• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wizards........ and bolt/megabolt

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Things you need to consider:
1) Casters are anti-warriors. Caster>Warrior>Rogue>Caster
Generally, that's how it is during most fights depending on level/spec/skill.
2) Hollow is a very good wizard. As a bard i'm basically anti-wizard, so he's very easy for me to kill, but every class has a weakness to at least 1 other class.
3) Kainzo has other things to worry about than pointless nerfs, *COUGH* Warriors *COUGH*
4) Wizard is NOT op. Plasma if you had 2 warriors you should use this thing called bite, it makes him slowed when running, then just strafe his fireballs and you can even strafe his bolt(I do all the time). People need to stop bitching. He's mastered, of course he killed you, but he's also VERY good, you need to consider this.
5) What I think needs to be done: 1 second cd on blink. That's it. Casters have no health/no armor. They're supposed to be able to rip into people with spells. Either get good at pvp or get over it because this class doesn't need a nerf.

I find it sad that PvPers who are good get punished by having their class nerfed. Just because @HollowSith is good at Wizard doesn't mean he should be punished for it. How about all you who are bitching go Wizard if your complaining so much.

Graink

Portal
Well, I was tagged :D So I'll jump in!

I believe everyone has made some decent points somewhere along the lines, but since this thread is in the fashion of bashing people/their post I would like to point out that HollowSith, a master wizard, is able to fend off two dragoons at once. Not kill them, but keep them at bay so they don't want to get any closer. I do not believe this is OP in any way, because those dragoons were terrible. 2 minutes before hand, I was being chased by them as a dreadknight, with no armor or weapons. It took them long enough to catch me, considering they have jump, and when they reached me, I was still dodging attacks for what I thought was some time. To me, this proves that Hollow doesn't necessarilly have an over powered class, but he himself is over powered.

I think we need to take a look at skill rather than class, maybe even take a look at intelligence first. We had a long time on testing classes in the test server... Why didn't you guys pick the class you thought was the strongest or most fun? Hollow obviously had the brains to pick wizard after loving it in testing, I picked dreadknight after getting my ass kicked by one in the test server. I think if you keep losing so much, you should either call for a buff on your class, (I doubt you will, most people use new age tactics like in politics and make hate commercials rather than promotional ones) or switch to this so called OP class! Quit worrying about all that shit, you'll never lose a fight again right? If you guys all picked dreadknight, or wizard, or ranger you could be OP! I'm not trying to sell anything, but caster class is still a cheap switch if you want to come on down and try to master wizard! It's a hoot! You'll love my nuts..

But back to the subject, I just fought a wizard today. I was being chased by 5 - 6 players, and the wizard did kill me. I was in water, so the odds were all ready against me, but "I USED MY SKILLS" to survive the longest. A master bard will have wisdom, might, icy aura, pulse, quicken and god knows what else. You pop a pulse/icy aura, that's all ready a poop load of dmg, not to mention you can catch up to any class... As for a warrior, you're supposed to suck balls. You have low hp, low dmg, crap for armor and you barely worked for your lvl. If anything a warrior is OP cause you didn't have to work very hard for any of your skills. Hollow on the other hand mastered his class! Working days on leveling to 55 so he could kill people. If you understood the most basic math, you would be able to see a lvl 55 could destroy a lvl 30 warrior. (This is 55 levels higher than the warrior class, because when you're lvl 30 warrior, you have to spec and become a lvl 1 dread/drag/sam/pally. I'm good at math, don't worry, I calculated it out.) 55 levels is a lot of work, I'm only lvl 41 or something dreadknight, and I've been working pretty hard. That means he's worked almost twice as hard as me all ready, ( I know the math doesn't add up between 55 - 41, but the exp rates are different for levels, I roughly did the math in my head cause I'm a prodigy at math.) If you're a lvl 30 warrior, that means he's worked many more times than you.

To finish this off, I'd like to mention that I as a dreadknight can take on numerous players at once. Sometimes I even fight paladins with small armies of warriors. It's all strategy, skill timing, and learning all the classes. I have a skill called harmtouch, which deals a fair amount of dmg in one hit. This skill does, if I'm correct, 30 dmg on a 15 minute cool down. Rather than wanting to nerf wizard, I'd rather complain about having a shorter cool down on my skill.. So I can kill every class better, instead of just being able to kill the 4 - 5 wizards onthe server. Nothing any of you were saying really made any sense to me, I lied when I said it was decent. As for your rant about landing bolts/megabolts, it's the same damn thing as landing a regular melee hit, but you have a longer range.. A melee hit needs to be landed by aiming at a player, and clicking at his character. Landing bolt is the same damn thing! It's not a 100% chance hit, because you need to aim at the god damn player! If you don't udnerstand this, I can try to explain it with more math, but that shit just gets out of hand.

