• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Unable to rebuild a councilroom into a sittingchamber.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The method that jan9f has used, though it sounds a bit hairy, works. It's also worked for @skittles32009 and he's described it here in detail. This info is being added to the wiki.

Has anyone tried what @Beau_Nearh has suggested, I wonder - which is to build a new structure instead of endeavoring to upgrade the existing one.

One problem with building a new one is that the upgraded township region will be centered on it which will move the center of the town and result in non-concentric rings, which may be undesirable for some town owners.

Well I did think doing it my way (creating a sitting chamber as another region apposed to rebuilding council room) was the only way of doing it. Also in terms of the SR being centred. It's not actually centred (from my understanding) around the actual council room/ sitting chamber and is centred around the place you "to create hamlet". I'll have to double check on the ring bit when I log on so I'll keep you updated on that.

Update - SR rings are centred on where the mayor is standing when he upgrades the SR tier.

Last edited:

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Well I did think doing it my way (creating a sitting chamber as another region apposed to rebuilding council room) was the only way of doing it. Also in terms of the SR being centred. It's not actually centred (from my understanding) around the actual council room/ sitting chamber and is centred around the place you "to create hamlet". I'll have to double check on the ring bit when I log on so I'll keep you updated on that.

Update - still need to check
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Townships_Guide#Upgrading_a_Super-Region_of_a_Township

No, that's not the only way. This is the way skittles and I did it, and it's worked fine.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
One problem with building a new one is that the upgraded township region will be centered on it which will move the center of the town and result in non-concentric rings, which may be undesirable for some town owners.
This was wrong! The upgraded township is centered where the town owner is standing when giving the /to create command for the upgraded town tier.