• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Will breeding be changed to how it used to be?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
So the only way to make being a farmer economically viable is to grind away for hours using the same skill? I did a calculation behind this, and found that you're not likely to make any more than 4 stacks of leather in six hours by just running around and spawning cows. This was an overestimate. It's a much better use of your time to go miner and grind away at finding gold. Not only will you make more money, but you'd do so quicker. I'm not really seeing farmer, as a profession, at all competitive when compared with some other professions.
actually I do that and I make about 7 or 8 stacks of leather with my looting 3 sword and I have made almost 2000c off my leather shop at spawn

you can take some tim[DOUBLEPOST=1371144574][/DOUBLEPOST]dangit I screwed up on the quote lol

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
MajorasMask I recall seeing you undercut leather prices to like half of the normal at some point, saying "its so easy to get". This happened many months ago, but still kinda ironic considering how you are complaining that you cant get enough money from it.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
actually I do that and I make about 7 or 8 stacks of leather with my looting 3 sword and I have made almost 2000c off my leather shop at spawn

you can take some tim[DOUBLEPOST=1371144574][/DOUBLEPOST]dangit I screwed up on the quote lol

Well if you can do that then good for you, ha ha. Unfortunatly not everyone can do that, so I still view farmer as kinda pointless. :S

MajorasMask I recall seeing you undercut leather prices to like half of the normal at some point, saying "its so easy to get". This happened many months ago, but still kinda ironic considering how you are complaining that you cant get enough money from it.

Yes, I did undercut prices as leather was so easy to get. I didn't need to have such high prices (per stack) in order to make a decent amount of money. Even at lower prices, breeding was still worth my time. Money issues i'm seeing at the moment is not because the price of leather is low, but because it is harder for the average farmer to produce leather. It doesn't even matter if leather was 50c a stack, if farmers are unable to aquire the material (via methods other than grinding away at one skill for 6 hours), then I see the profession as rather a waste.