• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships 3.3 update discussion

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I want to get some dialogue going about the next 'major' shakedown to Townships. The core of this update will be the fact that an incomplete war system has unbalanced the Township economy, and they have become far too self-reliant. Here's the gist of the proposed changes:

• Housing generates no income (who knows, maybe not having all those daily event checks will make towns not randomly break!)
  • Inter-town trading is still a thing, with the value probably reduced.
  • For these two things, taxes are adjusted accordingly.
This is meant to be twofold; fix the hella borked income some towns are producing, while altering the purpose of housing regions to be more of a way for mayors to give members areas protected from other town members (and so we don;t have to deal with those annoying town theft PEs, heh).

Discuss.

P.S. A coder is reporting to be close to his rewrite of the plugin. Once that is done, we will be heavily testing it before switching to it (if it passes muster). This is not a new system. Think of it as a horizontal shift to a more streamlined version of what we are currently using, which will hopefully fix all of the issues that we all have been having.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
The Environment that I choose for my town to be into, Ice Spikes, is a challenge enough. Please don't entirely remove the income housing creates.

I don't agree with housing losing the money it is producing. I haven't had a single issue with filling each of my building with appropriate regents. My town has no tax on it's players so they can have more freedom to give to the town in ways other than money. Many of our town members are adults with work, children and families so they are online when able and don't have the freedom to play for hours on end.
100% of the income of my town is created by @AdrastosArmor and myself through the work we do in the town.
We use the buildings as a way to create a unique look in the snow and ice spike enviroment that we live. We already cannot produce wheat farms or sugar farms. We chopped the Oak wood we needed and as an alchemist I had created everything by hand for my town.
I'm not complaining, I'm saying that the townships are heavily focused on the biome restrictions so removing the money the buildings create would cripple if not destroy the ability for my town to be at the point it is.
Soul generation buildings also have restrictions and the money produced by them is good, but not a sustainable income if housing loses it's money production.

Lower the amount of money it creates would be better than completely removing it.

To add to this:
- Cutting the Income production on houses with just harm the towns that have trouble keeping up with the taxes.
- And Given that my town is at t4 currently, and that the houses are the only thing I have going to keep up with the current tax rates, do I need to worry about my town dying on me because I have to work and can;t spend lots of time out generating income in other ways?
- Biome restrictions are killing some towns, because of the requirements on some buildings already. Nautilus (my town) Can't produce any food farms or wood farms due to being in the Ice Spike Biome, which is limiting enough on the size we can reach. We haven't built some of the houses anyways because I can't spend the few hours it would take to harvest enought wheat for the bread needed and that is basic houses, not the cookies/pies that some of the higher tier housing requires.

As before, Biome restrictions need to either be the main focus, or removed entirely. If you like them for the Lore/"realness" option then provide, then that should be the main focus. Because at this point, they are simply a sideline feature, that is not noticed until it is effecting an already established town.

If housing is changed to generate zero income, and you going to offer refunds on those buildings? The members of Nautilus have respect for each others space, and use Locks on chests that they deem important. There is no reason to shell out hundreds of souls for "Minor protected regions" just to avoid theft, that already has a system in place (the LWC's and the /pe if no LWC is present). True theft is an issue, but all that staff does about it is give mayors the names anyways, and it is left to towns to handle these issues already.

Intertown trading is required to continue to expand around T4 of the towns. You can make the souls needed to meet the tax from the housing, but if you want to expand or build anything for farms or other Power generation buildings for when Siege and Raiding becomes actually doable; You MUST Have some form of the Soul Shops. Its makes the difference of 100~ish souls a day profit and a few hundred souls a day, which requires several of the shops.

To close:
If this is the Direction that towns are going, Then you will see next to no towns being built. The population restrictions and the smaller size of towns this map are limiting enough. Changing these few things up will KILL the already few and far between towns. I don't have the time or the will to spend extra time to generate the income required to run a town if I have to foot the bill on the taxes, especially at the current size my town is.
This will lead back to Bastion days, where the only people who owned towns were Merchants or Miners, and spent all of their time focused on making money to pay the weekly tax.

Anyone making vast amounts of money off towns is doing so by spending the time to build up and has either a TD shop or something else they are doing to earn the money, Maybe making and selling smaller towns.

TL;DR: Killing the income generation of towns is not good. Reducing how much soulshops give you each day could work, so long as you don't kill it entirely. Biome restrictions are harmful to towns, and if that is the idea, then their needs to be more emphasis on the restrictions on the Wiki and other forums to state it as such.

