• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships + Mechanics Feedback

drpepper1344

Soulsand
4. Please add a live market like there was pre-reset, and also the ability to sell most ingots to the server if players don't want to wait on the market (of course they would probably get less money for them if they do that ) and free /spawn even when you have chosen a profession.

11. Please add /sethome and /home with a decent delay (10 seconds seems good to me).

Most of the ideas you presented I agree with, but these two don't seem in-line with the hardcore mentality of Herocraft:

Not so much the live market part, but the free /spawn. It has always been expensive to get to spawn. Once you spec, you have always had to either paid a wizard to port you to spawn, or had to take the chance of dying with your goods as you walk to spawn. As is, i see three redstone blocks as a small price to pay to /warp, especially if you are carrying a decent amount of items to sell.

On the next point, we already have /skill mark and /skill recall, neither of which have long cool-downs, but both of which cannot be used in combat. This gets rid of the annoying thing that most servers with those commands have, which is another form of combat logging. By not being able to use /skill recall in combat, you either have to beat the challengers so they die/run away, or you have to get far enough away yourself that you have time to lose your combat tag and recall.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
1. Please add a profession that specializes in fishing, that can get increased rewards from fishing and higher chances of rare drops
Farmer already gets more Drops from fishing, can fish up Leather Armor and Golden Apples.

2. I don't personally need this but it'd also be cool to have a 'Builder' profession that has boosts when building things.
How would this work? What do you mean "Boosts"?

Miner and Farmer are both great for gathering materials.

4. Please add a live market like there was pre-reset, and also the ability to sell most ingots to the server if players don't want to wait on the market (of course they would probably get less money for them if they do that ) and free /spawn even when you have chosen a profession.
This killed Trade, and let anyone sell anything. IMO we should just have a DHX for Gold and Shards, and then a Trade District for player shops.

5. Please make it easier for party members to see where eachother are, maybe a name tag that you can see through blocks for a limited distance or something similar.
Believe this is planned.

6. Less varying in bow shots, sometimes I feel like it takes me 10 shots to kill a skeleton and other times 2, I don't know if it's the damage varying or something else but it's just something I noticed.
Bug with the Beta.

8. Towns: some way for strong enough towns and individual people who aren't in towns to take over territory a town owns. Maybe through the amount of money the town/individual has (this probably wouldn't really work well) or maybe some metric that increases every day for each town member that came online (for example a town has 20 members and 5 come on, that town's "power" increases by 50), and the same thing could happen for individuals so if a lone wolf wants to take over a town he can if they're weak enough. In addition, every week a person is inactive it could decrease by 5 to prevent towns hoarding newbies or alts that never play. I just want this because I don't like that there is no way to attack another town.
A Warring system is in development.

11. Please add /sethome and /home with a decent delay (maybe 10 seconds if you want idk)
We already have Mark and Recall, which prevent using /home to avoid death/combat.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
/skills no longer shows available skills should be showing what /hero skills shows.

Kotios

Iron
Farmer already gets more Drops from fishing, can fish up Leather Armor and Golden Apples.

How would this work? What do you mean "Boosts"?

Miner and Farmer are both great for gathering materials.

This killed Trade, and let anyone sell anything. IMO we should just have a DHX for Gold and Shards, and then a Trade District for player shops.

Believe this is planned.

Bug with the Beta.

A Warring system is in development.

We already have Mark and Recall, which prevent using /home to avoid death/combat.

1. I mean a profession that is mostly/only fishing, it could be able to fish up gear for all classes and not only bows and fishing rods, it could fish up enchanted leather armor and possibly other enchanted armor at higher levels, and other things like that. Also, fishing really doesn't go with farming so idk why farmers are able to do that.

2. I meant a profession that was good for placing blocks, not gathering the but I really don't know where I was going with it because I don't have any idea how someone could have an advantage in placing blocks, maybe temporary flight or world edit or a chance to not use up a block when it's placed (that block could also not yield anything once it's broken to prevent duping), also maybe the ability to place any blocks even if it doesn't belong to it's profession? stuff like that

3. I really liked the little live trade chest in the market, maybe to prevent it from 'killing trade' as you said then putting weapons and armor on it could be barred, I actually really like the trade district thing over everything I said prior so ignore that, it would be really cool if there was an area in spawn where people could put their shops once they mastered their profession (or whatever level it is you need to get shops) (are shops chests?) and have little signs on the chest describing it and sorta advertising it.

Yeah the dude who posted before you made it a little clearer that mark and recall are there.

5. Please make it easier for party members to see where eachother are, maybe a name tag that you can see through blocks for a limited distance or something similar.
On one server I saw they turned the text area above the user's hotbar as a compass like utility pointing toward party members

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
entire elo system just rewards whoever killed the most noobs and didn't unluckily crash/dc in a fight to lose 100 noobs worth of kills. Idk what could replace it but the system is terrible, past a certain rating you only gain 1 elo per kill on fresh players but they are the easiest to find so it just adds up, it's not a measure of skill at all.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
entire elo system just rewards whoever killed the most noobs and didn't unluckily crash/dc in a fight to lose 100 noobs worth of kills. Idk what could replace it but the system is terrible, past a certain rating you only gain 1 elo per kill on fresh players but they are the easiest to find so it just adds up, it's not a measure of skill at all.

