• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Townships Alpha Testing Thread

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Using /town delete region <regionName> returns and does not remove the sub region

Command: TownHelp
Description: Displays the ehlp menu
Usage: /town help [page#]

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
Bug already fixed.

Elaborate? I had to set an offset to increase the radius by 1 due to math, but this shouldn't make regions any larger than they were originally (Infact, people who used the glowstone rings to dig out their town will notice that the new regioned area is not covering the entire ring. Hence why we never recommend building up to the region borders). And then in some areas, the regions are expanded due to the 36 point polygon to mimic a circular shape.

I'm not sure what a 36-sided polygon looks like but I just know that I used to have a good idea for the borders of many towns on the server and now those borders have changed very slightly. Just enough to ... eh... make me sad.

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
I cant add people to my town region, when i try it says there isnt a region with the name Port_Royal. When i use a coal on the town it says the name is Port_Royal.

RagingDragon5

Portal
@gabizou It's not a bug, but it is super annoying. Hamlet region tip was an odd number (1). When you upgrade to town the region tip is an even number (14). It messes up the symmetry of the towns. I don't care if the region is reduced a bit, I just want everything centered.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
@gabizou It's not a bug, but it is super annoying. Hamlet region tip was an odd number (1). When you upgrade to town the region tip is an even number (14). It messes up the symmetry of the towns. I don't care if the region is reduced a bit, I just want everything centered.
Everything should be odd numbered. Though, take that OCD and try coding with it :p

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I would if I knew how. So does this mean, the regions will be reduced slightly so it can be odd numbered?
It means lots of math. The issue stems from the radius being set to 100 for Town whereas Hamlet was 75. As you can imagine, there's an issue when it comes to numbers like that and math.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
So I upgraded my town, Drakenvale. I went to measure the new regions, and they had seemed to have increase as expected. I logged back on within a hour and the regions had reset back to the Hamlet size. Everything else seems to have registered as us upgrading.

Also, when I upgraded the town from Hamlet to Town the message displayed said something along the lines of "you have upgraded your town, Drakenvale to a City!" just a small thing.

Thanks for all the hard work!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry, Closing thread seeing that this is for the original alpha testing. Any further issues, please open a bug report thread for that individual issue.