Last edited:

Domainoft

Coal
If I'm reading your post correctly, You would lower the amount of tax each city incurs to balance out that housing income is removed, while adjusting the "Between-Town" trades so that they don't produce insane amounts of income for those who only pocket it to purchase Noble plots, gear or whatever they do with it.

That part I'm fine with, I actually like having buildings with upkeep, It enables us to give meaningful tasks to our town members. However I see how some super active players are able to use this to profit by doing all the work themselves. Perhaps simply adjusting the values would be enough. Not entirely removing the system.

A second note which I don't see listed here much, Perhaps we should be more focused on production buildings for town income. Instead of Taking out taxes in the form of currency, we could take out taxes like we do housing currently. Allowing towns which can produce rare/exotic goods like Ice, or Slimeballs, blazerods, or even coal to be a new thing. Each building would require materials to stay in production. Perhaps the Ice farm takes Stone Picks, and Lava buckets to keep going. And the Iron mine requires wood and stone to produce raw iron. Add a building that smelts ore and uses up Coal. Put forth more focus on "Between Towns" co-operation and less on how many souls can be produced.

One of the major issues we currently face is the removal of the warehouse function. While at one hand it forces us to have members help keep buildings going. "As we can't be online every 2 hours to fill the gold mine, or iron mines most of the usefulness/production of these buildings sits idle."

Our Town L'Acadien /formally Parc'Sansue/ has had many issues over the past month(s). Most of them seem to stem from the power use age part of the plugins, rather than the housing portions. Will there be a refocus on how towns handle raiding and pvp along with these changes?

Third? Forth? On thing we have encounter with our towns regions is that the biome types we have don't seem to fit the landscape. I wonder if part of the map creation process left our little island and many other places around the map with a greater degree of biomes than vanilla MC, and how that effects the economy of soul production buildings. Our town leader @BoDuhal has spent a great amount of effort searching out which biomes we have available to that we can best use our resources. This is something I doubt many players think about before founding their towns. I haven't thought of any good ideas to fix this, but its certainly a concern. And a reason why many of our Soul goods for sale in the economy are overlapping. aka does anyone actually have a Great Hills, Flower Forest, or Mesa biome within their regions that are producing goods related to them?

Summary

I'm not against toning down the profits made by towns, I don't think they should be used as a soul farm by players. Perhaps a change in how towns are upgraded would be useful as well. Making the initial startup costs similar to what they are. But requiring a certain amount of time invested in buildings rather than large monetary investments as you progress through the tiers.

Second a shift in focus on goods production, which can be taken to TD and sold to other players for building or use. Currently the economy is lacking in goods being sold. Some goods remain highly consumable and sought after, while common things like stone and food are ney to impossible to profit from.

Third a redoubling on bug fixes pertaining to Defense, Besieging, and PvP within town boundaries. I love the PvE aspect of towns, and believe there should be a safety net for them. PvPers already dominate enough areas of the server. But towns who are poorly ran, misused, or simply lacking in activity should have real concerns.

Forth, and last I promise. A rebalanced on what each biome type produces, Perhaps even branching it into sub-biomes. Perhaps the ability to slightly shift your biomes with Admin help and great cost. This could be a Forest biome getting chanted to a Dark Oak, or Flower forest at the cost of lots of Dark Oak saplings/ flowers/ dirt blocks ect ect.

Last edited:

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I agree whole heartedly with the biome rescrictions placed on a lot of the buildings. This map is absolutely beautiful, but a lot of the biomes that are aesthetically pleasing aren't conducive to townships. I like the direction of the proposed changes you listed @Alator .

Just going to toss out a few ideas for moving forward, just spit balling here:
  • Redefining the purpose of Townships as it pertains to this map and playerbase.
    Some of these purposes are pretty obvious: Player Housing/Protected Regions, Player base interactions/relations, HC's version of player base organizations (i.e. factions, clans, etc.), Money dump for the player base, Massive Economic Gain (long term, if done correctly), and Aesthetic outlet for a lot of the "builders" of the server (although, I still feel exteremly handcuffed in a lot of areas when it comes to building). - Feel free to add your thoughts to this list -
    With that being said, what should the purpose of townships be?

(I'll be adding more as I can, at work at the moment.)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
From my point of view...