ELO is supposed to give you less rating for winning against lesser-rated people, and lose more if you lose against them.
Try fighting people other than noobs, the rating is working as intended.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

ELO is supposed to give you less rating for winning against lesser-rated people, and lose more if you lose against them.
I think his point is that you can still just grind noobs for ELO.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I think his point is that you can still just grind noobs for ELO.
ELO is made more for a matchmade system, where it's used to determine combatants that are supposed to be similar in rating.
In a system like HC where you fight whatever you want, of course grinding noobs comes up as a strategy, but it gets less and less effective as you get higher up.
The thing is, there should also be others on the map who aren't noobs (crazy thought) and you could try fighting them.

The only solutions I know of are to rip it out entirely, or fight people that actually can fight, leading to higher gains and less losses.

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
On one server I saw they turned the text area above the user's hotbar as a compass like utility pointing toward party members
That would be really sweet in knowing where your party is. I hate posting cords every few seconds when we're chasing people.

Warforged79

Soulsand
Just to let you know, yesterday i made to practice towns. The 2nd town aptly names "TEST2" had a situation when i have 5 people in the town then DC'd on relogging in i was unable to invite a new member to the own and received the message that i do not have Permission to invite people into the town i was mayor/owner of

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
ELO is made more for a matchmade system, where it's used to determine combatants that are supposed to be similar in rating.
In a system like HC where you fight whatever you want, of course grinding noobs comes up as a strategy, but it gets less and less effective as you get higher up.
The thing is, there should also be others on the map who aren't noobs (crazy thought) and you could try fighting them.

The only solutions I know of are to rip it out entirely, or fight people that actually can fight, leading to higher gains and less losses.
yeah... I feel like ELO promotes newb killing even still, but its better than just straight KD/R - right?

Kotios

Iron
If I have more to add I'll just copy and paste this into a new post with the new things added.
I'm sure you've already seen at least some of these, feel free to ignore those.
White, bold, text is new, blacked out text is redacted.
Text in italics are ways that the idea could be monetized.
If any of my ideas are used feel free to change them however you want.
Thanks for hopefully at least reading this.

1. Please add a
profession that is mostly/only fishing, it could have the ability to fish up gear for all classes instead of only bows and fishing rods, it could fish up enchanted leather armor and possibly other enchanted armor at higher levels, and things like that. Also, fishing really doesn't go with farming so it doesn't make too much sense for farmers to get boosts doing that.

2. I don't personally need this but it'd also be cool to have a 'Builder' profession that has boosts when building things. Builders could possibly have temporary flight to assist in building and maybe very limited world edit, and maybe a chance to not use up a block when it is placed (block wouldn't yield anything to prevent duping) and the ability to place blocks that don't belong to it's profession are things it could do.

3. I know you already know but this is just to add to the list so I don't forget: farmer skills are almost all broken from what I've seen as a level 35 farmer.

4. Please add a live market like there was pre-reset, and also the ability to sell most ingots to the server if players don't want to wait on the market (of course they would probably get less money for them if they do that ) and free /spawn even when you have chosen a profession. An area for high leveled players and merchant to set up shop in spawn and sell their goods. To monetize this, premium or paying players could get more highlighted shops or custom banners to advertise themselves better than non-paying players.

5. Please make it easier for party members to see where each other are, maybe a name tag that you can see through blocks for a limited distance or something similar.

6. Less varying in bow shots, sometimes I feel like it takes me 10 shots to kill a skeleton and other times 2, I don't know if it's the damage varying or something else but it's just something I noticed.

7. Clickable text in spawn like there was pre-reset, so that new players can easily pick classes and more importantly please add a section that says, for example "To learn basics about the game go to hc.to/guide and to learn about your class go to hc.to/wiki" because I feel like there are a lot of new players asking questions that can easily be found on the wiki.

8. Towns: some way for strong enough towns and individual people who aren't in towns to take over territory a town owns. Maybe through the amount of money the town/individual has (this probably wouldn't really work well) or maybe some metric that increases every day for each town member that came online (for example a town has 20 members and 5 come on, that town's "power" increases by 50), and the same thing could happen for individuals so if a lone wolf wants to take over a town he can if they're weak enough. In addition, every week a person is inactive it could decrease by 5 to prevent towns hoarding newbies or alts that never play. I just want this because I don't like that there is no way to attack another town.

9. Towns: There should be multiple town banks of varying sizes that are unlocked as the town levels up, the town leader should have complete control of who gets to view and deposit and withdraw from all of them, in addition a town leader or just town members should be able to buy more town banks and increase the size of current town banks.

