• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Track ability on Ranger class change

gontron

Stone
Now, I haven't played herocraft a ton, but the time I have I've gotten ganked while mining multiple times, and never EVER had a chance against my attackers, as they were by far higer level and better equipped on top of the usual 2v1ing or more.
I think this mostly comes off of how incredibly easy it is for rangers to track players anywhere. The fact that it costs 1 compass, has a 40 second cool down, and is a incredibly accurate guess is in my opinion incredibly overpowered/broken.
Now I understand that people will tell me, "go play on Shrine if you don't like how pvp works". That said, I do like the ability to pvp other people, but when I just get unfairly ganked by higer level players constantly, it become unbearable. Getting back on track every time I get killed is incredibly hard as I lose practically everything aside from hoe/armor.
I think the way Track on Rangers work should be changed, either a) make the cooldown by far higer(I'd recommend this) b) Make each track cost more than a compass c) make the accuracy of the skill by far lower (150 to 250 blocks).

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
One thing to realize is soon as of patch 5.30 items will be transferrable from shrine to haven so u can mine there in peace and get ur loot into haven. A tip get a lwc chest and put ur loot in it or hide one if you cant afford it.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Another tip have your large soul fragment on your hotbar and if u are getting attacked scroll over to it and die with it

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Honestly it's not an issue with the skill so much as what people use it for which cant really be change. When I first joined the server last map Track had no reagent, a very low CD, and compasses actively followed targets. It has none of that now so at least that's a happy thought. This same thing happened to me last map. I would get tracked so often I wouldn't mine. It's just something you have to deal with.

You can defend yourself by holding valuables on death, carry lava buckets (for killing or if you're going to die and you don't want them to get your stuff), max your combat class, etc. Worst case you have to level on Shrine.

gontron

Stone
Maybe, but I think that if the cooldown became something like 4 or 6 hours atleast the mining would be bearable.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe, but I think that if the cooldown became something like 4 or 6 hours atleast the mining would be bearable.
No....just no.
4 to 6 HOURS? The only skills that have a CD longer than 8 minutes (I think recall is 8 which is what I'm basing this off) are Warp (Free port to spawn every 4 hours) Harmtouch and Layhands (15 minutes for either a large burst damage or a full heal).
Anything over 1 minute for a CD would be overkill. Selling tracks is a money maker. If you're gonna limit ranger why not make GTP a 4 hour CD? Or make Hellgate a 4 hour CD as well. No one would go for those.
Being tracked a lot is a pain, I know this. I was ganked, tracked, raided a shit load the past 2 maps, you gotta just get back on your feet.
Easy ways to avoid this is
A) Stay out of chats (By this I mean don't be a troll and don't draw attention to yourself)
B) Don't announce you're mining (Please don't be one of those idiots who gives out their coords in chat than complains about dying)
C) Mine VERY VERY low so people cant easily see your name (Layers 12 - 14 are good)
D) Level in shrine. I'm sure this has been said but it is a viable option
E) Join a town. Having town mates means you can call for backup and murder them instead
F) Just move on (I was tracked across the map by 6 people to the world border for no reason other than they dislike the leader of my soon to be town)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I disagree with this whole thread entirely, has a 50 block radius which actually I wish it would give exact cords in my opinion, the cooldown on track is fine and reagent is fine, I don't think that I have been killed once while mining on this server

things that may help are: turning your sound all the way up so you can hear people mining down to you, don't be in a town that flames many MANY fights, go mining with a group, or mine when there isn't a ranger or ninja on, you could also go farmer and not mine at all.

This thread really isn't about how ranger's tracking skill is overpowered or you would have put in deathmark from ninja also its just you getting killed then trying to get the thing killing you nerfed

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I disagree with this whole thread entirely, has a 50 block radius which actually I wish it would give exact cords in my opinion, the cooldown on track is fine and reagent is fine, I don't think that I have been killed once while mining on this server

Killed every time I mine, all the time, never a chance

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
My only request is to make it a tad more inacurate, or have a chance of random cords completly irrelivant. Otherwise it is a completely balanced skill :D ( Heck this is even more balanced than my own class )

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
My only request is to make it a tad more inacurate, or have a chance of random cords completly irrelivant. Otherwise it is a completely balanced skill :D ( Heck this is even more balanced than my own class )
if it is a completely balanced skill why would you change it?
its a waste of time to try and fix something that isn't broken

gontron

Stone
Deathmark only allows yo uto see the location of a player with your compass for 30 seconds. Besides, even if you were to follow the exact angle the compass is pointed at for those 30 seconds it would still not be nearly as accurate as coordinates are, especially at long range.
Even when one mines with a group, higer level people/groups still come after you, and if they were to die they'd just get more people to join them.

gontron

Stone
And I quote from my other thread, Trazil, "Not fixing, modifying. That's what suggestions are about. Exploits and glitches is for things that are broken. This thread is here to do what I believe is improving the server. Please stop posting such useless and ignorant comments on a thread that is actually there to do something, Trazil."