If the updates that are being proposed on this thread are going to come then I will not be willing to have a town anymore and I may not even consider becoming a part of another town. The only three reasons I have for holding a town are giving player's a home (which I am currently unable to do because of reasons I wish not to mention), making money for myself to support anything I want to get without spending 4 hours of my time (which I am unable to afford to spend every WEEK), and getting items that would other wise be extremely difficult or tedious to obtain such as cobblestone (I have horrible luck with diamond mining and I have no way of obtaining enchants without spending money; which for reasons previously mentioned makes this issue annoying without a town). The updates being described would prevent my second goal from being a reality and the third to be very difficult with the second being impossible (could be a slight exaggeration depending on the magnitude of the changes to housing).

Suggestions:
-The biome restrictions aren't working already and serves no purpose other than making it difficult for people to get certain things with a town, which may I remind you we can only have one of besides maybe one outpost or so (as far as I know). Get rid of it entirely or make it so that only
items such as sponges, enderpearls, etc. (luxuries) require certain biomes (assuming that all of the stated items were or will become
available for production by a town.
-Upgrading seems not to work so well and thus should be removed, maybe in favor of higher build costs (again my information may be
outdated).
-Housing NEEDS to make money for the town otherwise all towns that are tribes or have no connections to other towns for trading purposes
will have no way of paying off town taxes and will be extremely difficult to maintain. In this case either tribes have to be made to have little to no
taxes or a different system of trading must be devised (but that would be annoying to make).
-PvP between towns needs to be encouraged and war must be refined, I do agree with this. Towns at war should give members global PvP
rights against the opposing town or the town should become a war zone, making both towns (and possibly some of the surrounding areas)
into town-exclusive PvP areas, regardless of the side of the world either are on.

Summary:
Basically, keep housing the same or REALLY similar to how it is now and figure out a fix for the war system. Something 'special' needs to be added to townships, I feel it can be rather boring and tedious and needs some sort of excitement. The system as a whole is fine as far as my town goes and it really just needs some refinement for the other towns and some minor tweaks to the existing system and a splash of 'pizzow'.

Last edited:

trapzor

Iron
  • Housing generates no income (who knows, maybe not having all those daily event checks will make towns not randomly break!)

To avoid completely crippling towns that have chosen to use housing as their primary form of income, consider these possibilities which I think also achieve some of your objectives:

Option 1: Have houses reduce the town's upkeep by a certain amount, with a minimum upkeep of zero.

This way towns that rely on housing can't use the houses to make money, only to sustain the town. To make a profit, they'd need to use the town trade system, which could then be scaled back as you suggested to avoid runaway inflation (see option 2).

Option 2: Apply a soft-cap to town income generation.

Rather than ditching housing-income (which again, disproportionately eviscerates towns that have invested heavily in housing infrastructure), just apply a soft cap to total town income. Whatever you think is a reasonable upper-limit for town profits, if you don't want these getting too high, apply a scaling factor past that amount. So if you think 500 after upkeep is the most a town should make, for example, apply a scaling factor of 20% to income above 500. So a town that makes 1000 would instead make

500 + 500(0.2) = 600.

A town that makes 2000 would make

500 + 1500(0.2) = 800.

So there's still an incentive to trade and build money-generating structures, but beyond a certain point you experience diminishing returns.

These suggestions don't address the daily housing checks, but my hope is that these ideas might help lead to some compromise that doesn't completely eliminate housing income. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Alator, if the town income gets reduced, remember to lower the cost of town structures pls

Nukadokuu

Gold
After doing some math, I realize just how insane the amount of money towns can potentially generate is. These numbers are assuming the individual players are not taxed, all houses are stocked daily, soulshop/factory trades are made at 250s each, and the town has a dragon egg, each tier could generate these numbers after the daily tax.

Tribe - 90s
Hamlet - 790s
Village - 2,000s

Edit, I was bored and did the math forT4-6
Town - 3695s
City - 4975s
Metropolis - 9120s

Not even looking at T4 or above, the numbers are pretty crazy, but let's look at a few things. Towns need to generate money to buy and build new structures. Although technically it's only 2001s to upgrade from T1 to T2, it really costs about 4,401s to do it, considering you need to rebuild, and build new homes. This is without counting in farms, factories, or the Soul Generators. In my personal view, the amount generated by these first three stages seems very nice.

My reasoning being this: Say my town upgrades to T2, we generate 790s according to my math. If every home is occupied, that's 14 people. That 790s a day is to benefit everyone in the town in some way or another. That 790s allows me to reward my town members for keeping their own homes stocked, help them change class/profession, buy them armor, materials, and weapons. And of course some of it would need to stay in the town bank to help it grow and have some level of financial security. So when a town member comes to me needing money for a new God Pick, I can toss 30s at them and say "Enjoy, it's on the town" instead of "Well crap, everyone is flat broke".

