• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Townships] Colonies

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
The idea is a kind of township called a colony. It must be tied to a town (or kingdom), whose mayor is its highest authority.
  • Township info:
    • 37m radius (75 diameter) ring.
    • Costs 3k-c to make.
    • 150c upkeep.
    • 5 citizens (who cannot be listed as those of the parent town)
  • It must be at least 300m away from the nearest town (including the parent town), 50m from the nearest sister colony, and 100m from any other colony (can be grandfathered into proximity of a town).
  • Towns are granted 1 colony, cities 2 colonies, and capitals 3 colonies.
  • Colonies have the following chain of command:
    • (If applicable) King
    • (If applicable) Kingdom SIC
    • Parent Mayor
    • Parent SIC(s)
    • Colony Governor (appointed by Mayor)
    • Colony SIC (appointed by Mayor/Governor)

EDIT:
  • Colonies are not like other townships in that they can be bought and sold by the parent town's mayor (or King).
  • Colonies can only be forced off their land if a Town+ ring goes DIRECTLY through it.
    • Colonies can end up very close to other towns, giving the parent town strategic advantages.
    • Kingdom pylons must go around a colony.
    • It can be within 100r of a town ring that was created AFTER the colony.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
Colonies already exist. They are normal townships but they can be a part of a kingdom. While not being counted as the first three towns that have to be close to each other. A good example is Tar Valon and KoE last map.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
I mean as an official way to connect a town and a small settlement.
EDIT: Sometimes even your closest friends can't be trusted (i.e. with leadership), as Shiro-Praxans learned the hard way.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
and this might seem stupid but we could also have tps from each one so we can get around to the towns faster-colonies.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
So your basically saying bring back hamlets? There were so many when they existed. I completely disagree with this, then everyone on the map could be a mayor...

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
What are hamlets?
Not EVERYONE can be a mayor, as Colonies cost 3k-c to create and must be tied to a parent town.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
It was an olden day HC thing... Trust me any old member who read this would most likely say No...