• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Townships] Colonies

connormcwood

Legacy Supporter 2
Im sorry but i do not really like this idea; I would prefer to keep it how it is at the moment :)

Watter_Bottle

Legacy Supporter 4
This idea seems like the shit. I say why not, herocraft has changed so much (from what ive heard) from way back when right?

well maybe this idea piece will fit much nicer in the puzzle of herocraft :)

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I'm thinking of doing something more like Outposts/Colonies that can be fought over by different Kingdoms. Towns wouldn't be able to control them by themselves, instead the kingdoms (and by extension those towns that are a part of the Kingdom) would fight over designated 'colony/outpost' areas. Thoughts?

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Yes! But these Colony/Outpost's have to give a significant enough of a bonus to keep for them to be warred over constantly. Is it possible to code it so it is automatic so no admin/mod needs to manage each one?

agentjwall

Godly
  • Township info:
    • 32m radius (75 diameter) ring.
I believe this is an error, a radius of 32 would yield a diameter of 65 not 75:
32+32=64
64+1(center block)= 65
Just though I'd point that out...
I like the idea though, although I believe it would need to "fleshed out" a bit more before it would seem feasible to add it. It seems a colony's only purpose is to give cities a base of operations for PvP and nothing else. Maybe it could give some other benefits *like hero-gates between colonies and their mother countries maybe.
* I know this would be abused and would completely throw off the balance of hero-craft but i'm simply throwing ideas out there.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
This is kinda off-topic, but is there a township plugin in the works?

Yup, right now we're just working on a command framework w/ chat stuff to allow players to make the player town framework. Most likely towns wont be circular in the future so we can make plots more easily distributed among the city area.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
What I think it should do for the taxer:

Mayors can set a tax amount and it will be automatically collected from all citizens. When taxes are raised/lowered, citizens are given a one-playing session notice before being taxed, giving them a chance to leave if the tax is set outrageously high. Taxes go to the mayor of the town.