All this being said, it does get a bit ridiculous. 2k a day is a lot, even split between 21 people. And of course this is all assuming everyone in town is even active to receive/use the money. But again, this is all assuming optimal conditions; every home stocked daily, successful trade of soul items each day, fully upgraded homes, dragon eggs, and not needing to buy/build anything new. I do think that there should be some sort of crunch, so that things are a bit more even. Jumping from 90s profit to 790s is a bit much, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be hammered into the ground.

In my opinion, towns need to be self-efficient, or else it's going to hurt individual players too much, or make towns much more selective about their population. If towns are forced to tax their players, it kills a lot of casual players. They cant join a town because they don't have enough time between school, work, or other events to generate enough souls to pay a tax AND generate enough to do things such as change class. Before you know it, there's only a few towns on the map, and they don't accept or force out casual players, leaving them with no safe haven, and eventually quitting because they keep getting stolen from.

I started a town out of boredom, because I had money to spare, and knew it would keep me busy with a large project of making it look nice and grandiose. But I've come to realize I also want to help people, to make a town where people can be happy and be rewarded for helping. My town members earn souls for keeping their homes stocked, and I'd like to be able to help them chose their professions or valuable items they need, and that overflow is how I can do it. I think this is how a town should be, helpful to all it's members. And having these individual home regions also helps town security, it keeps a new player to a town from stealing from others and leaving.

Anyways, I'm rambling now. Simply put, I'm fine with reducing the overall profit of towns, especially with the ridiculous jumps in souls earned, but if the town and its members don't benefit from a town, then it will only hurt the server.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Wow, there are some great suggestions on this thread. (Meaning they accord with my way of seeing things :p.)

@Alator, some clarification please. When you say:

... unbalanced the Township economy, and they have become far too self-reliant

What do you mean exactly? What are you observing that brings you to this conclusion? Once we have clarity on what we're trying to fix, we have a direction to look in for fixes.

That said, I think it's evident that the current Townships 3.0 plugin is a strength for the server and a focus for player activity. Any changes should be to enhance overall player experience, and not just be narrow-focus perceived-issue fixes. :D

This is meant to ...altering the purpose of housing regions to be more of a way for mayors to give members areas protected from other town members (and so we don;t have to deal with those annoying town theft PEs, heh).
  • Am I connecting these two points correctly? What would be changed to set it up so that town owners can give individual players more security for their items? How would withdrawing income production from houses achieve this?
  • I'll just say here, I'm hearing alarm bells ringing for this one. I think it's too far different from the current experiences/expectations players on this map have developed. And it has the potential to break towns with its implementation.
  • Could TempHousing be better managed to enable town owners to give short-term uncomfortable item security to new members while they're sussing them out? Like dropping the power draw?
  • And what happened to giving town owners Prism block checks? This was intended to enable them to check out their own internal theft/griefing problems and relieve senior staff of this activity.
ON THE ECONOMY:

What's the problem with some towns having lots of money? The economy is in the same place it's been in for a long time (forgive me if I'm wrong) - there's very little to spend money on. I don't see how reducing town income will fix this in the slightest. I actually thought that the income potential in Townships 3.0 was very exciting because we might see players working with larger lumps of currency than the small amounts that are still being transacted. I mean, there's so much money and players are still charging only 30 souls for god picks, of 40 souls for a stack of leather. It's not the amount of money in the game that's the issue, it's the lack of circulation of it.

I encourage you to consider all possible changes in the light of the experience and expectations of the current server community, of the reality of the players playing this map. To do otherwise is to risk breaking faith with players and the consequences that would have for the map’s longevity.

IN ADDITION:

How about fixing a few of the bugs that make income generation by towns wobbly, such that some towns are gaining additional benefit? Such as:
  • The ability to have more than one functioning town hall (known bug)
  • The fact that some towns get a dragon egg benefit without having dragon eggs (known bug)
  • The ability to exceed the town tier housing limits (erm, I might not have reported to you on this one yet... :oops:)

P.S. A coder is reporting to be close to his rewrite of the plugin. Once that is done, we will be heavily testing it before switching to it (if it passes muster). This is not a new system. Think of it as a horizontal shift to a more streamlined version of what we are currently using, which will hopefully fix all of the issues that we all have been having.

Erm, I'll pm you on this.

