• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Townships Alpha Testing Thread

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Questions for @gabizou:

1) If we have a town established already, will we need to "reacquire" our resources for this new township plugin? I ask this because I was just about to choose my actual town location based off of the required resource list that has been in place since Haven began in October & need to know if in doing so I will be having to reaccumulate everything again if I pull the trigger on my town's location today.
No, when we convert to the new Townships plugin, we'll keep the current towns where they're at and simply Townships will force upgrade their regions to the new system.

2) Is there any talk of adding the ability to create subregions within a town (akin to what the trade district or noble plots have) so that we can have our townmembers pay a weekly fee for their space? This would maybe satisfy the "Tax" aspect, and if someone let their area lapse, then it would be akin to "not paying taxes" and the person could be kicked and/or the content of the area taken for the town.

-yav
Sub regions will be available but do not have any sort of monetary taxes involved.
I have heard rumors in the air that named/unique/rare drop items are going to be required as a component to make a town come the update. I was hoping to understand more about how this will be implemented if indeed it is true. Where all of the historic items used to make a town can be created and/or obtained through the colletive efforts of the aspiring townmembers, rare drop items cannot; rather, they are dumb luck. I can with 100% honesty say that I've mastered two classes already and have yet to see a *single* rare item drop. I use a Looting III item almost all the time to last hit - still no dice. Not a single one.
All I've stated is that the custom drops such as "Mana shards" have a possibility to be requirements in code, not the specific requirements. I find it hard to believe that you have found no custom item drops aside from weapons while in HC while still finding things like soul shards.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
No, when we convert to the new Townships plugin, we'll keep the current towns where they're at and simply Townships will force upgrade their regions to the new system.

Sub regions will be available but do not have any sort of monetary taxes involved.

All I've stated is that the custom drops such as "Mana shards" have a possibility to be requirements in code, not the specific requirements. I find it hard to believe that you have found no custom item drops aside from weapons while in HC while still finding things like soul shards.

Thanks for the reply, @gabizou. We have all the materials to create our town & I'd like to do it before the Town ship plugin is implemented... but we are still waiting for the map to increase to 5000R. It was supposed to be Friday....

Any word on when the Map will go through its final (and higly anticipated) final expansion to 5000R?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Are you going to be implementing titles like SiC and Manager, or just Mayor? Or are the town channels going to be similar to that of /tc?
Currently, only Manager, Successor, and Mayor get titles. I'll also be adding in the ability for managers+ to mod the channel if you guys would like.

Thanks for the reply, @gabizou. We have all the materials to create our town & I'd like to do it before the Town ship plugin is implemented... but we are still waiting for the map to increase to 5000R. It was supposed to be Friday....

Any word on when the Map will go through its final (and higly anticipated) final expansion to 5000R?
I have not much to do with the 5000r expansion as that is a @Kainzo plan that I wasn't aware was supposed to happen. I'm sure there's a good excuse for it to have been delayed.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Currently, only Manager, Successor, and Mayor get titles. I'll also be adding in the ability for managers+ to mod the channel if you guys would like.

Those are the only 3 i feel that are needed at the moment anyway, and i'm sure most would agree!

Of course we'd love to have the ability for managers+ to mod the channel :p

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Are you going to be implementing titles like SiC and Manager, or just Mayor? Or are the town channels going to be similar to that of /tc?
So far it just appends [mayor] to their existing title and that's it.
IMMEDIATE EDIT: Derp, didn't see the page split, whoops.

RagingDragon5

Portal
When you do /town who (name), you have to put their full name to see what town they are in. You can no longer abbreviate, and I'm guessing this was to show offline players as well. If we can't abbreviate their name it will be hard to see offline people because some people have difficult names.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
When you do /town who (name), you have to put their full name to see what town they are in. You can no longer abbreviate, and I'm guessing this was to show offline players as well. If we can't abbreviate their name it will be hard to see offline people because some people have difficult names.
You can use the Tab key to auto fill the rest of their name, yes, this only works for online players. I'm not going to bother attempting to fetch an Offline player with a abbreviated name when there's over 50k individual players that have logged in the server already. First, it's time consuming, second, it's really really bad practice to attempt to do that.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
just letting you know there is an error in how it shows what you deposit in the town bank

dVwMwav.png

also there is a taxing error you should know about

ZwpHiod.png

this is after we deposited 400 souls and it took them and said we missed another tax

Last edited:

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Pending time that I have to actually finish reworking commands, there will be more tests this weekend.

