• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Trophies/Likes don't work well together.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Hi guys, the new positive ratings don't add to the Number of Likes recieved for the trophies. Since they introduced the new system with all the other options, I have 82 likes but I have 247 total positive ratings. I think the trophies should be changed to count in the new ratings, not just likes.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Bump.

Bump again... this is pretty damn annoying.

@EtKEnn care to explain the 2 disagrees? I talked to Kainzo ingame and he said himself this was "a strange bug".

Last edited by a moderator:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Hi guys, the new positive ratings don't add to the Number of Likes recieved for the trophies. Since they introduced the new system with all the other options, I have 82 likes but I have 247 total positive ratings. I think the trophies should be changed to count in the new ratings, not just likes.
"New"? These ratings have been in for years and nobody complained about the trophies until now. If you want to reach the top, do it like the rest of us and post content that attracts likes...

@PewPewPewLasers - How is my post F-Palm worthy? I just spoke my opinion on the matter as someone who actually have all the trophies...

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
"New"? These ratings have been in for years and nobody complained about the trophies until now. If you want to reach the top, do it like the rest of us and post content that attracts likes...

Wat?

New as in it wasn't made when the trophies were made.

Old players have the trophies since there was only like and no other options.

@PewPewPewLasers - How is my post F-Palm worthy? I just spoke my opinion on the matter as someone who actually have all the trophies...[/QUOTE]

Because it's dumb. Only reason you have all the likes is because you posted a lot during the time there were no options but like.

Also, your post is pretty facepalm worthy since this is NOT a suggestion but a bug report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Wat?

New as in it wasn't made when the trophies were made.

Old players have the trophies since there was only like and no other options.
..... This system was added early in 2012, I had about 50 likes when all the new ratings came. Now I have 800+ Likes.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
..... This system was added early in 2012, I had about 50 likes when all the new ratings came. Now I have 800+ Likes.

Dude, you whine about facepalms and then facepalm yourself ?

I haven't voted on any of your posts, kinda strange to vote on mine out of spite.

Very mature behavior of a staff member.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
@PewPewPewLasers - How is my post F-Palm worthy? I just spoke my opinion on the matter as someone who actually have all the trophies...

Because it's dumb. Only reason you have all the likes is because you posted a lot during the time there were no options but like.

Also, your post is pretty facepalm worthy since this is NOT a suggestion but a bug report.[/QUOTE]
What is your source? I joined late 2011 and the new ratings were put in early 2012, I was still a newb when the new ratings were added. If you think that my 200 posts from the time before the rating system was added attracted over 500 likes, you are delusional.

Dude, you whine about facepalms and then facepalm yourself ?

I haven't voted on any of your posts, kinda strange to vote on mine out of spite.

Very mature behavior of a staff member.
I give ratings and I explain why I do. Your post was based entirely on an assumption, which is why I gave it a F-Palm.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

Also, your post is pretty facepalm worthy since this is NOT a suggestion but a bug report.
What is your source? I joined late 2011 and the new ratings were put in early 2012, I was still a newb when the new ratings were added. If you think that my 200 posts from the time before the rating system was added attracted over 500 likes, you are delusional.

Dude, this is confirmed as a bug from Kainzo. I have no idea why you are cluttering this bug report.

Seeing as the average user doesn't have more than 5000 posts, it isn't all that strange for this bug to be fixed.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Dude, this is confirmed as a bug from Kainzo. I have no idea why you are cluttering this bug report.

Seeing as the average user doesn't have more than 5000 posts, it isn't all that strange for this bug to be fixed.
A bug or not, people have actually got this trophy with only their Likes. Making it 500 positive ratings is just a huge "fuck you" to those who actively use the forums. Getting 232 trophies is something only a handful of people have done, once this is "fixed" there will be a huge influx of people getting it without even deserving it.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
A bug or not, people have actually got this trophy with only their Likes. Making it 500 positive ratings is just a huge "fuck you" to those who actively use the forums. Getting 232 trophies is something only a handful of people have done, once this is "fixed" there will be a huge influx of people getting it without even deserving it.

http://herocraftonline.com/main/members/?type=points

Look who has 232 points. All of them are either: Really old players (2011) or staff members.

Staff naturally attracts more likes, and old players that used to forums a lot before have a lot of likes of course.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Old players who actively used the forums... I got maybe 5% of my likes before the "new" rating system, so your point is invalid.

My point is invalid... even though you are staff? And an old player? Hmm, tell me more please.
Anyways, I think we both voiced our oppinions here now we can stop cluttering this thread with them.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
..you're kidding, right? You gotta be kidding. If not: If you're going to think about it like that, it being a huge 'fuck you' to people, then think about when something like leveling gets easier. It's a big "fuck you" to people who've already leveled to max level. Do those people then not deserve max level because it's easier to get? Besides, it shouldn't matter at ALL if you only get likes, or if you just get positive ratings. The trophies aren't really that important. It's basically just another version of Steam Trading Cards, the more points, the bigger e-penis. I'm going to go ahead and say this is invalid.

Anyways, I think we both voiced our oppinions here now we can stop cluttering this thread with them.
Indeed, better stop before this turns into a flame war.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
My point is invalid... even though you are staff? And an old player? Hmm, tell me more please.
You missed my point, again. I barely used the forums before the rating system was added. Being an old player has nothing to do with me having 800+ likes. And do you think having a Herald badge magically makes my post more likely to receive likes?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
You missed my point, again. I barely used the forums before the rating system was added, and do you think having a Herald badge magically makes my post more likely to receive likes?

No, but videos that you post and screenshots attract likes. You know this, just take a look at Ahrall's hero spotlight and PVP Tourny videos.
Do you really think this doesn't factor into it? Also, look at this page. The people with the most posts are again basically staff only. http://herocraftonline.com/main/members/

But seriously this will be my last message since I do not want to clutter this thread any more than I already have.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
No, but videos that you post and screenshots attract likes. You know this, just take a look at Ahrall's hero spotlight and PVP Tourny videos.
Do you really think this doesn't factor into it? Also, look at this page. The people with the most posts are again basically staff only. http://herocraftonline.com/main/members/

But seriously this will be my last message since I do not want to clutter this thread any more than I already have.
It has nothing to do with staff positions, it's just that people who are active within the community and do stuff that attracts positive response usually ends up as some sort of staff :) Also, anyone can make content that attracts likes. Do you think Ahrall would not get any likes if he posted his vids without being a herald?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
we're investigating this - i'm unsure why its occurring.