Nukadokuu

Gold
So I'm bored, and came up with a rough proposition model for a rework in how much money towns generate. Like I said previously, I think towns should generate money, but I think the huge jumps are just insane. I think something like this might help fix the huge differences in money between new and old players, which is why I can afford to go out and change classes six times, while new players spend forever just trying to do it once.

Maximum Housing Earnings – Daily Town Tax w/o Egg = 100s per tier
MHE – DTT w/Egg = 150s/T

Potential Trade profit = 100s/set
PTP after reduction = 150s/set

So a town with stocked homes will always make 100-150s a day per Tier after the server tax, depending on if they have dragon eggs or not. As for Trading, this calls to reduce the trade-in items to earn 200s instead of 500 per successful turn in, thus 100s for each end of the trade. It may help to reduce the amount of soulshops/factories and such to gaining only one per tier, instead of going 0, 1, 3, 5, 5, 10. Doing it like that I would put the trade value at 300s for successful turn in. Using these numbers boils town profits down to this.

Housing alone
Tribe 100-150
Hamlet 200-300
Village 300-450
Town 400-600
City 500-750
Metropolis 600-900

Soul Items with current factory numbers but value changes
Tribe 0
Hamlet 200
Village 600
Town 1,000
City 1,000
Metropolis 2,000

Soul Items after reduction/changes
Tribe 0
Hamlet 300
Village 600
Town 900
City 1,200
Metropolis 1,500

Edit: Of course the prices to unlock and build things would have to change, as well as the exact numbers for taxes and the amount each home generates. Like I said, it's a rough sketch, have fun playing with it if you like.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
my two cents at this time.

allow unlimited amount of shacks to be created that produce no income. this will allow a town to have a safe housing area for every member they end up recruiting.

give us town owners prism blocks to check things in our town region. this will get rid of most of those pesky PEs.

keep the biome restrictions, but not so narrow. IE: each soul production region has 4 diff regions it can exist in or something along those lines.

cut all income in half down the board.

raise the population requirements for later tier towns.

have town tax based on population not town tier. the more members you have, the more you have to give back to the server to keep it running.

the reason that people are seeing income as an issue is because there are very little "gold" sinks for town owners. rather than fix what isn't broken, we should focus on finding more things for town owners to spend money on. all in all, if raiding and town wars were working properly, there wouldn't be so much money in circulation.

a bit rushed but those are my ideas so far...

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
ON THE ECONOMY:

What's the problem with some towns having lots of money? The economy is in the same place it's been in for a long time (forgive me if I'm wrong) - there's very little to spend money on. I don't see how reducing town income will fix this in the slightest. I actually thought that the income potential in Townships 3.0 was very exciting because we might see players working with larger lumps of currency than the small amounts that are still being transacted. I mean, there's so much money and players are still charging only 30 souls for god picks, of 40 souls for a stack of leather. It's not the amount of money in the game that's the issue, it's the lack of circulation of it.

I encourage you to consider all possible changes in the light of the experience and expectations of the current server community, of the reality of the players playing this map. To do otherwise is to risk breaking faith with players and the consequences that would have for the map’s longevity.
While I do feel that the amount of money that some towns can make is a little too much and should be brought down a bit, I agree whole-heartedly with your comments on the economy. In general there has to be some better ways of getting people to spend their souls, be it a server made market with virtually every item at a higher cost or, with a concept that I enjoy for rpg-esque games though maybe not for HC, a system to spend souls to upgrade one's skills, attributes, etc. I feel that lowering the town income is priming the towns for if and when something happens to change the economy, so that if things become more expensive in some way, instead of their income changing then and getting them to feel like "oh we not have so little income to get these expensive things", they will feel like "the cost of everything came up and since our income went down a while back, we must now work harder to acheive our goals." Interpret the last sentence the way you want but I mean it in a positive way, for those of you whi see it as negative.

Nukadokuu

Gold
A lack of money sinks is always a problem for me, regardless of what game I'm playing (Except Runescape, that shit gets expensive). WoW fixed it with Garrisons and having to upgrade things constantly, which was nice, as well as incredibly expensive mounts that were little more than status symbols. In most Zelda games I'm constantly running around with maxed Rupees, or in Mario games I get way too many extra lives because I collect so many damn coins.

In short, as much as I've been going on about the money issue, we do need a money sink of sorts. Perhaps some sort of special vanity/cosmetic items? I know there's the trails and such people can obtain via chests, perhaps add a few that can be purchased with a shit-ton of souls? Some sort of status-symbols? Perhaps new titles? Idk, just spit-balling at this point. Maybe make Crate Keys purchasable in-game for like 10k each? idk

Domainoft

Coal
I agree with much of what Witch said, We should first decide what role and expectations we have of towns. Then look how well they are currently fulfilling these roles. And finally brainstorm ideas to make them better.

