• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What were old maps like?

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Sanctum: Back then towns were huge, rarely did they have walls and everyone focused on beauty. PvP was off inside of towns but that didn't stop PvP from happening. Multiple Kingdom's (KRS, TOP, KOE, NEO, ORE, MOB are the ones i remember were there any others?) and wars between them. There was a lot of Political drama... Madlum Blockade, NATO, Monarchy of Basphemy, Bloodline, Nova. Anyone from back then should remember all of these.

Zeal: PvP turned on in towns except for townhall. The old builders of Sanctum tried to build their towns as they did on Sanctum for beauty but most ended up with decent sized walls to keep raiders out. Newer players to the server built ugly box towns with walls to sky. This map was the intro of heroes and you could either be a combat spec of a crafter spec, not both. PvP became different and fun. Notable conflicts were Airbuses super shop on the east road and later on the fun times on north road. This map was also the birth of the original TC.

Dragongarde: PvP on everywhere except spawn and the new graveyards. Lets face it, 90% of the towns last map were butt ugly. Heroes was refined and I personally thought PvP was the funnest this map. I feel like nothing to major happened in terms of war or political drama. They happened, just not on the scale previously seen.

Bastion: Lets wait and see whats in store for us all.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I believe that the only reason pvp was more fun in zeal was because there where so op classes and it happened more often

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Sanctum: Back then towns were huge, rarely did they have walls and everyone focused on beauty. PvP was off inside of towns but that didn't stop PvP from happening. Multiple Kingdom's (KRS, TOP, KOE, NEO, ORE, MOB are the ones i remember were there any others?) and wars between them. There was a lot of Political drama... Madlum Blockade, NATO, Monarchy of Basphemy, Bloodline, Nova. Anyone from back then should remember all of these.

Zeal: PvP turned on in towns except for townhall. The old builders of Sanctum tried to build their towns as they did on Sanctum for beauty but most ended up with decent sized walls to keep raiders out. Newer players to the server built ugly box towns with walls to sky. This map was the intro of heroes and you could either be a combat spec of a crafter spec, not both. PvP became different and fun. Notable conflicts were Airbuses super shop on the east road and later on the fun times on north road. This map was also the birth of the original TC.

Dragongarde: PvP on everywhere except spawn and the new graveyards. Lets face it, 90% of the towns last map were butt ugly. Heroes was refined and I personally thought PvP was the funnest this map. I feel like nothing to major happened in terms of war or political drama. They happened, just not on the scale previously seen.

Bastion: Lets wait and see whats in store for us all.
Let's see, I remember at least word of them, from either active players then (I went inactive around this time due to school), and then Bloodline, and either MoB or Madlum I was there for, but I was someone who kept to himself. I can still name each of those Kingdoms by their full names, though. Ah, memories and nostalgia... Nether release with the Trial by Fire, Warshard's first release, with the small city with walls surrounding, Spell Dungeons...

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, this hasn't gotten off topic at all. ;)

But yeah, all in all the old maps were great. IMO, the community has degraded more and more, though there are still plenty of great new people. :) (I say this due to people, as Symbolite said, once being building based, but still with combat, to the Heroes era, with PvP everywhere - Attracts a different audience)

emerald_ice

ICE ICE ICE!
Well, this hasn't gotten off topic at all. ;)

But yeah, all in all the old maps were great. IMO, the community has degraded more and more, though there are still plenty of great new people. :) (I say this due to people, as Symbolite said, once being building based, but still with combat, to the Heroes era, with PvP everywhere - Attracts a different audience)
From what I've heard,Zeal sounds the best to me so far.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
When forcepull went up :) , MeganPerk's mansion of traps haha and don't forget how many dragoons and ninjas there were ._.