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Deathmark only allows yo uto see the location of a player with your compass for 30 seconds. Besides, even if you were to follow the exact angle the compass is pointed at for those 30 seconds it would still not be nearly as accurate as coordinates are, especially at long range.
Even when one mines with a group, higer level people/groups still come after you, and if they were to die they'd just get more people to join them.
ok so you are saying a skill that gives you cords to a player within a 50 block radius is more accurate than a skill that leads you directly to them and tells you if they are close or not...? And I just love how you only read on of my suggestions on how to avoid getting killed while mining :D

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
It's not as OP as others think it is, I used over 20 compasses tracking 1 guy, just because the coords were a little off.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you, but no, its not at all OP and shouldn't be changed at all.

What i do (so i don't get tracked) is wake up super early some days so i get 2-3 hours before any rangers are usually on, or anyone for that matter.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Deathmark only allows yo uto see the location of a player with your compass for 30 seconds. Besides, even if you were to follow the exact angle the compass is pointed at for those 30 seconds it would still not be nearly as accurate as coordinates are, especially at long range.
2. Even when one mines with a group, higer level people/groups still come after you, and if they were to die they'd just get more people to join them.
1. Deathmark is at least as easy to hunt and kill someone with as Track is, possibly easier.

2. This describes several aspects of gameplay: Mining, PvP, and Community/Party Teamwork. HeroCraft promotes all of these, and if Track encourages them as you claim, it is not a point against the skill. It should be dangerous in an RPG to venture out if you are not a high level in your combat class, or if you are alone.

gontron

Stone
1.Fair enough, I actually didn't even know about Deathmark when I started this thread and thought the only ability that could track players was Trace, so I can't really defend my point here.
2.This quote was just my response to what he had said, covering the points that he had argued. Nevertheless, I'll still elaborate.
a)Ganking is not pvp. Ganking is going up against a group or person with the straight intention to kill them and take their stuff while not giving them a chance to kill you at all, as you're a higer level and/or got better gear than the other person and/or have more people to team with you against them. When this is practiced against people who can't even get diamond tools because of how much they get killed every time they mine, it's unbearable for the player.
b)It does describe mining, yes. But it describes exactly how incredibly hard it is for someone to mine and level themselves up while being constantly tracked and ganked.
c) If what you mean by "Community/Party Teamwork" is how people team up to kill you, yes, there's plenty of that in what I'm talking about.

gontron

Stone
"ok so you are saying a skill that gives you cords to a player within a 50 block radius is more accurate than a skill that leads you directly to them and tells you if they are close or not...? -Trazil" Isn't that exactly what I just said and didn't you read the reasons I gave?
"And I just love how you only read on of my suggestions on how to avoid getting killed while mining" I don't even know what you mean by this.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
2.This quote was just my response to what he had said, covering the points that he had argued. Nevertheless, I'll still elaborate.
a)Ganking is not pvp. Ganking is going up against a group or person with the straight intention to kill them and take their stuff while not giving them a chance to kill you at all, as you're a higer level and/or got better gear than the other person and/or have more people to team with you against them. When this is practiced against people who can't even get diamond tools because of how much they get killed every time they mine, it's unbearable for the player.
b)It does describe mining, yes. But it describes exactly how incredibly hard it is for someone to mine and level themselves up while being constantly tracked and ganked.
c) If what you mean by "Community/Party Teamwork" is how people team up to kill you, yes, there's plenty of that in what I'm talking about.

a) Yes, actually. Ganking is part of PvP. You will see other parts of PvP once you join a town or a pvp group. Get Allies!!!
b) Mining IS hard if you do not level your combat class first, you will die to mobs and players. Level your combat class, and Get Allies!!!
c) If someone has a team, get your own team. If your team needs more people, recruit them to your town/guild. You need to realize that this is how the server functions rather than complain about not being able to solo a RPG server. Get Allies!!!

ALSO: Making a thread like this that says you got ganked too many times actually encourages people to track you and gank you...

edit: here's some forums help VVV
Click this quote to see the post I am referring to (hint its right above this one). You are confusing everyone. Please use the Quoting system, instead of using quotation marks and a name following the quote...

gontron

Stone
I'm sure that if we all cut out the parts that we can argue back we could do just fine. (Referring to the fact that you just cut out half of my response to the second point to make your response valid)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm sure that if we all cut out the parts that we can argue back we could do just fine. (Referring to the fact that you just cut out half of my response to the second point)
I edited the portion of your post that I quoted for succinctness, I did not change ANY of the meanings of your points. However since you complained about it I returned the entirety of your post (the #2 A, B, and C) back.
Edit: Now quit complaining and read what I offered. This is not a server you can solo, @gontron