• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Township] Initial Costs

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Although the prices have been amped up this map for towns in my opinion there are still far too many towns. Me and @HolyRane were talking the other day and were just talking about how if you wanted to make a hamlet there was no effort involved. All you have to do is grab a couple of friends and go mining for a day and you have it. There's almost no work involved.
My idea is to make the costs of getting your region down (hamlet) higher than most if not all of the upgrades after it. This way the most work will have to be put into getting your first region down. This will limit the numbers of towns that will form and will ensure only stronger towns even make it to their first region.

Say a hamlet costs 5c, a town 20c, city 40c, and a capital 80c. Change the prices to hamlet 35c, town 10c, city 30c and capital 70c. You have the same amount of work involved to work your way up to capital but now you actually have to put a lot of effort into getting your first region down. Note that these prices are in no way meant to be to scale to anything. Just an example.

I think that this will efficiently limit the number of hamlets formed. If people have a high cost for their first region it will discourage every little tiny group to start their own hamlets and they can then join existing ones to form stronger communities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hear hear!

I'm going to toss some example costs out here:
  • found a Hamlet- 25k, +10 signatures
  • upgrade to Town- 10k, +5 signatures
  • upgrade to City- 15k, +10 signatures
  • upgrade to Capital- 25k, +15 signatures
The total for making a Capital is 75k with 50 signatures.

Currently (if the wiki is to be believed) it costs 142.5k and 25 signatures to be considered a Capital. So it's more people-dependent which IMO is how it should be, and 50 signatures is fairly achievable. Lorien did it for a while there, no? Could also simply bump up the coin if 75k is too easy.

If we assume that a higher entry point for making a Hamlet would reduce the number of towns made by 25%, working off our current number of settlements that's about 12 towns fewer. If it takes 10 signatures to make a Hamlet we have a minimum of 120 more people to be distributed between the other towns, and still working off our current situation that's about 3 more signatures per remaining town.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I like this idea. I think that it would be cool if towns actually had stuff going on inside them all day. I feel like a lot of towns are just ghost towns.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I like this idea. I think that it would be cool if towns actually had stuff going on inside them all day. I feel like a lot of towns are just ghost towns.
There should be a reason to defend your town so more people stay in it. Maybe there could be a buff to all the people in that town if they successfully defended their town for a certain time period.

malmenca

Diamond
This makes 0 sense. IDK the required amount of people per hamlet and upgrades, but using your original numbers (5, 20, 40, 80) 5c for a region requiring 5 people( I think ) then 20c for 10 ppl and son on and so forth. In your suggested change, a hamlet requireing 5 people costs more than a town requiring 10 people. Why would 5 people have to earn more than 10 people for the proper sized region.

malmenca

Diamond
I suggest raising every cost a significant amount. At this point one person could make the money to go town by themselves.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
This makes 0 sense. IDK the required amount of people per hamlet and upgrades, but using your original numbers (5, 20, 40, 80) 5c for a region requiring 5 people( I think ) then 20c for 10 ppl and son on and so forth. In your suggested change, a hamlet requireing 5 people costs more than a town requiring 10 people. Why would 5 people have to earn more than 10 people for the proper sized region.

I think it makes great sense. Think about the first settlers to what is now the US, for example, it was probably harder for them to get started than it was to expand.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it is too easy to get Hamlet, but too hard to get upgrades from there, so I agree with what you say here.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Real talk. This is very true. I think there is no current incentive to upgrade towns, for it costs 20k to get to town from hamlet. Even though it's a small increase in region size.

TL;DR I support thiz.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Real talk. This is very true. I think there is no current incentive to upgrade towns, for it costs 20k to get to town from hamlet. Even though it's a small increase in region size.

TL;DR I support thiz.

T:;DR rane watches anime

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Hear hear!

Currently (if the wiki is to be believed) it costs 142.5k and 25 signatures to be considered a Capital. So it's more people-dependent which IMO is how it should be, and 50 signatures is fairly achievable. Lorien did it for a while there, no? Could also simply bump up the coin if 75k is too easy.

If we assume that a higher entry point for making a Hamlet would reduce the number of towns made by 25%, working off our current number of settlements that's about 12 towns fewer. If it takes 10 signatures to make a Hamlet we have a minimum of 120 more people to be distributed between the other towns, and still working off our current situation that's about 3 more signatures per remaining town.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with this. I was talking to Bear cat about this just last night. Initial start up should be a kick in the pants cost wise. Upgrades after that should be cheaper than the initial start up except maybe capital.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Hear hear!

I think that capital should require 30-40. I believe a kingdom should cost 100k and need 50-75 people. It is far to difficult to maintain 100+ active members. It's not going to happen as of now.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting concept.

When you think about it, a Capital costs 142.5k for a 100x100 region. Meanwhile, you can place four hamlets side by side for a 100x100 region for only 30k!

Greater initial costs sound like a great idea.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Interesting concept.

When you think about it, a Capital costs 142.5k for a 100x100 region. Meanwhile, you can place four hamlets side by side for a 100x100 region for only 30k!

Greater initial costs sound like a great idea.

Man I should of thought of this! Hamlet Newerth 1, 2, 3, and 4 and I'd have my Capital xD