• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What were old maps like?

emerald_ice

ICE ICE ICE!
Hey guys!

I keep hearing people talk about old maps like Zeal or Kingdom but I've only been hear for bastion so...

What were the other maps like?which one was your favorite?least favourite?

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I've been around since Sanctum. Here's what I know about each.

Sanctum: Absolutely nothing. I was only in it for a bit (last 2 months I think?) and the entire time I never left my town. However the last couple days were fun as hell.

Zeal: This map was pretty fun, probably my favorite. There was a lot of imbalance between classes, but this is the map I practically achieved god of death in. A lot of people say it's the best map, but it's not. There is no best map. (Like there is no best pony)
Dragongarde: I ragequit roughly 2 times from this map. Nothing to say. The spawn was weird to get around in, but was really nice looking.

This map: You already know it.

Very short descriptions. I'm more reliant on people who actually remember these maps to describe them.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Sanctum was fantastical, full of magic, wonder, and unexplored adventure. (It was my first map and my favorite)

Zeal was fun, full of politics, wars, wars, and a few wars, did I mention wars?

Dragon I was here and there, It was...interesting

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Sanctum was beautiful! Huge towns and they were all open, no roofs, no walls. I had the pleasure of being in Fiore with a shore front plot.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Sanctum was all built up, Zeal was a biome error mess, and Dragon was a wasteland.

Zeal had the most war.

Dragon had the most townships... I think... :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
From the perspective of administration:
Town - the first map of DH's Multiverse, it was when all players played, there were no 'staff' persay, we all gathered resources, we all built. It was probably the best. Everything was new and everything was still changing on Mojang's side. Stealing and any form of grief (accident or not) usually resulted in a ban. Duping was massive because inventories were stored CLIENT side. We were on hMod with Runecraft.

Kingdom - This was when I sort of stopped playing, I went into administration mode, we had changed our name from DH's multiverse to Herocraft - our popularity went from 20-30 players to 80-90 quite quickly, we were one of the biggest servers out at the time. Stealing was still illegal, we were using hMod again with Runecraft.

I'll add more to this later.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I still remember when my chest was stolen from in my house in Sanctum spawn. It was so sad :(

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, killing in Sanctum was illegal too, but there were no 'no PvP zones' so it was an honor system. People who didn't read rules would try to attack you, regardless of how decked out you were. I killed many people in self defense

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Sanctum: I had not joined HC yet then, so I can't speak for Sanctum.

Zeal: Wars, wars and even more wars. Best PvP map just because of the imbalance of classes, North road and simpleness. Joined/lead my first town. Freeps vs. Treeps!

Dragon: Tons of towns, lead a town from the start to the end, wasteland, little world PvP more MA/HG PvP. Ugly towns (Like my own).

Bastion: Players interfere more in the creations of towns, a lot harder to make towns, fewer towns, more Kingdoms (Unofficial as of now) and more larger communites. Less mobs.... :<