwall

Godly
I first was drawn to Herocraft by the Heros mod. The idea of classes, and a richer PvP experience really piqued my curiosity.

Upon entering the server I was prompted to stay by a combination of the following:
  • The Hardcore aspect. On my first day I was probably killed 10-15 times before I got my bearings. I'm not sure why but the feeling of an looming danger of enemies and even the main road struck me as out of the ordinary and gave me a goal (to seek my eternal revenge at one point...)
  • The Community. One thing that really stood out is the way the community works together. The help channel and guides were prompt an kind when answering any question that I had. The events and mod/admin interactions really stand out from other servers as well. I've never seen anything like the events on any other server and mods and admins (especially with the /pe system) are quick to resolve problems and interact with the average populace (on most servers all the higher-ups just hang out together screwing around with worldedit and banning anyone accused of griefing).
  • Town-to-Town relations. Unlike some hardcore servers I've tried before hostile towns don't talk to each other and are WAY to serious about the game. ("what you've been talking with the enemy? BANNED!" would happen allot...) This server is much more relaxed about idle chit-chat with everyone while still keeping the general feel of diplomacy intact.
  • The Economic system. I'm not big into economics but my biggest pet peeve is servers with static buy and sell prices defined by the server. The way supply and demand influences prices on this server works really well. And the system of selling gold to the server stabilizes the economy quite well.
Well that ended up being a little longer then I expected. But I expect this thread will be an excellent source of ideas for advertising the server *cough cough* so It'll be interesting to see what everyone else has to say...

Jackrox256

Obsidian
It'll be interesting to see what everyone else has to say...

That is why I made this post, I am curious to see peoples reasons with why they love this server.
It also makes you think about what you first thought of the server, and what your take on it now is.
This can be a good thing to think about for the older guys. I havn't been here very long but my opinion has already swayed in many different places.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I love the politics, I love the admin fights. I love the guild chats, and hunting mobs at night! Boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada...

It's fun just making progress. Whether it's by leveling up, building houses, amassing wealth, spending it, or just leading my guild into the future. The guild in particular has been pretty awesome recently. Swamped with things to do... I bet it's overstimulating my poor brain, but it's a sweet ride.

Don't remember how I found the server, honestly. I do know that it was the first one I applied for. The fleshed-out hardcore world has just made it so enjoyable.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I also love Trok.

Just kidding. My favorite part about this server is the environment. It's hardcore, it's legit, it's friendly, and it's hard. This is how multiplayer should be, all the legitness of SSP, with all the best mods to supplement the experience and a good community to experience it with.

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
I love this server because the Evil in this server really have their place and their community. I used to love the Hardcore aspect but in my eyes it's missing atm. I love this server but have having some more options PvP/Raiding wise for Evilish characters would really please me.

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
No way, one time when i was running away in terror, barry killed 3 TC's in about 5 seconds. I patted him virtually, said good boy and gave him a MineBiscuit