• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Trophies/Likes don't work well together.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo - I think you completely broke the trophy system. The amount of positive ratings and post count no longer match trophies at all. Someone with 1.1K posts and 600 positive ratings have a higher forum rank than someone with 19K posts and 2.3K positive ratings...

Me and Angyles ended up going down in trophy count while a bunch of people got bumped hundreds of trophies up.

Yeah the trophy system definitely got fucked up, I don't even have the 2-year mark trophy and I somehow lost 15 trophy points after the update.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo - I think you completely broke the trophy system. The amount of positive ratings and post count no longer match trophies at all. Someone with 1.1K posts and 600 positive ratings have a higher forum rank than someone with 19K posts and 2.3K positive ratings...

Me and Angyles ended up going down in trophy count while a bunch of people got bumped hundreds of trophies up.

Yeah the trophy system definitely got fucked up, I don't even have the 2-year mark trophy and I somehow lost 15 trophy points after the update.
We had to change from " Likes " to " Positive " rating. There's really no dual system at work here.

I set out specific trophies and removed the "150" day trophy altogether.

Working, mostly, as intended.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Just got "I LOVE IT!" and "Two Year Mark" and went from Godly to Holy Shit! and back to Godly.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
We had to change from " Likes " to " Positive " rating. There's really no dual system at work here.

I set out specific trophies and removed the "150" day trophy altogether.

Working, mostly, as intended.
I de-ranked to "Godly" while people who are nowhere near my post count or positive ratings somehow ranked up and past me. The update is fucked because it makes no sense... Why would someone with 1.1K posts and 600 ratings have more trophies than for example Angy who has 19K and 2.3K?

You should add trophies at 2.5K posts, 5K posts and 10K posts, that would put the trophies back in balance. Right now, people with mediocre forum activity can trumph all others in trophy count just because of the X Year marks.

Last edited:

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I de-ranked to "Godly" while people who are nowhere near my post count or positive ratings somehow ranked up and past me. The update is fucked because it makes no sense... Why would someone with 1.1K posts and 600 ratings have more trophies than for example Angy who has 19K and 2.3K?

You should add trophies at 2.5K posts, 5K posts and 10K posts, that would put the trophies back in balance. Right now, people with mediocre forum activity can trumph all others in trophy count just because of the X Year marks.
I personally prefer Godly to "Holy Shit!" as the top tier forum rank anyways...

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
I'm actually fairly surprised how serious people take this.

Literally all Kainzo did to my knowledge was instead of counting 'Likes' in trophies, he instead counts 'Positive Ratings' which includes your like count. He then ran the cron job that forced all trophies to update based on that criteria.

It isn't rocket science.

Last edited:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm actually fairly surprised who serious people take this.

Literally all Kainzo did to my knowledge was instead of counting 'Likes' in trophies, he instead counts 'Positive Ratings' which includes your like count. He then ran the cron job that forced all trophies to update based on that criteria.

It isn't rocket science.
Well, some people lost trophies while others gained more than the maximum amount after the update. Even though this was fixed later, the system now favors veterans instead of active users due to the "1,2,3,4,5 year marks" and how the low the trophy cap for post count and positive ratings.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Well, some people lost trophies while others gained more than the maximum amount after the update. Even though this was fixed later, the system now favors veterans instead of active users.
geez kenn, does it really matter that much to you? I'm assuming it just didn't delete the trophies for some people or something. But it shouldn't really matter that much if Kainzo plans to revamp the trophy system at some point anyways.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Aww... I'm late to the party; what a humorous thread!

Thank you Kainzo for beginning to fix the broken system from when the new ratings were implemented. Against EtkEnn's argument, it is harder to rack up 'likes' when there are so many other positive ratings available that may be more fitting for the post, such as 'funny', 'agree', or 'touché'. Way back when, people would rate a post 'like' instead of any of those three.

You need to also think of rating ratios. Unnamed person has 0.55 positive ratings per post versus Angy's 0.12 positive ratings per post. In my opinion, this is a fair ranking. It tells you that unnamed person may post more welcoming messages, or contribute to conversations in a mature and constructive manner *cough*. Granted, Angy's posts are mainly from whitelisting so new players don't exactly rate their white listers post, so this is a poor example.

While the forums may be a lesser part of the Herocraft network, it is still a part of many of ours daily routine. It's a place where we gather for information and communication, so thank you for taking the time to tackle this situation.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Trophies broken still?

I don't have these trophies even though I have 250 positive ratings.

Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff

Also, my birthday was 27 May and I did not recieve the Birthday Trophy.
(I also participated in the birthday title sales etc, if that has any impact on it)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Aww... I'm late to the party; what a humorous thread!

Thank you Kainzo for beginning to fix the broken system from when the new ratings were implemented. Against EtkEnn's argument, it is harder to rack up 'likes' when there are so many other positive ratings available that may be more fitting for the post, such as 'funny', 'agree', or 'touché'. Way back when, people would rate a post 'like' instead of any of those three.

You need to also think of rating ratios. Unnamed person has 0.55 positive ratings per post versus Angy's 0.12 positive ratings per post. In my opinion, this is a fair ranking. It tells you that unnamed person may post more welcoming messages, or contribute to conversations in a mature and constructive manner *cough*. Granted, Angy's posts are mainly from whitelisting so new players don't exactly rate their white listers post, so this is a poor example.

While the forums may be a lesser part of the Herocraft network, it is still a part of many of ours daily routine. It's a place where we gather for information and communication, so thank you for taking the time to tackle this situation.
It's indeed harder to rack up likes after the new ratings were added in, yet I somehow managed to get over 700 likes after that update. The 500 Likes trophy was achievable through long time dedication to the forums before this update, now it's worthless.

Also, positive rating ratio don't mean shit. It's much easier to keep a good ratio with only a few hundred or even one thousand posts. Once you start counting your posts by the thousands, it gets much more diffucult keeping a good ratio. Though of course, you could just ask for positive ratings from your town applicants just like a certain someone who is present on this thread.