10. Towns: Town leader should have control over town spawn and choose if it's free or not (if not the money goes into town bank) and where it is in addition to what ranks can use it and what ranks can't, maybe even different costs per rank if the leader wishes. Town spawn, as with all possibly long distance teleports should have a long delay, and I think 10 seconds is plenty.

11. Please add /sethome and /home with a decent delay (10 seconds seems good to me).

12. Elo: To balance it, the elo reward for killing a certain player should decrease exponentially upon consecutive kills, until it reaches 0 after a certain number of kills. In addition this wouldn't be permanent so that after maybe a day maybe a week whatever is decided on, the reward goes back up slowly until it is back to the 'base' amount. To clarify: if Bob killed john once he would get the base reward of 50. On the second kill it would be 25, then 12, then 6, then 3, then 1, then 0. Further kills would reward nothing. A week later Bob kills john again and he gets the full reward of 50 and it (maybe) repeats.

13. Runesmith seems rather expensive to me, I don't know if it really is but it's just something I've noticed while reading about the professions.

14. Give the enchanter the ability to attempt to enchant an in-hand item anywhere, provided they have the required resources, giving it a randomly (or not) selected enchant with a high chance to fail. Higher level enchanters may have a better chance for stronger enchants and could have lower chances to fail enchants. I feel like this would put then enchanter on-par with the blacksmith as a blacksmith can repair without the use of an anvil.

@Kainzo

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
If I have more to add I'll just copy and paste this into a new post with the new things added.
I'm sure you've already seen at least some of these, feel free to ignore those.

2. I don't personally need this but it'd also be cool to have a 'Builder' profession that has boosts when building things. Builders could possibly have temporary flight to assist in building and maybe very limited world edit, and maybe a chance to not use up a block when it is placed (block wouldn't yield anything to prevent duping) and the ability to place blocks that don't belong to it's profession are things it could do.

3. I know you already know but this is just to add to the list so I don't forget: farmer skills are almost all broken from what I've seen as a level 35 farmer.

4. An area for high leveled players and merchant to set up shop in spawn and sell their goods. To monetize this, premium or paying players could get more highlighted shops or custom banners to advertise themselves better than non-paying players.

8. Towns: some way for strong enough towns and individual people who aren't in towns to take over territory a town owns.

10. Towns: Town leader should have control over town spawn and choose if it's free or not (if not the money goes into town bank) and where it is in addition to what ranks can use it and what ranks can't, maybe even different costs per rank if the leader wishes. Town spawn, as with all possibly long distance teleports should have a long delay, and I think 10 seconds is plenty.

12. Elo: To balance it, the elo reward for killing a certain player should decrease exponentially upon consecutive kills, until it reaches 0 after a certain number of kills.

14. I feel like this would put then enchanter on-par with the blacksmith as a blacksmith can repair without the use of an anvil.
  • Please just edit a post or post new changes, rather than reposting the entire thing. If we wanted to see your prior thoughts, we would just go back in the thread and read them
  • Flight is OP as all hell, probably not happening. WorldEdit ruins the idea of builds being legitimate. We can't track permanently if a block is placed by some means or not, this meaning it would eventually dupe (and it likely wouldn't take that long)
  • Farmer skills aren't broken; no mobs are allowed to spawn in towns currently. It should work once more the next time a town update that works gets pushed.
  • Leader can control spawn point with /town set spawn, it will not be free (the actual /town spawn cmd will be disabled or redirected to /skill townspawn if it's even allowed at all) and price is set by the server as a moneysink. We had it like this last map.
  • That's not how elo works. Elo is a defined system, that's like saying you should change the definition of a Block.
  • Smith repairs without anvils because we can't control anvils; the client processes what it thinks the level requirement should be on its side, won't let you do it if it's "too expensive" and visually takes away that amount of levels until a new amount is sent to it. Enchanting, we have slightly more control over.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
profession that is mostly/only fishing, it could have the ability to fish up gear for all classes instead of only bows and fishing rods, it could fish up enchanted leather armor and possibly other enchanted armor at higher levels, and things like that. Also, fishing really doesn't go with farming so it doesn't make too much sense for farmers to get boosts doing that.
Why would we make an entire Prof for Fishing? Farmers don't just have to till crops, real farmers often Fish and Gather as well, hence Fishing, Logging, and Herbalsim.

An area for high leveled players and merchant to set up shop in spawn and sell their goods. To monetize this, premium or paying players could get more highlighted shops or custom banners to advertise themselves better than non-paying players.
The TD has always had Shops for rent, where based on your profession, you could place chest shops. There's no need to try to monetize a system that already works.

13. Runesmith seems rather expensive to me, I don't know if it really is but it's just something I've noticed while reading about the professions.
Money Sink, but also the ability to place a warp point pretty much anywhere you want. Makes sense to cost a good amount.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5

Find me people to fight the rest hide in towns

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
The current top elo player logs at the sight of anybody above level 20, I'm the second top and I blink into the sky to die from pve