• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Track ability on Ranger class change

gontron

Stone
Dsawemd,
Allies wouldn't matter against a higher leveled, better equipped opponent/s. And even if they did, what's it to this thread? This thread is not about whether ganking should be prohibited or not, it's about whether Track is overpowered or broken. It's about whether it's possible for a low level to mine and mine some basic gear up before getting killed with no chance of fighting back. And the thing is, for me, and apparently for quite a few other people(out of the people that have actually commented here) it's not. Getting ganked while mining(or for that matter, any other activity that requires you to be outside of your home/town) constantly is only possible because of how easy it is for players to get your coordinates. That is why I created the thread, and that is why I think trace/deathmark should be nerfed in some way. This thread is not about my personal situation in this, but about whether it's a fair game mechanic or not.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Best fix N/A - don't be un a town with dicks like you are XD your town leader uses bounties to harass eople calls people homophobic terms then calls raiders hackers and shit honestly I thought about going ranger cyz it's super easy and I would be able to track rauenbiw and anevia to kill them and srry spelling on iPod is hard

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Dsawemd,
Allies wouldn't matter against a higher leveled, better equipped opponent/s. And even if they did, what's it to this thread? This thread is not about whether ganking should be prohibited or not, it's about whether Track is overpowered or broken. It's about whether it's possible for a low level to mine and mine some basic gear up before getting killed with no chance of fighting back. And the thing is, for me, and apparently for quite a few other people(out of the people that have actually commented here) it's not. Getting ganked while mining(or for that matter, any other activity that requires you to be outside of your home/town) constantly is only possible because of how easy it is for players to get your coordinates. That is why I created the thread, and that is why I think trace/deathmark should be nerfed in some way. This thread is not about my personal situation in this, but about whether it's a fair game mechanic or not.
YOUR PLAYSTYLE IS WHAT MAKES TRACK OVERPOWERED.

Play the server the right way, and Track will not give you problems. Stop trying to go on solo mining trips without either leveling your combat class or having a higher level player to guard you.

edit: JupiterRome also had some good advice, read it just above this post.

gontron

Stone
I think everything that could have been discussed already has, and so now it's just time to wait for admins to decide whether this should be done or not. (or if it's even worth their time)
I want to thank everyone who replied for your feedback on the subject, and also thank you for all the tips you've provided for not only me but possibly other players.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok, i guess you are a new player in HC. Tracking people is my favorite skill in herocraft, you can never go mining safe, you always have to look your back, sneak and recall once you have lots of valuables.

Also, i dont get why people lvl up their crafting class before the combat one. I suggest you to lvl the combat as soon as you can, then when they track you, you will be able to fight at least.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Also, i dont get why people lvl up their crafting class before the combat one. I suggest you to lvl the combat as soon as you can, then when they track you, you will be able to fight at least.
Mastering merchant before necro was the worst idea I ever made

Seriously, level your freaking combat class.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
all I see this post as is a rage post by a lone noob who rages everytime he gets ganked. ganking happens, tracks happen and should not be changed. learning to sneak while mining, looking around, dont get tunnel vision (haha made a pun), level up, listen to sounds if you can (you can hear people break blocks or walking), donate for drop transfer (not necessary and not everyone can do it, but it helps), level up (seriously, people hunt you less as a higher level, and I know I said level up twice), group up, dont announce in public chats you found stuff, dont make a target of yourself by talking alot while mining, protect your stuff in LWC's, mining farther away from spawn, and getting good are all ways to reduce chance of ganks.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
"ok so you are saying a skill that gives you cords to a player within a 50 block radius is more accurate than a skill that leads you directly to them and tells you if they are close or not...? -Trazil" Isn't that exactly what I just said and didn't you read the reasons I gave?
"And I just love how you only read on of my suggestions on how to avoid getting killed while mining" I don't even know what you mean by this.
ok first you didn't give a reasons except at long range which doesn't make a difference, second I mean you totally ignored my other suggestions on how to avoid getting killed

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Deathmark only allows yo uto see the location of a player with your compass for 30 seconds. Besides, even if you were to follow the exact angle the compass is pointed at for those 30 seconds it would still not be nearly as accurate as coordinates are, especially at long range.
Even when one mines with a group, higer level people/groups still come after you, and if they were to die they'd just get more people to join them.

In my opinion i prefer Ninja's deathmark over Ranger's track. If you have a little bit of understanding about deathmark and how it works it's really easy to track miners with it.