Please, reply to this so I can have a little more of a laugh. I know this is probably hard to read, for one cause it's long, and secondly cause I suck balls a writing. My only advice is to either choose a better class, request a buff on yours, or just shut up and stop PvPing.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Just to add on, as a bard I can solo 3 warriors with ease, but when you get speced warriros involved, even in a 1v1 I get wrecked. So I wouldn't even consider this post a bug, more of a "I lost a duel to someone and it was unfair" bitch kind of complaint. But don't worry, I made those all the time last map, but kainzo was too occupied to care what I had posted. B)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
cold argue and flame all day long,
Like i stated before.

any class that can output that much damage in a few seconds, needs adjusted, period. Warrior, bard, wizard, heck if a creeper did that much damage it would be looked at.

and again, I played wizard, its cool class, but i didnt want to go wizard this first bit. simple choice.
Has zero do do with the player behind the keyboard, lets draw keybinds into while were are at it.

@Baconhat i would love to see a video of you dodgeing a bolt when you cannot dodge a 100% hit rate spell.
bolt and mega bolt are like root, spam it till it hits.

from @Kainzo himslef:

Bolt does 30ish damage.​
Bolt is not the lightning strike - its an instant direct damage.
Bolt is the highest single target damage skill available.​

@HollowSith you play the class well kudos but this isnt about pvp skill.

I cornered a wizard and he lagged out and I killed him. does that mean i'm better then he is? no, has nothing to do with 'pvp skills' its hardware, connection, pings,etc,etc, etc....

It was adjusted before and got nerfed badly. All i am saying is it needs tweaked.

So fellow players, keep the flaming down to nill. Please and thank you.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
@Plasma
Quicken avoids all his bolts/pulses, and strafing avoids the fireballs. If the wizards didn't use root I could 2v1. Easy. But keep in mind that paths are supposed to be inferior to specs. If you seriously want to bitch, go look at samurai. Victim130 stated that he could deal out 100 damage in about 2 seconds? Yeah, with the warm-up timer for pulse/bolt I wouldn't consider that op in the slightest.. *sarcasm*
They're supposed to deal crazy damage, but wizards basically get raped by ALL rogue classes, same with me getting raped by speced warriors.

And my fps sucks, it's at around 10-15fps when I pvp? I got a 166-kill streak with that shitty internet right there. Basically, your internet doesn't matter that much, it's a limiting factor.

Graink

Portal
cold argue and flame all day long,
Like i stated before.

any class that can output that much damage in a few seconds, needs adjusted, period. Warrior, bard, wizard, heck if a creeper did that much damage it would be looked at.

and again, I played wizard, its cool class, but i didnt want to go wizard this first bit. simple choice.
Has zero do do with the player behind the keyboard, lets draw keybinds into while were are at it.

@Baconhat i would love to see a video of you dodgeing a bolt when you cannot dodge a 100% hit rate spell.
bolt and mega bolt are like root, spam it till it hits.

from @Kainzo himslef:

I cornered a wizard and he lagged out and I killed him. does that mean i'm better then he is? no, has nothing to do with 'pvp skills' its hardware, connection, pings,etc,etc, etc....

It was adjusted before and got nerfed badly. All i am saying is it needs tweaked.

So fellow players, keep the flaming down to nill. Please and thank you.

Root is bit retarded, no offense. perhaps change it to slow, or something that slows the player down alot. like being frozen? dunno.

I wanted to quote this cause I liked the space you put that the bottom. I also liked how you mentioned our arguements along with flaming. I chose to use your space to hide another quote :3 You clearly based Root by calling him retarded! That is uncalled for and very rude. I'd also like to remind you (I posted this before) even though a wizard can have the key binds for his skills, he still has to target the player! Pulse is the only skill he has that does AOE dmg, where he doesn't have to target. It's just like a normal melee attack, but from a range. It's not 100%, you'll most likely spam it and miss at least 50% of the time (My math tells me that with 50%, you could miss on hit, then get him the next time) therefore it's not a 100% chance to hit. If you're really that scared of wizards, just stay away from them, level up and fight another day! If you claim Hollow sucks so bad at PVP, and he's just hiding behind a class, hide behind your own class. If you chose a good class, you'd destroy us all cause you're the master PVPer. . .

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
HollowSith is a noob :p (jk) Not Really

Yeah but would WAY rather a sort of Icy Aura for Wizards. Maybe a reagant for it? I feel like there should be a reagant for fireball... maybe a flint and steel? Wizards aren't really OP, the only thing I don't like about them is their ability to run into unarmed combat and still deal a shit ton of damage if they can gain up their mana fast enough

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i dont think the wizards has to target anything. its spamming the button til it hit and reacts. there is no opps you cast that and missed.. used your mana for that , try again in 3 seconds.

( any wizards care to elaborate on this for me? )

I said;

meaning, you do play the class well but im not draggin player skills into this.
I would wager a noob playing wizard could keybind and manage to pull off the same near fatal combo and spam it. Hollow merely perfected it, i harbor nor ill will to him or others that pvp well.
I never claimed he is hiding behind anything.

There shouldnt BE a best class over every single one, cause everyone would play it. Every class has its good points, its bad, and its counters. its what makes HeroCraft FUN.

Kainzo has the right idea, remove root, make it slow the target instead of sticking them in one spot.

