• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Township] Initial Costs

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Frankly, I've never understood this whole "there's too many towns"mindset. Especially now, when towns are basically useless, and most people seem to prefer guilds or loose factions.
Realistically, the amount of citizens required to keep a capital (assuming it is 50, as stated previously) is so many as to ensure the death of any capital level town after a short period of time. If anything, I'd say the whole system needs a revamp to make towns worth these constant price increases. As it stands, the way I see it, towns are nothing more than a region and a symbol of status, with an increasingly massive cost and decreasing benefit.
hasnt it always been like that...?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Honestly towns are incredibly hard to manage these days. Ever since spawn plots and personal regions came into play last map towns have been annoying. Before we had these alternate regions to store our things in people actually had to live in towns. It brought people together. My kingdom last map got hit hard when this happened. Everyone just started living way off site and it isolated them and in some cases they just left the town as they has no reason to be in one. The entire town system needs a revamp IMO. I would love to see things like p regions and spawn plots go but I dot think it'll ever happen. With increasing prices and decreasing benefit and incentive to be in towns I just don't see running a town to be fun or productive in most cases.
(typed on iPod so ignore spelling errors :p )

aceshooter11

Portal
Frankly, I've never understood this whole "there's too many towns" mindset. Especially now, when towns are basically useless, and most people seem to prefer guilds or loose factions.
Realistically, the amount of citizens required to keep a capital (assuming it is 50, as stated previously) is so many as to ensure the death of any capital level town after a short period of time. If anything, I'd say the whole system needs a revamp to make towns worth these constant price increases. As it stands, the way I see it, towns are nothing more than a region and a symbol of status, with an increasingly massive cost and decreasing benefit.

What having a cap would or could do

Increase the value of towns Supply on demand theory.

Would make bigger towns possible to survive
Lesser towns for player to spread out to would force players to stick and group up.

Things we would needfor these bigger towns be worth the time.

Sub-Regions
Owner perks such as
Channel creation number of X per lvl of town

Most likely more can be said but thats all I can think of this second

Gankstar

Stone
Make hamlets maybe smaller instead of 100x100 but honestly, gathering 7500 coins is a bitch when you are new. Low health, crappy supplies, 0 skills and a majority of the world mined makes it a pain to find gold. Everywhere you go a lot is mined out. I would say 80% of my time is spent looking for a place on the edges of the world that isn't mined.

malmenca

Diamond
Remove DG plots! fuck em. Last map zeal plots didn't come into play until far into the map. Thus people joined towns and created friendships and would stay with their town, even after zeal plots were available. DG plots are the root of all evil

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
What having a cap would or could do

Increase the value of towns Supply on demand theory.

Would make bigger towns possible to survive
Lesser towns for player to spread out to would force players to stick and group up.

Things we would needfor these bigger towns be worth the time.

Sub-Regions
Owner perks such as
Channel creation number of X per lvl of town

Most likely more can be said but thats all I can think of this second
Amen