• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Town regions not auto-adding new townmembers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I know danda. I just thought I'd tag him anyways so he knows it's all of us. Even if it may be a given xD
And to answer the question for this thread: Townships has never intended to automatically grant region access to the entire town region due to the simple request to facilitate easier region protections for Towns as they expand. The current set up allows you to make sub regions and add members to those regions and likewise, add managers (who can add other players to the sub region without a Town check), and add owners (who can make more sub region and add managers). Given this, I believe it's very easy to enforce a multitude of region setups for various towns who wish to control access to entire swaths of their town or have a care free town region granting complete access to areas regardless of town rank.

Because, here's my reasoning: Townships automatically removes inactive citizens. Given that, I don't wish for Townships to automatically remove players from all regions within the town in the event they come back from an extended vacation and such. Also, having said that, there are more than enough resources for you to add sub region membership to new players with one command. Granted, it now takes two commands to give access to someone, but this is ultimately secure and reduces the plausibility of town theft (if used correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.