@Baconhat i would like to know your thoughts on the recent ablade bit where you could two hit anything in the game, was that overpowered? whats your stance on that?

as for the space, its merely that. space.. lol nothing important. ( nice editing of Kainzo quotes btw. )

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Way to resurrect the flaming hahaha ;)
@Graink This isn't about our skills. It's pretty clear that wizard needs some changes - constructive debating about the relevant topic would be much appreciated.

Nobody said Hollow sucks?
He is apparently good (never directly fought him that I know of). Regardless, the spec that he chose is too good. It has nothing to do with him. His skill just compounds the power of wizard. Seeing as though a wizard is already powerful, his skill just makes him OP. But that's ok, he can be OP (good for him!). His spec should not be OP though, no spec should. That's the goal - balance.

So: I don't think substituting root with a slow condition skill will solve everything. They still have a variety of skills that make them very powerful. For example, blink away, slow, fireball/bolt, replenish. Repeat. Win.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Also, @GreekCrackShot you say that as a warrior with like 130 health hahaha. Big difference between 85 and 130.
So rogues are supposed to be > wizards? I don't really see that. Wizards have too much of an ability to move away from melee and attack from range.

Graink

Portal
^ So really what you're trying to say is, if you can't kill someone, they're OP. Good for him if he can blink away, slow, fireball/bolt, replenish and repeat. Any class has a combo like this. I can disarm, harmtouch, decay and curse.. What this does is harmtouch dmg to finish, decay to take you down throughout the fight, curse so you miss 50% of the time and disarm so you have no weapon. If I can hit you with my diamond axe at the same time, I can kill someone with 85 hp in like, 5 - 6 seconds if I play it right.. Sometimes I kill people sooner if they run and I can harmtouch them for a last hit. I don't even have decay yet and I can still do crazy damage. Once I get both that and drainsoul my guess is everyone on the server is going to bitch and whine about getting it nerfed. We might as well nerf all classes down to 0 so we can have only bards and warriors cause those are the only fair classes right?

ShizzDawgg

Godly
i dont think the wizards has to target anything. its spamming the button til it hit and reacts. there is no opps you cast that and missed.. used your mana for that , try again in 3 seconds.

( any wizards care to elaborate on this for me? )

I said;

meaning, you do play the class well but im not draggin player skills into this.
I would wager a noob playing wizard could keybind and manage to pull off the same near fatal combo and spam it. Hollow merely perfected it, i harbor nor ill will to him or others that pvp well.
I never claimed he is hiding behind anything.

There shouldnt BE a best class over every single one, cause everyone would play it. Every class has its good points, its bad, and its counters. its what makes HeroCraft FUN.

Kainzo has the right idea, remove root, make it slow the target instead of sticking them in one spot.

@Baconhat i would like to know your thoughts on the recent ablade bit where you could two hit anything in the game, was that overpowered? whats your stance on that?

as for the space, its merely that. space.. lol nothing important. ( nice editing of Kainzo quotes btw. )

Of course ablade was overpowered but that was far more prominent. There are how many speced rogues in the game(except ranger) that have the ability to use it? That was also the true meaning of BUG, this is merely a class evalutation. Stop QQing till you pvp more please. I as well as many of my friends pvp almost daily and we can almost gurantee you that wizard is not OP. When fighting a wizard you need to make use of your enviornment, they're different from other casters being that they have the ability to easily escape. Take bard/dragoon for example. These classes are given the ability to kite (If played properly, take as few damage as possible from melee classes while dealing a moderate amount). Just because you and another warrior got killed by @HollowSith means nothing. Any rogue class that catches a wizard off gaurd could drop them in about 3 or so seconds, but they make up for it by having somewhat moderate armor. Warriors take huge hits from wizards because warriors have the ability to use fire protection armor. So maybe if you were to use some enchanted armor as the profession ENCHANTING was intented to be used you wouldn't have such a problem? Basically, if you want to look at op, go look at warriors. They last too long in a fight, and deal moderate damage. <-- bard's point of view.
From your point of view however, casters have too many ways of mobility even though they have no armor/health to account for it? Seriously dude. You NEED to understand the combat triangle to realize that wizards aren't op, that's just your classes weakness and all classes have a weakness.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Also, @GreekCrackShot you say that as a warrior with like 130 health hahaha. Big difference between 85 and 130.
So rogues are supposed to be > wizards? I don't really see that. Wizards have too much of an ability to move away from melee and attack from range.
Mhmm, I 4v1ed a group of casters a few days ago kalk, if you don't know how to play your class then of course you're going to be incapable of pulling any feats. -_-

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Are you kidding me? That is like putting on a reagent to use a diamond sword for a Ninja. It's their main weapon.
You realize that a ninja CARRIES a Diamond Sword... To USE a diamond sword?! Are you for real man? Come on, I wasn't saying that it would ABSORB a F&S every single time you use fireball. I'm saying in order to use the fucking skill you have to have it in your inventory. It's NOT something hard to obtain.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
My turn! :D I'll tell you what I told the ranger flamers, STRAFE THE FIREBALLS/BOLTS, it's quite easy to dodge a bolt, if you're sprinting and strafing it won't hit you and I don't know of any wizards good enough to hit strafing people with fireballs.