• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Townships Alpha Testing Thread

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
So! As some people know now, HeroTowns has been under a full rewrite for a few months and is nearing completion and renamed to Townships. The new plugin is introducing automated Herochat channels for towns, automated inactivity pruning and automatic town downgrading/removal under specific circumstances. Having that said, a lot of the system having been rewritten from the ground up requires a bit of testing for the basic features that we have been used to in the existing HeroTowns.

Now, here's a nice list of bugs and the date and time they were fixed:
  • /town accept <townName> doesn't work! Fixed!
  • /town setrank <playerName> <rank> doesn't show a message! In Progress
  • /town list members "An Internal error occurred" Fixed!
  • After a restart of test server, you loose your town membership! Fixed!
  • /town cost : "An Internal error occurred" Fixed!
  • Any other errors/bugs to note.

So please, share this thread and please reply with any bugs you find on TEST server.

Last edited by a moderator:

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
gabi are mayors getting their titles with this update too?
They will get "titles" when speaking in their town channels, not looking to manage handling title creation and such for all channels as we're moving cross server, towns won't be similar across them.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Are town requirements changing ? As in how many Souls and / or material requirements ?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Are town requirements changing ? As in how many Souls and / or material requirements ?
The whole point of rewriting HeroTowns was to allow for custom items (ignoring enchantments), so those Mana Shards and such are going to be part of the requirements (maybe).

Only question I have is what determines inactivity? Would it be logging on within an (X) amount of days/weeks ?
Last time a player logged off + 1 week (configurable).

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
it would be nice if the Mayor could give a player a certain amount of time before they get auto kicked incase the player is on vacation somewhere

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
it would be nice if the Mayor could give a player a certain amount of time before they get auto kicked incase the player is on vacation somewhere
It would be nice, but if a player is indeed not logging in for x time, the server as a whole considers them inactive. Mind you, while regions are automatically being generated but not automatically granting access to all citizens (only Mayor). So, given that, the town region and subregion access wouldn't be taken away, unless they were specifically kicked from the town or labeled as "ENEMY".
Will there be an automatic configurable Citizen tax system in this version?
Citizen taxes are kinda eh, it would require storing more data to the citizen and how many times would they have to miss a tax before getting kicked etc.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Citizen taxes are kinda eh, it would require storing more data to the citizen and how many times would they have to miss a tax before getting kicked etc.

True... But is it viable? or at least is a basic version viable, so hard coding values that could be chosen from?

E.g. the mayor could choose to taxe 10, 15, 20 etc, or 2, 3 or 4 missed taxes...

I know its not exactly ideal, but it is a much wanted feature that would relieve town mayors/managers of having to collect taxes manually..

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
True... But is it viable? or at least is a basic version viable, so hard coding values that could be chosen from?

E.g. the mayor could choose to taxe 10, 15, 20 etc, or 2, 3 or 4 missed taxes...

I know its not exactly ideal, but it is a much wanted feature that would relieve town mayors/managers of having to collect taxes manually..

Or give people the ability to see who has donated to the town bank - this makes paying taxes / and tracking who paid and who didn't easier. if citizen A says he paid to the bank and citizen B said he did and the bank increased by only 1 tax payment you currently have no way of knowing who did and did not.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Questions for @gabizou:

1) If we have a town established already, will we need to "reacquire" our resources for this new township plugin? I ask this because I was just about to choose my actual town location based off of the required resource list that has been in place since Haven began in October & need to know if in doing so I will be having to reaccumulate everything again if I pull the trigger on my town's location today.

2) Is there any talk of adding the ability to create subregions within a town (akin to what the trade district or noble plots have) so that we can have our townmembers pay a weekly fee for their space? This would maybe satisfy the "Tax" aspect, and if someone let their area lapse, then it would be akin to "not paying taxes" and the person could be kicked and/or the content of the area taken for the town.

-yav

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Or give people the ability to see who has donated to the town bank - this makes paying taxes / and tracking who paid and who didn't easier. if citizen A says he paid to the bank and citizen B said he did and the bank increased by only 1 tax payment you currently have no way of knowing who did and did not.

True, though people could just screenshot when they pay. But i do like your suggestion too...

Deztrox

Legacy Supporter 4
6MTDOZm

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7

Thats why we need/want an automatic tax system :p

Would require adding extra configuration options for each town to save citizen taxes, let alone have toggles. Granted, it is possible to set up gathering information about this kinda thing, it's rather annoying to code :p Let me get the core features working first and I'll add it in at a later date.

BTW, fixed town inviting.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Questions for @gabizou

1) If we have a town established already, will we need to "reacquire" our resources for this new township plugin? I ask this because I was just about to choose my actual town location based off of the required resource list that has been in place since Haven began in October & need to know if in doing so I will be having to reaccumulate everything again if I pull the trigger on my town's location today.

2) Is there any talk of adding the ability to create subregions within a town (akin to what the trade district or noble plots have) so that we can have our townmembers pay a weekly fee for their space? This would maybe satisfy the "Tax" aspect, and if someone let their area lapse, then it would be akin to "not paying taxes" and the person could be kicked and/or the content of the area taken for the town.

-yav

Bump @gabizou

I am hoping you can answer #1 sooner than later. I know you're busy with testing, but it is relevant to my next decision as to if I should create my township location now or wait until the Township update.

I have heard rumors in the air that named/unique/rare drop items are going to be required as a component to make a town come the update. I was hoping to understand more about how this will be implemented if indeed it is true. Where all of the historic items used to make a town can be created and/or obtained through the colletive efforts of the aspiring townmembers, rare drop items cannot; rather, they are dumb luck. I can with 100% honesty say that I've mastered two classes already and have yet to see a *single* rare item drop. I use a Looting III item almost all the time to last hit - still no dice. Not a single one.

I request that the items required to create a town be items that are obtainable by all HC folk with some certainty. Please allow the named and/or rare drop items to continue to be used for what they are supposed to be: to arm oneself with and fight with. The alternative to their use in battle will be that these items will become jacked-up in price higher than they already are, and this will only benefit already-established major population towns who have dozens of members grinding away to get those items.

-yav

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Bump @gabizou

I am hoping you can answer #1 sooner than later. I know you're busy with testing, but it is relevant to my next decision as to if I should create my township location now or wait until the Township update.

I have heard rumors in the air that named/unique/rare drop items are going to be required as a component to make a town come the update. I was hoping to understand more about how this will be implemented if indeed it is true. Where all of the historic items used to make a town can be created and/or obtained through the colletive efforts of the aspiring townmembers, rare drop items cannot; rather, they are dumb luck. I can with 100% honesty say that I've mastered two classes already and have yet to see a *single* rare item drop. I use a Looting III item almost all the time to last hit - still no dice. Not a single one.

I request that the items required to create a town be items that are obtainable by all HC folk with some certainty. Please allow the named and/or rare drop items to continue to be used for what they are supposed to be: to arm oneself with and fight with. The alternative to their use in battle will be that these items will become jacked-up in price higher than they already are, and this will only benefit already-established major population towns who have dozens of members grinding away to get those items.

-yav

Rare item drops don't have to be weapons. Remember that.