• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Unable to rebuild a councilroom into a sittingchamber.

Hello everyone,

Me and my friends have a Tribe called Gladius.

We read that an upgrade into a Hamlet costs 2000s, 5 houses and a sittingchamber.
We tried to "rebuild" our councilroom into a sittingchamber, by the command /town rebuild sittingchamber (while standing in the councilroom). We recieved an error message telling us: you dont have the permission to create a sittingchamber.
This is weird because we already have bought the rights in the shop to build a sittingchamber.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this some kind of bug?

Hoping for response,

Mountainlights

They said I had to tag you @Alator

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Need some more information. Are you the town owner? If not, has the owner given you permission to build a sittingchamber (via in-game commands)? Were you standing in the councilroom?

Yes, we're all owners of the town. The one that built the councilroom did /town rebuild sittingchamber while holding 2000s.
And he was also in the councilroom while doing this.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Are you an owner of the councilroom region? Might have something to do with it.

Like I said : The one that built the councilroom also tried to rebuild it but it also didn't work. That person also created the town.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
Rather than creating a new post, i'd like to bump this post as i am having the same issue... I am the owner of my tribe and am in no way able to build a sittingchamber to upgrade it to a hamlet..the wiki seems to be outdated on this topic.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I had this error, too. I ended up having to remove the CR region and just build it into a sitting chamber (actually I rebuilt into a meeting house since I was going to a village, but still).

Thouskan

Dirt
Hello. I didn't find an answer to this and I have the same problem as has been described here. Recently our town owner in an attempt to upgrade our Tribe to a Hamlet, but failed repeatedly after checking the forum and wiki.
I'll describe the procedure that he went through:
1) He added the blocks to the council room to fulfil the requirements of the sitting chamber.
2) He got all the souls to pay the creation of the sitting chamber.
3) While standing inside the council room he sent the command /to rebuild
The error message that he received was:
"[Townships]you dont have permission to create a sittingchamber"

@Alator would you happen to know what we're missing here?

Thanks in advance.

edit: spelling

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
jan9f walked me through a diff way to upgrade the town...here is how i managed it...

1. stand in the council room and /to destroy. what this does is get rid of the council room region completely, no soul refund and your town gets temporarily disabled but NOT destroyed. the chest in the center will disappear.

2. stand in the center of the room again and /to create sitting chamber just like you did with the council room and voila! the chest spawns like usual, the 2k souls gets deducted and you now have a sitting chamber region.

3. now you need to /to create hamlet <town name> also just like you did when you first created a tribe in order to upgrade your town to a hamlet.

when you /to who <town name> you should now see that you are a hamlet and not a tribe anymore.

and that's the workaround to get your town upgraded now! I don't think i missed any steps or commands @jan9f @Thouskan @Watermelon_01

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
jan9f walked me through a diff way to upgrade the town...here is how i managed it...

1. stand in the council room and /to destroy. what this does is get rid of the council room region completely, no soul refund and your town gets temporarily disabled but NOT destroyed. the chest in the center will disappear.

2. stand in the center of the room again and /to create sitting chamber just like you did with the council room and voila! the chest spawns like usual, the 2k souls gets deducted and you now have a sitting chamber region.

3. now you need to /to create hamlet <town name> also just like you did when you first created a tribe in order to upgrade your town to a hamlet.

when you /to who <town name> you should now see that you are a hamlet and not a tribe anymore.

and that's the workaround to get your town upgraded now! I don't think i missed any steps or commands @jan9f @Thouskan @Watermelon_01
Did you also get a ton of flint when doing this?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The safest way to upgrade though SR tiers would be to just create another region rather than upgrading the existing required regions as;

+If that region is destroyed, all previous tiers as well as current tier will be lost as there's nothing to fall back onto in terms of SR required regions

Correct me if I'm wrong?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The method that jan9f has used, though it sounds a bit hairy, works. It's also worked for @skittles32009 and he's described it here in detail. This info is being added to the wiki.

Has anyone tried what @Beau_Nearh has suggested, I wonder - which is to build a new structure instead of endeavoring to upgrade the existing one.

One problem with building a new one is that the upgraded township region will be centered on it which will move the center of the town and result in non-concentric rings, which may be undesirable for some town owners.