Hey @gabizou, I sent you a /pe on the Shrine server, but also wanted to see if I could catch you here. I think the /town reclaim is off by one to the north on the Z coordinate. I tested it again like we did before when I thought I mistakenly stood in the wrong spot for Alpine (where it reregistered the region as 475x-61z instead of 475x-60z) and this time I stood directly on -60.00z, and it still registered as -61. Based on the ground markings of the original 476x-60z region, it has offset everything one to the north of its original location.

I wanted to bring that to your attention, and was curious if along the way as we retest it if I can get Alpine back in its original spot of 475x -60z :)

The 475x coordinate seems to be working fine when /town reclaim is used, even if not standing directly on the 475.00 coordinate.

-yav

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Hey @gabizou, I sent you a /pe on the Shrine server, but also wanted to see if I could catch you here. I think the /town reclaim is off by one to the north on the Z coordinate. I tested it again like we did before when I thought I mistakenly stood in the wrong spot for Alpine (where it reregistered the region as 475x-61z instead of 475x-60z) and this time I stood directly on -60.00z, and it still registered as -61. Based on the ground markings of the original 476x-60z region, it has offset everything one to the north of its original location.

I wanted to bring that to your attention, and was curious if along the way as we retest it if I can get Alpine back in its original spot of 475x -60z :)

The 475x coordinate seems to be working fine when /town reclaim is used, even if not standing directly on the 475.00 coordinate.

-yav
Come the fixes of Townships later today, we'll have a chance to "/town reclaim" both towns. It uses the server's location of the player, so, I do believe the client is showing intact two numbers (a whole number, and a decimal number) and the plugin can only read the whole number.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
it would be nice if the Mayor could give a player a certain amount of time before they get auto kicked incase the player is on vacation somewhere

the mayor can always leave the kicked player's home and items the way they are for when the kicked player comes back.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
bug report

/town bank deposit tnt 200 (i have 127 tnt in my inventory)(profession Alchemist)
/town confirm
internal error

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
It appears that the new plugin has created ever-so-slightly larger town borders. Don't ask me how I know that. >.> <.<

Also, when you deposit a special crafting ingredient, the confirmation window asks you to confirm depositing the normal counterpart. IE, it says you're depositing Emeralds when you're depositing Peridots. I didn't want to lose my precious peridots so I tried it with some leather straps, checked "/town bank view" and saw that it had indeed counted them as the special ingredients.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
bug report

/town bank deposit tnt 200 (i have 127 tnt in my inventory)(profession Alchemist)
/town confirm
internal error
Bug already fixed.
It appears that the new plugin has created ever-so-slightly larger town borders. Don't ask me how I know that. >.> <.<
Elaborate? I had to set an offset to increase the radius by 1 due to math, but this shouldn't make regions any larger than they were originally (Infact, people who used the glowstone rings to dig out their town will notice that the new regioned area is not covering the entire ring. Hence why we never recommend building up to the region borders). And then in some areas, the regions are expanded due to the 36 point polygon to mimic a circular shape.

Also, when you deposit a special crafting ingredient, the confirmation window asks you to confirm depositing the normal counterpart. IE, it says you're depositing Emeralds when you're depositing Peridots. I didn't want to lose my precious peridots so I tried it with some leather straps, checked "/town bank view" and saw that it had indeed counted them as the special ingredients.
I can look into fixing it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I had to reclaim my township again, and same as last time, I was on the exact coord, and it claimed one block over.

I am standing on
x: 1832.47327
y: -1608.45585

and it claimed
1832, -1609

It reclaimed as a hamlet and not a town, and am now missing all the upgrade requirements.

Last edited:

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I had to reclaim my township again, and same as last time, I was on the exact coord, and it claimed one block over.

I am standing on
x: 1832.47327
y: -1608.45585

and it claimed
1832, -1609

It reclaimed as a hamlet and not a town, and am now missing all the upgrade requirements.
Spoke about this in game, the number that it uses is Minecraft's interal system that uses whole numbers. the numbers being pulled for the center are correct.