From my standpoint I see towns as being a collective point for players. They should encourage interaction between players who may have only crossed paths in the wilds or in PvP before hand. They are also a useful place for players who would rather not set up a shop in TD to get use of their skills. They give players a relatively safe place to store their belongs, and stage adventures from.

1. Meet and interact with new players
2. Use as a trade hub for your goods/services.
3. Storage for your belongings.
4. Staging point for Incursions into PvP or PvE content.

One thing I have heard rumored "I wont name specific names here" is that players had set up fairly large towns as a source of income. It doesn't take much effort to keep the buildings stocked by 1 or 2 players. Running from house to house you can put enough goods to keep them running for a week with ease. As was said 2k souls a day split between 20 people isn't that huge an issue. But if 2 players are splitting it. That becomes quite a different matter for the lack of effort required. Even this in it self isn't really the issues that bother me the most.

I have heard players take in new members to the community, which is easy to do with the promise of safe housing and a helping hand. As with any server the majority of new players wont stick. And these select cities benefit from driving off new members after a few days. Keeping any belongings they may have acquired. They also get 30 days worth of the activity timer allowing them to maintain their population by bringing new members in each month or two.

I'd propose a form of reward system to help with this. Every month a member belongs to a city. And remains active. Both the player and the city gain a benefit. This doesn't have to be a monetary reward. Perhaps this reward could even scale with the overall activity or contribution of the city to the server in some fashion. Just tossing ideas at the wall.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I really like a lot of the ideas I see here, though I'll be honest in saying that putting in the TONS of time that I have into my town is one of the primary reason me and the other owners started it. Costs of structures, income, etc would all have to be adjusted across the board. If I'm being completely frank I think the next Townships update should undergo HEAVY testing before implementation and should be implemented whenever the next map gets released. I feel that releasing it during this map would only server to further segment the economy (cutting off new towns from ever being able to compete (net worth wise) with the more established towns. To be frank I think the focus at the moment should be getting the Siege and War features operating correctly and fixing known bugs as has been stated in previous posts.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
I really like a lot of the ideas I see here, though I'll be honest in saying that putting in the TONS of time that I have into my town is one of the primary reason me and the other owners started it. Costs of structures, income, etc would all have to be adjusted across the board. If I'm being completely frank I think the next Townships update should undergo HEAVY testing before implementation and should be implemented whenever the next map gets released. I feel that releasing it during this map would only server to further segment the economy (cutting off new towns from ever being able to compete (net worth wise) with the more established towns. To be frank I think the focus at the moment should be getting the Siege and War features operating correctly and fixing known bugs as has been stated in previous posts.
I agree with you on this. I feel like there needs to be more incentive to spend the money towns can make. Not punish the towns that are making tons of money.
Find reasons for owners with successful towns to spend more money, trade with towns, find ways to help create more towns.

If my town is making tons of profit, awesome, reward it with things to buy. Unique items only certain classes can make, or helping fund new towns with reliable players. More trading options in the Trade District.

If they remove the money housing is making, lowers the taxes, etc. Then they better be refunding the cost of those houses/buildings. Otherwise you are taking away the money earned to set up the town in the first place and throwing weaker towns under the bus while larger towns (with wayy more money as a result) remain relatively unaffected.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
A lack of money sinks is always a problem for me, regardless of what game I'm playing (Except Runescape, that shit gets expensive). WoW fixed it with Garrisons and having to upgrade things constantly, which was nice, as well as incredibly expensive mounts that were little more than status symbols. In most Zelda games I'm constantly running around with maxed Rupees, or in Mario games I get way too many extra lives because I collect so many damn coins.

In short, as much as I've been going on about the money issue, we do need a money sink of sorts. Perhaps some sort of special vanity/cosmetic items? I know there's the trails and such people can obtain via chests, perhaps add a few that can be purchased with a shit-ton of souls? Some sort of status-symbols? Perhaps new titles? Idk, just spit-balling at this point. Maybe make Crate Keys purchasable in-game for like 10k each? idk
That's what I mean with my post when I said that the economy would be good if it tied into skills, attributes, etc.
Well stated! :)

Ruger392

Obsidian
Well sadly I can't right a wall of text for this but any reason to why my town has been generating no income only loosing money from the town bank ever since the raiding update to towns? (Town name Espa)